Roughie

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2005
Above The Clouds Where The Sounds Are Original
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Agreed, Would love to see Hill get a shot. I cannot see too many changes barring injury. The team was solid tonight with out being overly impressive. A lot of missed opportunities and we cannot afford that agains Fremantle regardless if we played in W.A or Vic.

Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
Good win, a decent percentage booster, pack up the 4 points and run.

Kicking for goal shite, but good to see we are still getting plenty of shots.

Hodge and Gibbo in for Ossie (injured) and, well, not sure. Maybe Gilham, as he's just coming back form his knee, or Schoey to give him a spell, though he's playng well so continuity might be better.

Some good signs anyway.

NICE1

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would like to see hill get a run also, i think his the sort of player who is really going to find his feet after some time at afl level...dont know if vfl will allow him to hit his straps. tonight wouldve been a good game to bring him in.

Hawks1994

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Gibbo back in
Ozzie out (ankle I think)

Maybe Hodge to vfl for a run

I agree also that hill should play. And against his older brother...

Phil McCreviss

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 29, 2007
Manhattan, New York
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yankees, Giants
David Parkin made the observation at half time on the ABC that "Lewis better leave it all out there tonight because he'll have 2-3 weeks off... considering is bad record after what I saw on replay".

Anyone know what that was for? Channel 7 briefly showed a replay off the ball at half back in the 2nd qtr but it was pretty hard to make anything out then another poster on the MB has mentioned a head butt on Clarke that looked pretty lame.

Parkin seemed definite?

Parkin is pre dementia. Nothing in it

Sep 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
The old fella is turning soft

Turned soft the minute he left for the Blues.

I think our forward line moving forward needs to consist of 3 genuine talls (any combo of Franklin, Roughy, Hale, Gunstan, Shoey) and 3 genuine quick smalls (Cyril, Poppy, Savage, Wanganeen)

We don't get anywhere near enough from mid sized average speed forwards like Bruest, Ossie and the like. It's not all their fault it just that our gameplan makes it almost impossible for them to make any serious impact because the ball comes in too slowly most times, and always gets directed tothe big guys irrespective.

I think we should seriously look at adding Wanganeen as a small forward soon enough. Having 3 quick small forwards can be just as much a headache for the opposition as the talls.

At the minute we are a bit too predicatble in the front half.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Turned soft the minute he left for the Blues.

I think our forward line moving forward needs to consist of 3 genuine talls (any combo of Franklin, Roughy, Hale, Gunstan, Shoey) and 3 genuine quick smalls (Cyril, Poppy, Savage, Wanganeen)

We don't get anywhere near enough from mid sized average speed forwards like Bruest, Ossie and the like. It's not all their fault it just that our gameplan makes it almost impossible for them to make any serious impact because the ball comes in too slowly most times, and always gets directed tothe big guys irrespective.

I think we should seriously look at adding Wanganeen as a small forward soon enough. Having 3 quick small forwards can be just as much a headache for the opposition as the talls.

At the minute we are a bit too predicatble in the front half.

Pretty sure Breust had the most goal assists at Hawthorn. He is more than pulling his weight especially with the pressure he puts on. Can't believe he is even being questioned and then someone like Wanganeen is being called as a replacement... Seriously

Yeah, maybe a bit harsh (considering he was our highest DT points scorer) but he pisses me off no end.

Some of his kicks are far too cute, and either lead to turnovers or put his teamate under extreme pressure.

His shot at goal in the last was the wrong option and he should have centred it. He had no chance from where he was.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, maybe a bit harsh (considering he was our highest DT points scorer) but he pisses me off no end.

Some of his kicks are far too cute, and either lead to turnovers or put his teamate under extreme pressure.

His shot at goal in the last was the wrong option and he should have centred it. He had no chance from where he was.

I completely agree. When he has the ball I am expecting either a pin point pass or a complete shank. Plus his defensive side of the game is not the greatest and a lot of his disposals in all games this year have been junk time chips

I would rest Hodge and make sure he is 100% before selecting him, we need him fit. So another weeks rest could be on the cards. Can't see more then two changes, but i think we will make one forced change, i thought Young did more then enough and deserves another crack vs the Dockers.

Team changes

IN: Gibson
OUT: Osborne (Injured)

B: Guerra Gilham Gibson
HB: Birchall Schoenmakers Suckling
C: Smith Mitchell Shiels
HF: Whitecross Franklin Breust
F: Puopolo Roughead Rioli
R: Hale Lewis Sewell

INT: Savage Stratton Young Burgoyne (Sub)

EMG: Cheney Hill McCauley

Apr 29, 2007
Clyde North
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
boxing, cricket
That head but that Lewis suppose to have done was nothing hardly even touched Clarke and the reason he reacted was because Clarke was roughing him while having a strangle hold on him on the ground.
I haven't heard Parkin say one good thing about Hawthorn ever since he got the ass from Swchab in those bad days as his right side man...

I haven't heard Parkin say one good thing about Hawthorn ever since he got the ass from Swchab in those bad days as his right side man...

Unfortunately, have had to listen to ABC game calls more than I get to watch. As much as Parkin makes the knee jerk calls (last week it was that Buddy had done his Hammy and was gawwwwn!), Ive always enjoyed him and Schwabby calling together. Have often wondered why there aren't more complaints against their obvious bias in favour of us.

gohawkz1

All Australian
Jun 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reading The Age article this morning, suggesting that Lewis could be in trouble for a punch to the stomach of Ricky Petterd in the 1st qtr. Apparently, "the short jab left Pettered doubled over briefly..."

Roughies Boys

Cancelled
Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IN:
Gibson
Hill - If Hodge don't come up.

OUT:
Osborne - ACL
Suckling
Young - Depends if he gets up next week. I'm really happy with him how he played last night.

Tom Schneider's Chance is Coming!

FB: Josh Gibson, Stephen Gilham, Brent Guerra

HB: Grant Birchall, Ryan Schoenmakers, Luke Hodge*

C: Isaac Smith, Sam Mitchell, Clinton Young*

HF: Shaun Burgoyne, Lance Franklin, Shane Savage

FF: Paul Puopolo, Jarryd Roughead, Cyril Rioli

FOLL: David Hale, Brad Sewell, Jordan Lewis

INTER: Brendan Whitecross, Ben Stratton, Liam Shiels, Brad Hill*

SUB: Luke Breust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back