Autopsy Cats lose to Port by 6 points after being down by 10 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely embarrassing for a sport to have continuous play that resilts in a goal to be ruled out for a free kick to the team who kicked the goal

We absolutely did ourselves no favours falling 50 points down but that call is as bad as it gets
The umpire had made the call before that. What if Henry had kicked it straight to a Port player and the umpire had called advantage? You would have blamed the ump if course.

Poor first let alone the first quarter cost us. The end margin was a bout right either way considering the blown start. There are obvious issues and it revolves around the midfield inc ruck. The presser will be interesting

Last edited:

Meh. If we’ve learnt anything it’s time to throw caution to the wind. Mullin must play. Duncan maybe shouldn’t. Conway or Blitz to ruck, thanks for the memories Rhys. Hawkins on the bench was telling. Rohan/Henry/Neale deep forward. I like Jez roaming - the forward half of the ground. Give Humphries a run, speed is where it’s at. Clark will be a beauty once he hits the gym. Mannagh, COS in Darwin. Our 7-0 credits fast running out but Scott should and hopefully will make some hard decisions now, he’s done it before. Still positive.

Duncan was much better after 1/2 time. Hitting targets again.
Yeah, but early, playing against younger guys who haven't tired yet, he was a liability.

I love Duncan, but I want good Duncan. If that means he plays every second game then that's what we need.

you did it to yourself GIF

When you don't turn up for 40 minutes of a match you're pushing it uphill. Mullin looked strong as a mid and did curb Horne-Francis, and Stengle was amazing, along with Zuthrie, but when your midfield misses a player like Bowes who was rested, it was easy pickings for Port's blokes early. Bit of a waste of a game, four points left on the table and to be frank it won't be easy getting them against the Suns in Darwin or GWS especially at their default home ground at KP again.

Need Conway in, unless today was a 'Pathetic Stanley' type of thing. But he's just probably at the end of the road, and we need new blood in for him. In a way it feels like that 'Year of the Dogs' game, shitehouse 1st quarter, good effort for 66% of the match, but just too much to overcome. We didn't have a forward foray in the last 100 seconds of the game either, that fumbling, bumbling around the boundary was manna for Port's chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer to play a third string ruck. if Conway still injured. First 5 Port scores all started at Stanley losing a contest. Commentary said he was upset to be subbed. If that is the case then he is completely deluded.

Mullin the fire starter. Zuth good all game and Max. Stewart still seems to be not himself. Stengle goal kicking sublime

Prepare for some blow back for not taking Jezza off after that head knock.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Parfitt - 10 tackles, 5 clearances, 3 score involvements & a goal assist

He may not be your favourite, but he's playing the role the coaches want from him - we'll see him plenty this season
Irrelevant twaddle when JHF was near on best on ground. A second half better than the first does not absolve him.

Also do not want to hear a good word about Holmes. His performance on Rioli first half also pivotal in the result

Blicavs follow ups when he was rucking felt like they had gone up a level. I wonder if we can get away with him given the rule changes to the ruck that make the hitouts more likely to be less conclusive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back