Phill Read

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, depends. I love his rough style, he'd go nicely with Pickett (still cant believe we got him). I'd like to see him play at least 1/2 the season.

Philthy was unlucky this year, didnt have a start till Round 10? and then had a great game, 20 odd posessions and then did his hammy late in the last again.

Wont be in Danihers best 22 but is a great back-up to have and is a better tagging option than a Godfrey.

Marns said:
Hmm, depends. I love his rough style, he'd go nicely with Pickett (still cant believe we got him). I'd like to see him play at least 1/2 the season.

Pickett won’t be in your side long, out for the season after round one because he flicked his opponent.

JeNnO_powerfreak_21 said:
Pickett won’t be in your side long, out for the season after round one because he flicked his opponent.
He'll probably get 12 weeks for breathing on his opponent.

JeNnO_powerfreak_21 said:
You're a closet lover of pickett. Just admit that it hurts to see him go.

Marns said:
You're a closet lover of pickett. Just admit that it hurts to see him go.

Who isn't? Of coarse it hurts to see him go, but after last season (2005) it doesn't bother me as much. ;)

i think read will be fine next year, hes a good footballer, underated as far as im concerned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an outsiders perspective I quite enjoy watching Phil Read play. He's the sort of angry ant that every team could do with now and then.
But with Pickett there it could go either way. Sometimes two similar players will work well together in tandem. But sometimes they stifle each other and it just doesn't work. We had that problem with Scott Welsh and Peter Vardy. It was tough to see Vards go, but I do like Melbourne so I could live with that one. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back