AFL Toast RND 1: Bombers 1 Dawkes 0

Remove this Banner Ad

Marto needs to focus on hitting a target before going the hail Mary pass every time, jury still out on the experiment as his inability to tackle or defend will be exposed pretty quickly, we might actually turn him into last year Massimo
Cox back
Martin wing
Duursma HF
Perkins mid

too simple for us i guess

He had only 1 tackle last year. He had 12 tackles today. We knew he could kick goals, but I had doubts about his ability to impact games in the middle so I think this is his proper breakout game as a mid.
I hope so. It will be a three hour drive into Sydney for me next weekend and Heeney has found a bit of spark in the middle.

Together Lots. There were a few times where it was Perkins, duz and setters. Big bodied midfield anyone?
So refreshing to see that with McKay as well. Sad my boy Reid went down. I don’t think Zerret was in top gear either and Parish was not there.

Before the game most people where saying that was a Hawthorn advantage.

Sorry perko for always whipping you've shut me up a bit today

Such s**t Mitchell, love seeing your tears

McKay worth every cent, fantastic

Reasonable win at the end there
Well done boys!
Good lesson to maybe not write young players off ✌️

I think we're in for a pretty up and down season.
Reckon there'll be games in which we play a fair bit better than that.
But there'll be some big losses if we remain so easy to move the ball and transition against.
Hawthorn looked really poor today but managed to keep it close because of some pretty significant lapses.
McKay, Perkins, Stringer all huge. Cox was solid (Nik good too). Merrett quietly influential.
McGrath looks like maybe he's slimmed down a bit? Seems like he's got a bit of extra dash back.
Overall good to get the W. Suck it Dawks, pretty sure this time last year a lot of them were saying they'd have gone past us by now.

I agree with what Ant555 said earlier in the year somewhere that someone like a Lee Casboult would have been a good player for us with his ability to pack mark in the forward line. This hurts us more than any backline deficiencies that we have. It was plain to see in the first half.

I agree with what Ant555 said earlier in the year somewhere that someone like a Lee Casboult would have been a good player for us with his ability to pack mark in the forward line. This hurts us more than any backline deficiencies that we have. It was plain to see in the first half.
Was very frustrating how long it took us to take advantage of their depleted backline. 2MP and jones just get pushed around too easily. Stringer was great and luckily langers fought back after being quiet early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the win. Little bit lucky with the wasted opportunities by the Hawks.
Looks like another season of Redman getting unnecessary free kicks away.

Was very frustrating how long it took us to take advantage of their depleted backline. 2MP and jones just get pushed around too easily. Stringer was great and luckily langers fought back after being quiet early.
Im hoping Caddy be that man. I’m not saying we should rush him in but if he can get be that guy it will make a world of difference to our team structure.

Lots of rust .
Still some next level dumb s**t . Continually leaving players free on the fat side of the ground .
Four or 5 blokes running in to tackle one man .

Clumsy head high tackles .

But a win is a win .
The important future players

Read ☹️

Cox some good but does not have a body for anything physical.

Perkins. A+

Jones . Does the basics right but can not mark.

Tsatas good.

Next week will be like a lion taking on a two legged gazelle.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back