Past Andrew Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

200 games is a special milestone that very few league players achieve. Well done Walks, can't help but think chronic injuries robbed of us of his prime, but still being a terrific club stalwart.

Hoping he plays a blinder against the Pies. Hopefully we can get the chocolates for a great clubman :)

Surprised i havent seen this posted.
Was there that night and still cant believe that 'thing' in the crowd hasnt had a thread in the conspiracies/paranormal board.
But this mark is almost as iconic as Jezza's mark now, against * as well.
View attachment 261159
second best mark of the year

tumblr_inline_moxik3WPrc1qz4rgp.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like walks to play on next year. He hasn't had a good run at it so far this year, but his starting to get some continuity going now and looks like he can still play a important role in the side.
He may be 30yo but still moves well and doesn't seem to have lost much of his pace.
Think Bolton values him highly too.
No, please no. He's had a good run and leaving end of this year would be best for him.

No, please no. He's had a good run and leaving end of this year would be best for him.
Yeah he's kind of at that tipping point. While he might still have a little bit to offer, I would hate to see him ruin his quality of life post footy by grinding those knees more and would hate to see him go down with another injury and end it on the sidelines.

It's been a bit sad watching him this year. Just doesn't really have it anymore.
Hasn't had it for years now. His best is exhilarating and he fills a huge gap in our side as a forward and at half back a few years ago but for whatever reason he's lost his kicking ability, his leap, speed...

That mark and that same year where he kicked all those goals will be how I remember him. Oh, and Glass pulled him in that contest, clear free!

Hasn't had it for years now. His best is exhilarating and he fills a huge gap in our side as a forward and at half back a few years ago but for whatever reason he's lost his kicking ability, his leap, speed...

That mark and that same year where he kicked all those goals will be how I remember him. Oh, and Glass pulled him in that contest, clear free!
Yeah agreed. He's nowhere near that 2011 form. As you get older you can normally afford to lose one or two of your traits but he's lost several. Just looks lost out there now.

Still, he's been great for us over a number of years and I really hope he finds some good form for him to disappear into the sunset with.

I remember his first game. I remember several commentators saying it was the best debut they'd ever seen. I started running around like an excited school boy to anyone who would listen, "did you see this kid, Walker? Did you see him? How good is this kid? He'll win a Brownlow this kid, did you see him? Best debut ever they're saying! Did you see him?..."
He might be coming to end of his career, but it's been a career that he can be very proud of, and one that has brought supporters many many thrills and much joy.
Congratulations Andrew Walker, 200 games as a loved and champion player of the Carlton football club.

If he can stay injury free for the rest of the year, by the end of the year he will be playing some decent footy
I'd like to revisit your views then.
Just think if we can get another 1/2 a season out of him next year, we could ease Jack or Charlie into the seniors and it may be better for there development.
Then by the start of the 2018 season, they are ready to take his spot in the forward line
I also like the idea of him being around to provide some on field leadership in the forward line, his good training habits and to help develope our young talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back