Autopsy Brave Bulldogs go down by 14 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe get Plough in this week and show highlights of that game late in 2000 at Marvel v Essendon. Not that I'm suggesting a flood next week, just that if everyone sticks to a plan, anything is possible. Although Plough won that game when he switched from defence to attack in the last quarter, having mentally drained Sheedy, Shaw, etc and ground down their players.

Our young players have been getting a great run.
Doubt any of the players named will miss out next week given our injuries, but if they do so be it, they shouldn’t over react to being dropped at this stage in their careers.

Sanders has been really struggling with the pace of the game at senior AFL
level all season, and is lucky to have been given as many games as he’s gotten.

I still expect he will improve with time as he gains experience and composure but it also looks like they need to do some serious training with him to improve his pace, because he has pretty much looked like the slowest player on the field in every game he has played so far.
The black boots make him look slower than he is. Throw some fresh white kicks on and he’ll be fine.

Tonight will be the night that proves both the pro Bevo and anti bevo camps right.

For the pro-bevo, it proves that he can coach a team to compete and beat the best teams in the league. We competed with two players on the bench for a half and ran over the top. If we play like we did the last two weeks we win a lot of games.

For the anti-bevo, we just shouldn’t have been 5-5 before tonight if we play to potential each week which made this game critical to any chance of finals and will push us to a 12 place finish when we can be so much better.

Sanders has been really struggling with the pace of the game at senior AFL
level all season, and is lucky to have been given as many games as he’s gotten.

I still expect he will improve with time as he gains experience and composure but it also looks like they need to do some serious training with him to improve his pace, because he has pretty much looked like the slowest player on the field in every game he has played so far.
It was concerning with some of his lack of urgency and applied pressure from when he started on the field. Though fairly he would never have anticipated going on so early, which may have affected preperation. He is definitely has all the attributes and above, which he has displayed, and very exciting to have.

Our young players have been getting a great run.
Doubt any of the players named will miss out next week given our injuries, but if they do so be it, they shouldn’t over react to being dropped at this stage in their careers.

Sanders has been really struggling with the pace of the game at senior AFL level all season, and is lucky to have been given as many games as he’s gotten.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he has some sort of injury. They should possibly check him for O.P.

Is he really that slow? He’s not quick but I think this is really over doing it

Remember that game in 2016 when Murphy did his knee, lost by a couple of points. This game reminds me of that loss. BTW the umpiring was awful and ruined the spirit of the game.
You are right, there are some similarities, but the big difference is our ladder position and W/L record. We were 12 and 4 after 16 games that season. Lose next week and we're 5 and 7.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's generally a waste of time. They genuinely believe they call each decision on its merits to the best of their ability. 🤪

They're also not keen to discuss individual incidents I've found. One of them is a Dogs supporter (retired, not current), and even questionable decisions he downplays.

I'm curious to see if there is any media questioning of that 50. The 7 commentary team were certainly in little doubt it was in the contest and VDM did nothing wrong.
Perhaps just drop a few subtle hints about how poorly our supporters think we are being treated recently, and how much our opinion of them as a group is dropping.

Nobody likes hearing things like that.
They might even unconsciously start to adjust their attitude.

As an aside that 50 meter penalty was no worse than when the Lizard knocked the ball out of Darcy's hands on the 50mtere arc a few minute before.
Wasn’t just that. Knocked it out of his hand, held it faking the "who to" (as if it could’ve been anyone but Darcy) and then when he finally gave the ball he stood 3 metres over the mark and had to be called back. But when Darcy goes up to a mark in the last 2 minutes, he doesn’t get any warning and they pay immediate 50 because he’s stopped 20cm past the mark.

Darcy’s mark was taken at 9:05 (remaining), Blakey doesn’t get on his mark until 8:56

Last edited:
The free wasn’t there and umps haven’t paid that type of dissent for ages.
That free was garbage, but you don't see that kind of 50 paid because most players don't have the same level of hubris as Chad Warner. Most players know better than to point at the scoreboard and tell the umpires to have a look.

That is the very definition of dissent.

If Astro is out for the season, I think we should just try different positions for the team and load up for next year.

Reality is:
  • Darcy needs to develop
  • Sanders needs time
  • Libba is 1 more concussion away from retirement
  • Back line needs an overhaul. Don't have much faith moving forward tbh.
  • Some coaches need to be moved on.
  • There is some disconnect between forwards to mids, mids to defence and just defence. Jones won't be around forever and Gardner is not our answer.
  • English needs to grow a set
  • Re-sign Baz and get him back to form before he went quite in mid 2022 (when the media attacked him)
  • Macrae's use-by date has expired
  • Daniel finds a better role in the team

Is he really that slow? He’s not quick but I think this is really over doing it

Don’t get me wrong I still think he has great potential but honest appraisal is critical to helping a person reach their potential.

Let’s not kid ourselves or him.
He has been noticeably slow.

The coaches now need to work out why, and how to help him improve his speed.

Don’t get me wrong I still think he has great potential but honest appraisal is critical to helping a person reach their potential.

Let’s not kid ourselves or him.
He has been noticeably slow.

The coaches now need to work out why, and how to help him improve his speed.
Lest he Mitch Wallis himself

Pretty great match to watch live.
So many whining swans fans at every free, it was a real joy.

Our system seems to be really taking consistent shape and individual improvement is exciting.

Times they were able to cut inboard using their pace was a bit scary but they were terrified to kick down the line with Jones gobbling it up.

Shame about the loss but hopefully the year has a little more positive excitement for us all.

At one point a few weeks ago I would've been shattered by not making finals and having the season just sputter out, but now, I feel like even if we miss finals (likely) we won't next year and the year after that.

Can see where we're going now and that's a bloody good thing...at last.

Also, no reason we can't beat Collingwood, Brisbane and Freo, all at Marvel, followed by North.

9-6 and we give ourselves a shot. Why not us, eh? Why not us?

Only 27k there tonight? Thursday not a good night for us to attend given a min 4hr round trip, and work/school the next day, guessing even Melb-based fans voted with their feet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back