General Bombers Talk “Show the boys how it’s done” - Will the girls win a final before the boys break their drought?

Which team will get Essendon their next finals win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely believe the girls will win a final before the mens. Firstly they could do it this year - we'll see. I love Maddie's confidence and attitude towards finals. You know she'll embrace the challenge.
Secondly who bloody knows when the mens team will win a final. We've already been waiting forever. The whole thing has been built up to be almost as elusive as winning a flag - even though it isn't even that hard to win a single final. We have just been mired in incompetence as a club for 2 decades. Plus I'm yet to see our Mens team ever rise in performance whenever expectations go up. We normally just fold at that point. There's a fair bit of re-writing to come before we can truly have faith in the Mens team.

Everything I've read is "blah days since Essendon won a final". If the women win one that resets to zero, they can't change the narrative after all this time to mens team. One club and all that!

But on current form I'd say the women certainly win a final before the men.

Everything I've read is "blah days since Essendon won a final". If the women win one that resets to zero, they can't change the narrative after all this time to mens team. One club and all that!

But on current form I'd say the women certainly win a final before the men.
If it were truly a one club thing then it would be under 100 days as the VFLW side won at least one final this year.

If it were truly a one club thing then it would be under 100 days as the VFLW side won at least one final this year.
Done!

My Work Is Done Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The girls were in a good position to win a home final then they don't even get a home final...maybe not even a final. Could even get smashed in the first final interstate. The boys would be proud.
Still a decent effort second year in no matter what happens.

Currently St Kilda need 4 unanswered goals to sneak past us on like a hundredth of a percentage point
It's possible. Come on Blues, lift!

Back