Demonic Ascent
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About Post areas

Remove this Banner Ad

• Great album that one mate!
    Immediately got Funeralopolis in my head.
    Reactions: Demonic Ascent
    Demonic Ascent
    Demonic Ascent
    Yep one if the best albums of the last 15-20 years - wish they could capture that early form, things haven't really been the same since Let Us Prey besides the odd brilliance here and there

The quote from the start of the album in my sig is pretty appropriate to life as a Melbourne supporter as well ;)
    Rack Watts
    Rack Watts
    Haha it's so true. It's also appropriate for a Dons supporter. We have both had a rough 15 years! Ah, to relive 2000 when we were both up and about.

Don't happen to know more bands like them? They're this ambient cross between sludge/stoner metal and doom. I love it.
    Will you be at The Leveson? Would love to chat to you about the world.... and NFL :)
    Demonic Ascent
    Demonic Ascent
    Ok cool I'll check with my brother that he's still got the ticket and get back to you later on - he was gonna ask around at a BBQ yesterday if any of his mates wanted it
    camsmith
    camsmith
    Hey, ok second thoughts I might watch it at home. Spent way too much yesterday! Sorry mate!
    Demonic Ascent
    Demonic Ascent
    No worries my brother actually got rid of the ticket to one of his mates yesterday anyway
    Dopethrone, Nice!! Did you see EW play when they toured?
    Demonic Ascent
    Demonic Ascent
    Yeah saw EW 3 times, 2 Melb 1 Geel was awesome. Did you go? I love the 70s psychedelic edge to their music completely different to 60s style psychedelia (which I love also) 70s style is way more paranoid & claustrophobic & a real sense of doom.

Trying to find the next "wizard" style band since I first heard them but have struggled do you know of any other bands that I should give a listen to?
    themarkedman72
    themarkedman72
    I saw EW both times at the green room. Where both incredible shows. EW have a 70's thing crossed with a real heavy sludge sound. I listen to alot of doom bands but none are quite like EW. I like Orchid, witchcraft, st vitus, Graveyard, and Uncle Acid and the deadbeats. Check out the Rise above records page or church within records...you should definitely listen to "Reverend Bizarre" as well.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back