Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

a different world i rest my case GIF

Best game of his career.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
vs. Richmond in 2021 (the game where we blasted them off the park but then got blasted back) he had 18 disposals, 4 marks, 5 tackles and a goal. Best game of his I can remember.

vs. Richmond in 2021 (the game where we blasted them off the park but then got blasted back) he had 18 disposals, 4 marks, 5 tackles and a goal. Best game of his I can remember.
I can’t even remember what happened an hour ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To return to his game, he looks stronger and fitter. He played smart footy when he had it as well and never got forced to kick outside of his abilities. Plenty to work with for Clarkson and maybe the type he likes.

Here's my question re Mahony:

Is he ever going to be an A Grade AFL footballer?

I agree, his game was "good" today, but will he ever be "great"??? I have no doubt his efforts are there. I have no doubt he is tidy with his hands & is a decent short kick. He can play football - no doubt. But surely there are guys with those attributes who have explosive speed, or are a foot taller and provide a marking option, or can kick over 50 metres etc.

We have a list choc-a-block of guys who are "good footballers" but "good footballers' aren't gonna take us where we want to be - competing in September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back