Autopsy Brave Bulldogs go down by 14 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t switch off as I tend to talk s*t on occasion, but the umpiring was absolutely terrible both ways, all ****** night.

Credit for even getting close with 3 players out, including 1 within 5 minutes of the match and then 2 of our current best 5 players on form.

But honourable losses mean absolutely heck all. We will get spanked next week which makes tonight even worse.

Lastly, our conversion is absolutely disgraceful and we will need to spend years wondering how much of a powerhouse we could have been if we were clinical for once in our lifetimes.
Or if we payed the funds for a forward coach who actually kicked goals and was a AFL forward in his career FK me how long does this stupidity have to go on

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair enough we played well considering the injuries etc, but the fact is we had way more scoring shots and only ourselves to blame for that

Should have won the game.

Not way more, six. Hardly a massive difference but I get it.

Imagine what a decent forward and or goalkicking coach could do? 🤔

Can’t blame the effort, can’t blame the umpires, we can blame the execution and perhaps the injuries mixed with the 5 day break.

Bottom line is though we had enough chances to win, we had 5 more shots at goal (including 7 of the last 8) and won on xScore by 2 goals.

Sydney punished poor turnovers and we didn’t.

Can’t blame the effort, can blame the umpires and can definitely blame the execution.

Some of our tackle efforts and skill error/decision making was rubbish.

Probably win that fairly comfortably without the injuries and more polish and composure.

Didn’t think there was much in the Richards incident but zero chance they were taking any risks after Libba/Essendon.

Next week is important for selection integrity, Bramble must go after tonight.

The Bramble gamble has turned into a shamble.

Everything Hawks supporters said has come to light.

I look forward to him receiving a 2 year contract extension.

Can’t question the effort. Loved the centre bounce with Darcy, West, Garcia and Sanders. Was at a critical time against experienced mids and they stood up, very promising for the future.

We wasted our chances but I’ve come away from tonight happier than I have from most of our wins in the past 2 years. There were times late in the 3rd when we looked exhausted but we managed to pull it back when in the past we would’ve been blown out.

People will focus on how many down we were on the bench but also forget this is our 3rd game in 13 days, with the last being in a wet interstate slog.

Not way more, six. Hardly a massive difference but I get it.

Imagine what a decent forward and or goalkicking coach could do? 🤔
I only count 11 behinds from players so looks like 5 rushed included in our 16 behinds as a team? Obviously Sydney had a rushed behind too (but I think just 1), Jamarra missed completely with his right foot snap, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The entire team was poor, we lost tackle efficiency by over 20%.
I know you're a staunch defender of Macrae, but for a senior player some of his tackling efforts tonight were pathetic. Throwing one arm out probably doesn't even count as a tackle attempt. In one instance he didn't even realise Gulden was a left footer. That's one of the most damaging left legs in the league.

I've been in his corner up until now. Injuries probably save him for now, but I think we need to move past him.

Well you can put the “coach has lost the players” call in the bin that’s for sure.
That has always been a nonsense. You only had to see any players public comments about Beveridge when the heat was on a few weeks ago to understand this.

I reckon we might have given away a free for having 1 too many in the middle if that was the case :)

Oliver G do you have the data to determine if there has ever been a younger combined age CBA attendance than Darcy, West, Gallagher and Sanders?
Massive props to the coaches for this turnaround, but again why do we wait until the games out of reach before we give these guys a proper crack? They almost pinched it for us tonight against the best in the business, and not the first time we’ve handed over the keys to the midfield when the games done

Hopefully tonight gave the coaches some confidence that Garcia, West and Sanders in particular can and should be genuine mid rotations, we shouldn’t have to be down 6 goals to try it. Give them a go they might surprise.

And honestly long term, if we can pleaseeee keep Baz all of a sudden our future midfield with Baz, Sanders, Richard’s, West, Garcia is looking genuinely strong. Pinch one more gun first liner mid from draft or trade/ FA and we’ve genuinely rebuilt the mids on the fly

Also Richard’s? Anyone who said he can’t play midfield ****ing let me at them, could actually be a superstar, dynamic, big, fast the guys averaging double the amount of score assists than the next closest since he moved in there. He’s a stud

Really hoping we bring in Clarke or Jones (or both) so that West and Garcia can have a more significant run in the guts. Let Bont play forward.

I don’t care what anyone says, West is a key part of the future of our midfield, Garcia too. We desperately need a couple genuine small forwards.

That has always been a nonsense. You only had to see any players public comments about Beveridge when the heat was on a few weeks ago to understand this.
But it is difficult to read into a professional player merely conducting himself as a professional as opposed to the measure of the genuinity within the public comments.

There are no questions now, however.

My takeaways:
  • We are back as a team to be reckoned with. We haven't shown that much ticker since 2022 or maybe even 2021.
  • JUH is back. And will get better. Big chance to step up with Naughton out.
  • Garcia is a gun and needs to be picked every week.
  • Richards is elite.
  • We need to hold our tackles.
  • We still miss far too many shots that are better than 50% probability.
  • The coaching team is starting to gel. What a shame we didn't do a decent review - any sort of review really - and make changes after 2021.
  • We have solid depth within the 23. We have shown we can perform in big games without a massive influence from Bont, Naughton, English and Libba. I wouldn't have believed that 3 weeks ago.

Well there are a lot of things that are within the team's control that can turn our season around, no need to worry about things outside of our control.
It’s not completely out of our control.

We can complain and put the onus on the umpires to do better.

Just sitting back and taking the raw deal we have been getting for quite some time arguably cost us tonight’s match and could also be considered partially responsible for our injuries.

Team’s smash us physically because the umpires constantly let them get away with it. It’s only a matter of time before our players get hurt.

We missed too many opportunities in front of goal. It is an area we need to improve on.

However seeing the likes of West, Garcia, JUH, Sanders, Gags, Darcy stand up when the pressure was on makes footy enjoyable. Hope in the selection thread none of their names are included in the outs. Madness not to give then a decent run.

Swans supporters go EAD with umpires. You lost in 2016, 2014, 2022 because you were not good enough. Suck it up princesses.

There are still some concerns but as I keep repeating we are not to far away, just need to put time in our quality young players and keep bringing them in. We may still salvage a fair bit from this year

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back