Society & Culture “Racial Profiling”

Remove this Banner Ad

This should read:

The problem with stereotypes is there almost always of a negative aspect, except in the case of white people where the steretypes are usually favourable traits.

Once upon a time that might have been true, but the paradigm has shifted and 'white privilege' generally carries negative connotations. It's used to describe how little someone knows about the real world. And again, it can have an element of truth to it.

Once upon a time that might have been true, but the paradigm has shifted and 'white privilege' generally carries negative connotations. It's used to describe how little someone knows about the real world. And again, it can have an element of truth to it.
But 'white privilege' is hardly hurtful, it's a lazy stereotype but not even in the same realm as "bad Asian driver", "lazy Mexican", "black criminal" etc etc.

I
But 'white privilege' is hardly hurtful, it's a lazy stereotype but not even in the same realm as "bad Asian driver", "lazy Mexican", "black criminal" etc etc.
It completely diminishes ones achievements. 'You didn't earn that, just white privilege' or 'your opinion doesn't matter due to white privilege'. It's as idiotic, or true as any other

I'm not going to contribute anything myself but read this article the other day by a black guy who grew up with mostly white friends and found it quite thought provoking... Take from it what you will. (And for the contrarians who conveniently only seem to play contrarian when white males are being questioned I'm well aware this could be written by anyone pretending to be the token black friend)

I

It completely diminishes ones achievements. 'You didn't earn that, just white privilege' or 'your opinion doesn't matter due to white privilege'. It's as idiotic, or true as any other
What about quotas brought into business where they target certain demographics, ethnicity and gender in order to "level" the playing field. I've heard of white people using this as the reason they can't be employed.

We all carry our biases, myself included, but if someone told me I got where I am because of my race I'd quite happily lay out the roadmap I have taken and ask them where in the line did I get a free hit.

We all carry our biases, myself included, but if someone told me I got where I am because of my race I'd quite happily lay out the roadmap I have taken and ask them where in the line did I get a free hit.
So couldn't any other stereotype do the same? To use yours of asian drivers, could they not retort with 'I've never been in, or caused an accident'...

Ihjt t
Your ‘questions’ are nothing but an attempt to derail the thread from the topic, your insistence that this is an argument has moved from interesting to puzzling and your infantile little dig is embarrassing. :$

You know I'm right little brother.. Your thread was getting no responses. Your accusation of thread hijacking unfounded and very easily proven ina court of law. You wouldn't be clutching at straws to hold on to your ill-informed views, if I wasn't dead right.

It.meams everything who he shot at first, when he the sole white guy, got attacked by a mob of not white guys, blaming him for the cops

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The legend himself shows up. One look from this man folks, can make a damsel orgasm and a dickhead piss himself. A Living god, half Man, half beast.

What do you think of the theory says covid 2 is targeted at White genes. Far more white people have died from the virus. The virus is man made. So Logically, it's something other than white supremist rule.

Its was whites who developed sterilising vaccines in South Africa, for blacks and this technology used very recent in Alice springs, without telling the victims. Slipping it in a flu shot. Has the game whites invented been turned around on them?

Wow. What a hypocritical little punk.

So how do we profile Bieber, racially, unintelligently or sexually?
Dude, please...

You said I was thread hijacking. You were having a bad day. You are having a bad day. There would be no thread if it wasn't for me. Nobody was answering, it was slipping down the page. Slipping deeper into obscurity and each drop a blow to you ego. There was nothing to be hijacked, zip, zilch, not a penny absolutely phuq all.

Son, Considering how wrong you were and are, what else could you be wrong about ? Before you answer, remember you've been wrong before

Dude, please...

You said I was thread hijacking. You were having a bad day. You are having a bad day. There would be no thread if it wasn't for me. Nobody was answering, it was slipping down the page. Slipping deeper into obscurity and each drop a blow to you ego. There was nothing to be hijacked, zip, zilch, not a penny absolutely phuq all.

Son, Considering how wrong you were and are, what else could you be wrong about ? Before you answer, remember you've been wrong before
Wow, taking this personally much? 😆

Tell me how it applies to the examples in the op. 🤔
Ok, lets do it. Firstly you're implying that it has never really existed and it's just because of a new generation of "woke" people. Has always existed and is probably at its lowest point in history but due to modern media you're actually seeing it first hand.

Example 1: That lady is bat s**t crazy. Racism is to crazy like butter is to toast. We can only assume what she thought but to me it looked like a nice neighbourhood and this lady said "she knew who lived there" so you could take that to mean she has only seen "whites" come and go from that apartment block so he could not possibly live there. Now it could also be that she is just a campaigner or she doesn't believe a black man could live in that neighbourhood. Only she would (maybe) know.

Ok, lets do it. Firstly you're implying that it has never really existed and it's just because of a new generation of "woke" people. Has always existed and is probably at its lowest point in history but due to modern media you're actually seeing it first hand.

Example 1: That lady is bat s**t crazy. Racism is to crazy like butter is to toast. We can only assume what she thought but to me it looked like a nice neighbourhood and this lady said "she knew who lived there" so you could take that to mean she has only seen "whites" come and go from that apartment block so he could not possibly live there. Now it could also be that she is just a campaigner or she doesn't believe a black man could live in that neighbourhood. Only she would (maybe) know.
Quite a stretch because there was not a single hint of racism in that video at all. In fact she could not have been more polite, agreed with his message, called him Sir and even said she did not want to call the police whereas he immediately began acting suspiciously and started intensifying the situation by calling for police involvement.

We need not just more concerned citizens like her but more polite & courteous people in general.

Labeling her as “Bat s**t Crazy” from a few seconds of video is pure ignorance.

It is obvious she only said she knew the owner in an attempt to scare off a man she assumed was committing a crime.

Quite a stretch because there was not a single hint of racism in that video at all. In fact she could not have been more polite, agreed with his message, called him Sir and even said she did not want to call the police whereas he immediately began acting suspiciously and started intensifying the situation by calling for police involvement.

We need not just more concerned citizens like her but more polite & courteous people in general.

It is obvious she only said she knew the owner in an attempt to scare off a man she assumed was committing a crime.
So "from a few seconds of video" you can tell she's not crazy but can also tell that it's not racial profiling.

Cool.

I listened to what you're trying to say here.. You mention bat s**t cRazy, you are bat s**t crazy for accusing me of thread hijacking. Obviously you know what you're talking about. And yes you're right, the world needs more understanding kindness and compassion. That's why I asked those questions, you failed to answer. And yes, seeking understanding, being kind and compassionate, appears bat s**t crazy to most

I listened to what you're trying to say here.. You mention bat sh*t cRazy, you are bat sh*t crazy for accusing me of thread hijacking. Obviously you know what you're talking about. And yes you're right, the world needs more understanding kindness and compassion. That's why I asked those questions, you failed to answer. And yes, seeking understanding, being kind and compassionate, appears bat sh*t crazy to most
0FFFE317-F216-4AFE-B91E-A0D84B4E51E8.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back