AFLW Toast R4: 20 point win to sink the Anchors

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only got to watch about 2/3 of the 3rd quarter but that was when we started kicking away. Some really solid footy was being played.

My girl Gee had a couple of deft touches in that time including a checkside off half back to the wing while breaking from congestion which landed in the lap of her team mate. Stats wise looks a solid game without being outstanding.

Last edited:
I thought we got much better contributions from Wales and Scott than we have in previous weeks. Both are young and are going to be inconsistent but I liked what I saw from both today.

Toogood has been on a tear. Pulling in huge numbers of disposals for the position she's playing.

Really like what i've seen from Brown - great acquisition. Her kicking stands out in terms of penetration and accuracy from much of our side and she's been pretty solid in defense.

From what I've seen so far it looks like the 6 teams above us are comfortably the best 6 teams (not sure Geelong and Gold Coast are actually on the same level as the top 4 but they do seem better than us) and then we are part of a group from 7-11 that are in the race for those last 2 spots in the 8.

Being a 10 game season and starting 3-1 has us in a good position. I'll be curious to see how we fare against Geelong in a few weeks time.

Really loved the coaching performance here. In the first 10 minutes it felt like "Freo by how much", but some quick magnet-moves really helped impose our structure and defensively we looked the better organized behind the ball, really for the rest of the game.

Especially love the impact Nanscawen and Scott had when rotated into the middle. G just makes good decisions on where to put her body and where to deliver the ball, and Paige was a wrecking ball at the clearance a few times that really mucked up the Freo screens and structure around the bounce. Toogood continued her B&F form and was stoked to see some cool-headed composure from Brooke Walker (2023 "my girl":tm:) in defense when Freo were pressing (especially in the 1Q).

All in all a really mature win against a decent side.

I thought we got much better contributions from Wales and Scott than we have in previous weeks. Both are young and are going to be inconsistent but I liked what I saw from both today.

Toogood has been on a tear. Pulling in huge numbers of disposals for the position she's playing.

Really like what i've seen from Brown - great acquisition. Her kicking stands out in terms of penetration and accuracy from much of our side and she's been pretty solid in defense.

From what I've seen so far it looks like the 6 teams above us are comfortably the best 6 teams (not sure Geelong and Gold Coast are actually on the same level as the top 4 but they do seem better than us) and then we are part of a group from 7-11 that are in the race for those last 2 spots in the 8.

Being a 10 game season and starting 3-1 has us in a good position. I'll be curious to see how we fare against Geelong in a few weeks time.
Missed the game, scanned this and saw my girl's name and nearly had a fit because I thought she'd torn something! Then I realised she's just on another level, like, tell me something I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back