Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go, the Victorian media are telling us Hawthorn were robbed...

Jon Ralph says, “(There’s) nothing they can do now – it’s not an official error – but gee, those Hawthorn fans they would’ve loved that 20 seconds to be taken off the clock.” So it is an unofficial error Jon? Official or otherwise why should we give a rat's what Hawthorn fans would like?

It has taken the Victorian biased media a day and a half to come up with this whinge about an 'unofficial' error. No one appeared to question the time on call at the time. In hindsight we are to believe that Hawthorn were robbed by an umpiring mistake, gimme a break Jon. As I posted previously there was at least one holding the ball and a foul after disposal that might have gone Port's way in the last few minutes.

:p
1. Looks to me he was setting up Bongers on the correct angle which is done in time off.
2. What a bunch of moaning campaigners.

Jon Ralph says, “(There’s) nothing they can do now – it’s not an official error – but gee, those Hawthorn fans they would’ve loved that 20 seconds to be taken off the clock.” So it is an unofficial error Jon? Official or otherwise why should we give a rat's what Hawthorn fans would like?

It has taken the Victorian biased media a day and a half to come up with this whinge about an 'unofficial' error. No one appeared to question the time on call at the time. In hindsight we are to believe that Hawthorn were robbed by an umpiring mistake, gimme a break Jon. As I posted previously there was at least one holding the ball and a foul after disposal that might have gone Port's way in the last few minutes.

Hinkley robbed Hawthorn.

We better sack Hinkley for this crime against humanity.

And yet he has been complaining more than anyone

It's always someone else's fault in the eyes of Crows fans - long may it continue, because they'll never win anything with that attitude.

Jon Ralph is a Hawthorn supporter and a deadset w***er

Probably an unpopular opinion: - I agree with Gornes that the over run would not have been called if it were a Daicos.

Further, if Ports were in the same situation, I would hope the same comment would be made by Kornes.
Would have been hard for the umpires to blow up for Daicos running too far when one hand is busy fondling themselves and the other one is writing 3 Votes Daicos on the Brownlow form.

This post is not directly linked to Australian Rules Football but it does lead to a question, 'How much faith can we put in any thing that is published in the media these days?' This is yet more evidence that AI can be and is being used to fabricate fake news on social media and in the main stream media. That must be head shaking stuff.

We could be at the thin edge of the wedge as it may get to the stage that unless we hear some thing straight from the person's mouth there must be an element of doubt about the truth. Even then are we sure it is the person speaking or a computer generated image?

In any case this guy has been found out.

This post is not directly linked to Australian Rules Football but it does lead to a question, 'How much faith can we put in any thing that is published in the media these days?' This is yet more evidence that AI can be and is being used to fabricate fake news on social media and in the main stream media. That must be head shaking stuff.

We could be at the thin edge of the wedge as it may get to the stage that unless we hear some thing straight from the person's mouth there must be an element of doubt about the truth. Even then are we sure it is the person speaking or a computer generated image?

In any case this guy has been found out.

He wasn't using AI to fabricate stories, he was using AI to reword existing stories written by real journalists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further to our discussion recently about Kelly ERRORS blUnderwood.

I come in from doing my outdoor chores, turn on TV, its about 3.10 and the replay of Offsiders is on ABC News and Simon Hill is talking soccer, so I decided to watch as he's good value. I missed their discussion about Central Coast Mariners' great championship 2-1 extra time win over Melbourne Victory, after they equalled the Victory in the 91st minute after being 0-1 down for about 40 minutes, but they discuss a few other soccer things.

Anyone who knows anything about Simon Hill, knows he's from Manchester and is a City fan.

He's on the big screen in their Sydney studio and his segment finishes, and as they have Charlie King coming in to discuss Indigenous Round in general and Dream-time at the G game, blUnderwood says good bye to him and says ;

"We're gonna leave you to drown your sorrows about Melbourne City's loss in the FA Cup final." Simon Hill interrupts and says Manchester City. blUnderwood then says "Sorry! Sorry! Manchester City over Manchester United. How can I forget, get that wrong."

How Kelly?? Because you are a ratshit sports commentator, that's how. I turn the TV off.

Last edited:

I come in from doing my outdoor chores, turn on TV, its about 3.10 and the replay of Offsiders is on ABC News and Simon Hill is talking soccer, so I decided to watch as he's good value. I missed their discussion about Central Coast Mariners' great championship 2-1 extra time win over Melbourne Victory, after they equalled the Victory in the 91st minute after being 0-1 down for about 40 minutes, but they discuss a few other soccer things.

Anyone who knows anything about Simon Hill, knows he's from Manchester and is a City fan.

He's on the big screen in their Sydney studio and his segment finishes, and as they have Charlie King coming in to discuss Indigenous Round in general and Dream-time at the G game, blUnderwood says good bye to him and says ;

"We're gonna leave you to drown your sorrows about Melbourne City's loss in the FA Cup final." Simon Hill interrupts and says Manchester City. blUnderwood then says "Sorry! Sorry! Manchester City over Manchester United. How can I forget, get that wrong."

How Kelly?? Because you are a ratshit sports commentator, that's how. I turn the TV off.
Well ManC actually didn't win over ManU, Kelly :D:thumbsu::sweatsmile:

So just rubbing salt into the poor bloke's wounds.

Good to see! :laughv1:

Man - it's not easy to make Stephen Rowe seem competent, but this girl constantly opens her mouth to change feet.

Lol I had to read that 3 times before I realised she said Melbourne City's loss in the FA Cup final. It was so incongruous my brain replaced Melbourne with Manchester. Except then I wondered how Man City beat Man City and read it again. And again. :D

Jon Ralph is a Hawthorn supporter and a deadset w***er

Richmond.

Has that weird Melbourne Media trait of going into bat for HeArTLaNd cLuBs against the great unwashed hordes from over The Siegfried Line a lot, but.

Also an avowed fan of gravity-defying backdoor shenanigans (which is neither here nor there).

AED1E736-F5F9-4DDB-9F89-401A9EB7980C.jpeg

Festerz mentioned Dwayne on The Front Bar in another thread and he was entertaining. Talked about his time at Port and Geelong, wagging school with Craig Bradley to play footy, his post-footy media career.

I'll tell the short version of this story, it will probably be on Twitter, but goes along the lines of he was in the team spa after Thursday training before the Prelim Final expecting to get picked for Geelong after kicking 9 in the twos. He said to Blight, So I should be in this week? Blighty said Ah Dwayne we think Waverley is a bit big for you. Dwayne pointed out it was no bigger than the MCG or Kardinia Park and Blighty told him Yeah they're too big for you too. Two weeks later he was sacked.

Dwayne talked about the accountability at Port when you fronted the members at Alberton after a league game and were given the on the spot evaluation of your game. It was tough but he liked it.

Didn't mention the crows once ;)

Festerz mentioned Dwayne on The Front Bar in another thread and he was entertaining. Talked about his time at Port and Geelong, wagging school with Craig Bradley to play footy, his post-footy media career.

I'll tell the short version of this story, it will probably be on Twitter, but goes along the lines of he was in the team spa after Thursday training before the Prelim Final expecting to get picked for Geelong after kicking 9 in the twos. He said to Blight, So I should be in this week? Blighty said Ah Dwayne we think Waverley is a bit big for you. Dwayne pointed out it was no bigger than the MCG or Kardinia Park and Blighty told him Yeah they're too big for you too. Two weeks later he was sacked.

Dwayne talked about the accountability at Port when you fronted the members at Alberton after a league game and were given the on the spot evaluation of your game. It was tough but he liked it.

I grew with these guys and we went through school together. I'm sure they both remember the days at Pooraka and at Port with fondness. Playing footy and cricket on the streets and at school was a great way to grow up.

Forgot to post this the other day, probably because i didn't like that Dwayne's Front Bar work was in the media roast thread and not toast thread, but this is the profile picture of SEN Dwayne's World twitter account.

1717131439691.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back