1 list spot open in the MSD, what position do we need to fill the most or do we pick best available or do we pick a mature aged player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossley is too good for VFL but too fat to walk straight into AFL. He';d need 6 months of serious conditioning to get him ready for it. He was an outstanding project as a junior. It's a shame he had his misdemeanour, he probably never gets another chance but he deserves one.

Watched a couple more of Velisaris's games recently and he's a pretty ordinary kick. I think that's why he hasn't been drafted yet.
Clearly Goober is not interested. He'd have been picked up again if he'd stayed fit.

The place has just died in the arse since the tanks rolled into town. Happens all too often on boards when there is a coup by people who think their brand of lifestyle is what the people need. Happened on Saintsational and all that is left is a really small community of 80 year olds and zero diversity.
Hasn't died in the arse at all. Christ, the way some posters are carrying on is a bit precious. A bloke was de-modded, cracked the sads, took his gang and split, now all of a sudden everyone's stopped prattling on about non-footy.

I'm with Scrappy, if we actually had something to celebrate with our team, it wouldn't be an issue I reckon.

We should consider former crow - James Rowe

Dominating SANFL again this season.

He'd be a good choice. Jackson Hately would be another, Will Snelling too.

Clearly Goober is not interested. He'd have been picked up again if he'd stayed fit.

Not many get a second chance. Having a violation adds an extra impediment. I reckon he's probably just a bit undisciplined more than not wanting it.

Having a violation means nothing if you can play good.

He's got a mark against him for a social problem. If someone took him on, I think he'd be able to be a very good pick up but it's along term investment and everyone wants instant impact. He hadn't had long enough to prove himself as a gun AFL player before he was sacked either.

Not many get a second chance. Having a violation adds an extra impediment. I reckon he's probably just a bit undisciplined more than not wanting it.

This is just wrong, sure they slide in picking, but you have people who spent jail time, people who made threats against others, general nuisance types of people that would be shunned by society running around in shorty shorts just because they were great at AFL footy and all that matters is skill and hiding that face.

If they're good enough, the league does not care, it can bury it.

You are probably right in that he's undisciplined, given up, no longer has that dream and so on so forth instead of people getting skittish about a violation.

Benier looks a freak athlete. Playing for Sandy he looked a very solid unit, had a serious vertical leap and runs like the wind. He's far from the finished product though, he ran under the ball a lot and misjudged it in flight. Disposal looked shakey as well.

I reckon Benier is a ruse. Maybe a chance for the Sandy player rookie spot at season’s end at best.

Our sights are elsewhere.

As others have mentioned, plucking a Newcombe like talent is what we desperately need.

Will be fascinating to see how Dalrymple’s first official move plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bloke was de-modded, cracked the sads, took his gang and split, now all of a sudden everyone's stopped prattling on about non-footy.
The bánh mì munchers say hi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just wrong, sure they slide in picking, but you have people who spent jail time, people who made threats against others, general nuisance types of people that would be shunned by society running around in shorty shorts just because they were great at AFL footy and all that matters is skill and hiding that face.

If they're good enough, the league does not care, it can bury it.

You are probably right in that he's undisciplined, given up, no longer has that dream and so on so forth instead of people getting skittish about a violation.

How many? It would be way less than 1%. Most guys that fall out of the AFL system don't get a second chance no matter how good they are at lower levels. Getting back in is a bit like winning a lottery.

How many? It would be way less than 1%. Most guys that fall out of the AFL system don't get a second chance no matter how good they are at lower levels. Getting back in is a bit like winning a lottery.

Just look at Taryn for a current example, 2nd, third, fourth chances all just because of talent, meanwhile...

It's not often that a club president goes "BTW people, this guy is beyond help, tell him to GTFO" and to get to that point, you need to break multiple things for a club to make that choice if you are deemed to have the skill to succeed in that sport.

I've been thinking it would be Benier. No other reason for the club to get somone out of the VAFA to play exactly 3 VFL games (minimum required to be drafted) before the MSD and train with the AFL squad. Also allows the club to fulfil the Sandy obligation now.
Hope not, am of course not an expert, but I didn't see any reason why people would want him

I want a tall athletic tap ruckman not a 3rd string mid.

The bloke in the Hawthorn jumper contesting the ball up is Ned Reeves 210 cm

View attachment 2002869
Will compliment our impending off season recruits LDU, McCluggage and Will Phillips.

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

The age are reporting we have also shown interest in Iliro Smit a 200cm mobile ruckman.

"They are also keeping an eye on Hawthorn’s Next Generation Academy big man Iliro Smit, who has interest from St Kilda as well."

Id be happy with either Hall (midfielder) or a ruckman, both are list list needs going forward.

The age are reporting we have also shown interest in Iliro Smit a 200cm mobile ruckman.

"They are also keeping an eye on Hawthorn’s Next Generation Academy big man Iliro Smit, who has interest from St Kilda as well."

Id be happy with either Hall (midfielder) or a ruckman, both are list list needs going forward.
The bloke must be pretty handy, even has his own website.... I am lost for words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back