AFLW Toast R1: 19 point win over the Dawkes to kick off the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Team for Round 1 against the Dawks in Frankghanifstan.

B:17. G. Clarke36. Brown
HB:9. Walker14. Gamble26. Van Loon
C:2. Gee4. Prespakis27. Van De Heuvel
HF:33. A. Clarke24. Alexander3. Bannister
F:8. Toogood21. Wuetschner
Foll:30. Wales20. Cain32. Scott
Int:28. Busch7. Jacques5. Nanscawen
10. Vogt22. Radford
Emg:18. Cutting6. Marshall11. Barba

Strong win in the end. Hawks really applied a lot of pressure for a lot of the night.
Great to see Nanscawen play well in her return game.

I was out so I only saw the last quarter…hoping I can catch up on 7+ like we could last year.
What I did see was awesome!! Love how hard they go at it, Boonie Toogood was doing some great work down back, Nanscawen will become a fan favourite very quickly (I grew up loving TD and Hirdy so it is good to see a jet in the #5 again).
So glad we have an AFLW side.

Great game by a team of passionate players who give their all and love being out there to represent the red and black. Very inspiring. They play an engaging hard slog game and a constant high work rate by all that any can see and feel the real energy brought into the game. They have set the standard expected for this club.

That team were harder at it and more desperate for the contest than the men's team.
Hawks where pretty decent too . 100 plus tackles :astonished:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say that I really like the way the team goes about it. Love Scott (32) and DB(3) in particular. Tough as nails. Maddy is of course great and Toogood is well, yes you know. And I particularly enjoy that Van de Heuval (27) plays just like Redman. It feels wrong to call her Red Dog or Van Dog though so will have to stick with Vander. They should have given her 18.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back