Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

If tao is to be believed, he was out there under duress. And copped his fair whack more than once.

He is a player. He will be with us for a long time

Yep him and Zurhaar both jabbed up and late ( Mahony) he seemed to cop another hit. Goes in hard that cannot be questioned. Whether he can maintain his spot in the side as we improve remains to be seen. Personally I want all of our players to be the best. we also are on the lookout for another small forward.

Noble does rate him though.

He's 19. When our other young players do incredible work and then stuff up, it's taken as a given that they'll just clean those things up as they inevitably become stars. For some reason, Jack's never afforded that same benefit of the doubt. Is it his hairline?

All young players make errors.

His seem to be more prevalent and under less pressure.

Tackles very well, tough, kicking has improved.

Will be interesting to see if he's in the side in 18-24 months.

Yep him and Zurhaar both jabbed up and late ( Mahony) he seemed to cop another hit. Goes in hard that cannot be questioned. Whether he can maintain his spot in the side as we improve remains to be seen. Personally I want all of our players to be the best. we also are on the lookout for another small forward.

Noble does rate him though.
I think that we will be in a good spot if big M is ever fighting for his spot. Suspect he does a lot more than we can see on the TV coverage we have been restricted to for the last two years.

Are we playing a final ? 😂

Nope so why jab a up a 19 year old kid to get through a few games at the end of the year?

All young players make errors.

His seem to be more prevalent and under less pressure.

Tackles very well, tough, kicking has improved.

Will be interesting to see if he's in the side in 18-24 months.

I think that's a fair assessment. My feeling is that he gets it right often enough that he should be able to fix it up long term as he becomes more experienced and consistent

When it's his turn to go, 100% does so every time, even under duress, a trait not always associated with teenaged players of light frame.

Maybe it's sentimental of me but we need players like this if we want to keep being North Melbourne.

I was referring to you saying last 3 games when there is two left. Tongue in cheek.

Oo yeah, clearly have lost track of the year :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His work ethic is amazing always going for the second effort, a true shinboner.

He always knows where his disposal is going to go before he gets the ball, he is a very smart player and his pressure work is consistently very good.

If you had 6 x Mahonys as your bottom 6 players, you would be in the window.

Does all the the hard stuff and plays his role every single week.

I'm very bullish on him.

Stepho is the anti Mahony. Talented and can really turn it on - if he feels like it.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you had 6 x Mahonys as your bottom 6 players, you would be in the window.

Does all the the hard stuff and plays his role every single week.

I'm very bullish on him.

Stepho is the anti Mahony. Talented and can really turn it on - if he feels like it.

Agree apart from the shot at Stephenson. He's been inconsistent but it's not for a lack of trying, did some decent pressure work today

Agree apart from the shot at Stephenson. He's been inconsistent but it's not for a lack of trying, did some decent pressure work today
I should of phrased that better. I don't mean Stepho doesn't try, I mean he doesn't try like Mahony. He is very consistent and maniacal in his effort.

When Stepho is on, he is red hot.
When Stepho is off, he is lacklustre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back