AFL Toast RND 1: Bombers smoke the Hawkes

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win. Happy to see backline combine well but tougher tests ahead. Not so sure about Langford playing back. Did ok today but think he will get found out. Setterfield was good and had most tackles for us. Overall, need to tackle more, but part of low tackle count was nature of a game between 2 average sides. Awesome to see goals by Alwyn and Walla.

Draper is a concern. Only 8 touches and 11 hit outs. Not enough. Helped with 2 goals and missed out on a third due to advantage rule.

Happy with Jones performance. Could have had a couple more goals too. Really need him and Weids to stand up without 2MP and today was good.
did Jones get a knock? or just came out for balance (keep 2 rucks in and introduce Tippa)

did Jones get a knock? or just came out for balance (keep 2 rucks in and introduce Tippa)
I didnt see a knock, but maybe

More so thought hes done limited work and it wouldve been between Phillips and HJ and we were up by so much. More management than anything i assume

I think it was more about balance. Take a tall off later in the game to use speed for more space in the forward line. And Jones probably the most under-done. I thought they would take off one of the rucks (ie Phillips) but Hawks had two proper rucks.

Swans are going to vomit down their throats next week.
dance dancing GIF

I didnt see a knock, but maybe

More so thought hes done limited work and it wouldve been between Phillips and HJ and we were up by so much. More management than anything i assume
Scott said in presser that he's fine (just managing time on field).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great for the boys to have a win to start. However, a lot in that game tells me it will be a long year! Hawthorn is clearly the spoon merchant this year, and while the open play was fun to watch you could see that both sides were full of light bodies that won't stand up against the better sides.

I really hope Cox and Reid are fit soon and we pump lots of games into the kids, including them this year. That, plus the extra pre-season and Stringer + Wright added to the list next year could be a good year.

Fingers crossed we get the player management right this year with rotations giving players time to play bigger roles in VFL and every week we roll out 22 fit players who can bring that 4 quarter effort. Pump all the crap sides and give good sides a 4 quarter challenge.

we average, we know that.

let's worry about that tomorrow.

today...an average side spanked another average side that apparently has the vast majority of the their next premiership team already at hand and we did it without the likes of reid, cox. hobbs. tsatas, j.davey & anthony 'munny' munkara.

tonight we celebrate.

kala-chashma-wedding-dance_50.gif

P.S. See you in the melts thread next week. 🤪

Was a nice way to wash away the memories of Rd 1 last year on the same ground.

Great to have some presence & pressure i50 for once & our overall full ground d looked somewhat organised.

Still hard to assess overall performance given how bad Hawthorn are, but all the same bloody marvellous to piss all over them & Mitchell.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back