Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

So, the story behind Mingma. One of his mates is Nepalese and it's his first name, so another one put it in the Wikipedia page and absolutely stitched him up, apparently it took a couple of months before his mum took it down from the page.

Absolute legend too

Upon investigation, I'm giving this a true. At 11:30 on the 11th of September 2018‎ (never forget), user "Wassup1010101" made the fateful edit. User "Abelmoschus Esculentus" immediately undid the edit (fun fact: their user page now reads "I would like to thank many of you who treated me well and for the memories. However, I am leaving. This site just wastes too much time for me. Goodbye and happy editing."). In an interaction, old mate Abel informed Wassup that "you didn't provide a reliable source. It's been removed and archived in the page history for now, but if you'd like to include a citation and re-add it, please do so!""

Wassup then re-edited the page, and added a poorly written reference: M T Sherpa Reliability 101 - Author of "how to switch the kick". The name and reference lived until 22:48 on the 27th of May 2019‎ when an ip address linked to Adelaide removed the name, however retained the Sherpa reference, suggesting that this was not the edit of a person who knows how to write wikipedia pages.

If Will's mother would like to rejoin the editing game, they're looking for a copyright free picture of him to add to the page. Perhaps one with Mingma in it as well

There's plenty to like about Mingma's defensive game, the hard running and tackling in particular.

One thing he could definitely improve is his offence, just doesn't seem threatening enough around goal or get himself into enough scoring positions.

Just looking at the stats, can't believe the return of 12 goals 7 behinds from 20 games this season...

If he could lift his output to a goal a game that would be a good start.

There's plenty to like about Mingma's defensive game, the hard running and tackling in particular.

One thing he could definitely improve is his offence, just doesn't seem threatening enough around goal or get himself into enough scoring positions.

Just looking at the stats, can't believe the return of 12 goals 7 behinds from 20 games this season...

If he could lift his output to a goal a game that would be a good start.

Part of the issue with his low goal output is he is the forward we push up to the contest so a lot of his work is in and around the middle of the ground. He is not actually playing a small forwards role.

I don’t know how you can say he’s overrated on here, when he gets ripped by big footy posters despite getting into the coaches votes.
He’s been a terrific pickup for the mid season draft, and is a very effective role player. And you need those to be a successful team, as you can’t hold 22 superstars in the salary cap.
Aging like a fine Hooker wine, this post.

congratulations Will.
great effort.
I am one though who still has doubts about him.
I understand he plays the high half forward role like Richmonds little blokes do but he is not dangerous enough around goals and lacks speed to create forward pressure. It is folly to say he was anywhere near the third best player for us this year.
the coaches obviously love him and he obviously plays the role that the coaches ask of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

congratulations Will.
great effort.
I am one though who still has doubts about him.
I understand he plays the high half forward role like Richmonds little blokes do but he is not dangerous enough around goals and lacks speed to create forward pressure. It is folly to say he was anywhere near the third best player for us this year.
the coaches obviously love him and he obviously plays the role that the coaches ask of him.

This, so much this..

"Coaches Pet" is more befitting than "Migma", perhaps?

Is it safe to say he has been the most succesful mid season recruit from that inaugural mid season draft?
Most successful, no. Best, yes.

Not better. More successful.
Yeah I'm happy to substitute the words and still be confident in my point.

To each their own though Eth.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back