1 list spot open in the MSD, what position do we need to fill the most or do we pick best available or do we pick a mature aged player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to Cam Nyko

Jean-Luc Velissaris
Max Hall
Brayden Crossley :oops:

Crossley is too good for VFL but too fat to walk straight into AFL. He';d need 6 months of serious conditioning to get him ready for it. He was an outstanding project as a junior. It's a shame he had his misdemeanour, he probably never gets another chance but he deserves one.

Watched a couple more of Velisaris's games recently and he's a pretty ordinary kick. I think that's why he hasn't been drafted yet.

Crossley is too good for VFL but too fat to walk straight into AFL. He';d need 6 months of serious conditioning to get him ready for it. He was an outstanding project as a junior. It's a shame he had his misdemeanour, he probably never gets another chance but he deserves one.

Watched a couple more of Velisaris's games recently and he's a pretty ordinary kick. I think that's why he hasn't been drafted yet.
Thanks for that, I didn't know about Crossley's weight gain, maybe I needed to be more observant when viewing VFL.

His mother, Brooke would get a role in front office at the club

Velisaris's kicking may be an issue - but no hassle finding the ball

I've been thinking it would be Benier. No other reason for the club to get somone out of the VAFA to play exactly 3 VFL games (minimum required to be drafted) before the MSD and train with the AFL squad. Also allows the club to fulfil the Sandy obligation now.

I've been thinking it would be Benier. No other reason for the club to get somone out of the VAFA to play exactly 3 VFL games (minimum required to be drafted) before the MSD and train with the AFL squad. Also allows the club to fulfil the Sandy obligation now.
I think you’re on the money. No other real sandy prospect to get drafted that’s desirable at this stage.

My initial thoughts were Matthew Ling due to the Dalrymple influence, however he was drafted a year before Simon arrived at the Swans.

Having said that, he would've seen a lot of him in his time at Sydney. I wouldn't hate him.

Stronger argument could be made for Hall Kahan, personally I don't see a special trait with him that puts him higher than any of our other medium forwards.

Prefer a gun midfielder, tall defender or ruckman - not that they grow on trees.

If there was a Sandy player that they were interested in drafting (next week or the end of the year), then there wouldn't be a need to search in the VAFA. My train of thought at least
We've also committed to placing a Sandy player on our rookie list every year, would that affect what choice we make in this draft?

Sharman is one of the better recruits from the MSD. Heath will struggle to make it but he's still only 21 and is at least still on the list. I actually liked Mayo, surprised he never lasted long enough to unpack his bags
I'm still all in with Sharman.....he's IMO...the best kick in our team.

When he's on....his laser kicks are a delight.

I'm with you re Jack Mayo.....was a great guy.

From memory....did an ACL and was cut not long after.

Sharman is one of the better recruits from the MSD. Heath will struggle to make it but he's still only 21 and is at least still on the list. I actually liked Mayo, surprised he never lasted long enough to unpack his bags
Mayo was unlucky he did his ACL just as list sizes got cut due to covid. Never really got the chance to show what he could do and we had to cut more than usual.

He's having a good season in the WAFL so maybe he'll get another chance somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missing George?

Me too buddy
The place has just died in the arse since the tanks rolled into town. Happens all too often on boards when there is a coup by people who think their brand of lifestyle is what the people need. Happened on Saintsational and all that is left is a really small community of 80 year olds and zero diversity.

The place has just died in the arse since the tanks rolled into town. Happens all too often on boards when there is a coup by people who think their brand of lifestyle is what the people need. Happened on Saintsational and all that is left is a really small community of 80 year olds and zero diversity.
i dunno, there is a Vortex person on that pagewhob is hell bent on getting his message across

Can assure you, if I wanted an echo chamber, your posting privileges would be revoked just as an "we know, you dislike Sharman, STFU already" auto response.

So, as long as you can post things like this, it's a testament that we're doing a great job as a board.

I don't know about this. Should've tried harder at the start to get more quality players (which I know might be hard). Might make it harder to attract players in the future if they do this.

Reckon the team's lack of performance has more to do with the drop off in posting rather than a poster preferring to choose to leave ahead of being asked to cut down on behaving like a d***.

got a sharp axe pebbles
whats up?
Nah not really - just correcting Cairnsman's understanding of the situation.

No coup, no tanks, no boomers taking over - just posters choosing to leave.

Nothing startling - happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back