AFL Toast RND 1: Bombers smoke the Hawkes

Remove this Banner Ad

Had the early misfortune of standing behind the Whoreforne mob and the only thing more pathetic than the rabble they fielded and the c*nt of a coach they engaged to manage it, are the supporters wearing that miserable brown and urine.
Yes we were entitled to hang it on that mob at the first opportunity but self respect prevailed and a simple ‘good bye’ to the throngs that left early was satisfaction enough.

Very pleasing yesterday.

It was almost the reverse of what we've been witnessing all too often for a long time. Usually we'd get a couple of goals down, put on a spurt and have us all thinking "yay, we good", then get buried in the 2nd half.

Yes it was only Hawthorn but hey, we've popped the smug out of their egos and it's only round 1!

We'll get a better view of where we're at next week. From my limited viewing yesterday Ross has St Kilda playing defence first as the team mantra, something we didn't encounter yesterday.

not great in the first qtr but glad the boys rallied after the first break. Essendon last year would have let oppo stay within touch so that is positive.

Had the early misfortune of standing behind the Whoreforne mob and the only thing more pathetic than the rabble they fielded and the c*nt of a coach they engaged to manage it, are the supporters wearing that miserable brown and urine.
Yes we were entitled to hang it on that mob at the first opportunity but self respect prevailed and a simple ‘good bye’ to the throngs that left early was satisfaction enough.
I remember years ago when Riemers was playing and a mob of young Hawks supporters behind me incessantly calling him a NTTAWWTter cos of his yellow boots. I reminded them that their club hero Brereton was one of the first to do the same, he was the trailblazer!

It is nice to have a pair of small forwards pretty much starting their career together.

Even at this early stage, they make a difference offensively and defensively.

I thought Jye Menzie set up a lot with quick handballs that didn't get a lot of fanfare.

It is nice to have a pair of small forwards pretty much starting their career together.

I thought Jye Menzie set up a lot with quick handballs that didn't get a lot of fanfare.

Not just quick handballs.
Quick handballs that actually went to the target, instead of at their feet, or behind them killing an opportunity.
In fact the basic skill level was very nice to see overall. Now low pressure but it still was the first game and no pressure would still result in abhorrent skills in the past.

Some 'smart' decisions made too which was good to see.

Obviously score was nice but those little things were what I was more pleased to see and would hope to see them going forward.

Massive difference.

Scott said at the presser Guelfi single handedly had to try and do the pressure role last year. He has some help this year.

The way Scott spoke, you could tell he loves the way Guelf goes about it.

Menzie was good 2 goals plus involved, good pressure.
even better was all our forwards hit the goals too
perkins, Menzie, walla, Davey, Weideman, Jones

Redman kicked a couple but Ridley getting 1 his first ever was a bit of a surprise.
And nice to get 2 from Draper, which made up for Phillips playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoooo boy, based on what I saw yesterday, it’s gonna be a looooong season for Hawthorn.

We're typically really poor at transitioning from D50 to F50 and they let us do so at somewhere between double and triple the league average yesterday and their pressure recording was the worst since 2021.

They were indescribably bad yesterday barring about an 8 minute period where we looked like we forgot how long a regular season game went for.

Hoooo boy, based on what I saw yesterday, it’s gonna be a looooong season for Hawthorn.
Could they go winless?

Or could they pull the annual one out of their arse against Geelong on Easter Monday?

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

That was the most enjoyable game I have attended in a very long time time. Gotta say it was a great thing to be a part of something truly joyful and very special yesterday with Walla. After a dismal time on field last year and then the exasperation and shame of the boardroom malarkey and just the last 10 years, it was bloody fabulous to feel inspired and proud!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back