Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Billy Brownless skill set:
  1. Impish grin when Geelong or any Abletts mentioned
  2. Yells "Footy's back!" at the start of each season
  3. Given he talks about ‘having a few frothies’ every five minutes it is surprising he hasn’t developed cirrhosis of the liver yet.
  4. Is approached about once a year by Channel 9 management when they have run out of ideas to take his clothes off in various locales to give a ‘ratings bump’.
  5. Likes to shout ‘here come the strippers’ when a mother and daughter are passing by one of his 'sportman’s nights' doing 1, 3 and 4 but not necessarily in that order.
  6. Is a record holder - that ‘Sooky Sooky La La Land’ has be the most cringeable ‘segment’ in the history of TV!

He left SEN because apparently he couldnt do the mornings with travel etc anymore. I believe that to be part of it, but firmly believe his poor interview skills (i.e. have you heard of afl footy? how many frothies did you have) was most influential

I'm finding it terrific , only missing Finey.

Aren’t you finding Whateleys voice quite monotonous and uninspiring. I really do keep trying to listen but I just keep finding myself tuning out.

Was it the loss of Hamish? It’s mid February, most boring time for sport.

But suppose can understand in some ways. McClure was a big mistake. Finey more interesting than Heverin, Turf is ok in small doses as a guest, but permanent he makes KB even worse than he already is.
Interesting points.

McClure just comes across as an awful up himself type. Can’t see how that works.

Fine, I think is the biggest mistake. Young Jack has no presence. Just sounds like a mega boring show with no semblance of direction. Fine built up a good show. Oh well, it’s like SEN turns to night shift at 7pm instead of midnight.

Dr T just seems bored. I think KB would have been better at 12pm. And Turf with him two days a week.
KB also just has this weird sense of humour.

I’m turning off more now. Pity.

Yes, it's ironic that that expensive, great white hope of lineup put the station backwards instead of improving it. Their ratings didn't even hold ground on 2016!
Looking at Marco and Ox's ratings yesterday, I'm wondering if Lyon, Hamish and Soup McClure partly killed some other slots.
They rated even worse than Gaze and Maher!!

Here are the breakfast ratings over the last 2 years:
2017: 2.5, 2.9, 3.3, 2.6, 3.1, 3.5, 3.5, 3.6
2016: 3.8, 3.4, 3.1, 3.5, 4.1, 3.7, 4.2, 3.8
Amazing only Gaze could make Maher seem like a genius next to the biggest dumbass of all time.

Dumbness my name is gazey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine, I think is the biggest mistake. Young Jack has no presence. Just sounds like a mega boring show with no semblance of direction. Fine built up a good show. Oh well, it’s like SEN turns to night shift at 7pm instead of midnight.
Even worse right now. He's with Cam Luke.

SEN has become boring, no light-hearted stuff at all.....or not when I turn it on. I try to listen but always turn off within about 5 mins. Whately is good with Robbo on AFL360, but sounds deadpan on his own imo..

Seems such a shame, my radio was on all the time but now it's off.....the reason I loved SEN was the sport but it came with some laughs. I've never been one for the radio before SEN, 3AW gives me the irrits, so SEN was a pleasant surprise..

..not anymore.
You've taken the words out of my mouth. Exactly how I feel about sen right now. I tune in and so quickly tune out. Struggling to get into any of the shows now. It's actually a real shame. I used to love listening to the run home on the way back from work and often listened to fine driving to and from various sports I play at night during the week.

So far turf and kb just don't work as a drive team. The night show with heverin sounds like an overnight show at the moment.

Last edited:
I reckon Hutchison is figuring that any alienation the SEN base have with the major changes will be superseded by new listeners being brought in, which in this case would mainly be ABC listeners who are big fans of Whateley and have been brought across by being able to listen him weekdays.

I reckon Hutchison is figuring that any alienation the SEN base have with the major changes will be superseded by new listeners being brought in, which in this case would mainly be ABC listeners who are big fans of Whateley and have been brought across by being able to listen him weekdays.
You really think abc listeners will be switching over to a sports station on weekdays? I highly doubt it would be a significant number.

You really think abc listeners will be switching over to a sports station on weekdays? I highly doubt it would be a significant number.

And if they did, I can’t imagine they’d be staying to listen to Andy Maher or KB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back