Radio 1116 SEN 2019 Lineup

bedford

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Its only one weekend, not the end of the world or the sporting clubs.

I'm not into motor sports at all, but it does highlight melbourne on the international stage, like the tennis etc.

If it went for 2 weeks for example that would be a different kettle of fish, but as it's only 4 days of the year, I say get over it people, seriously. It will be here and gone before you know it.
It is not 1 week for sporting clubs one cricket club is off 2 weeks ago and won't get back at all , meaning no ever finals. Footy clubs have no w here to train and can lose up to 5 weeks of the season and then the ovals are brought back in piss poor condition.
I'm not against the GP , just where it is. Could have had a full time track built at say Laverton air base or have it at the Island.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
I'm not against the GP , just where it is. Could have had a full time track built at say Laverton air base or have it at the Island.
No point in having it in a random location in the suburbs. I'm guessing one of the main reasons it gets so much government support because it is able to showcase the citt beautifully. Many aerial shots are briadcast during the race showing the lake with the city not too far away in the distance. It is something that promotes Melbourne very well internationally, because of its proximity.

It isn't great for the locap sporting groups however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

__Nantes__

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
It's hard to digest how utterly bad the evening shows have become since Finey left. Completely void of personality and zero engagement with the listener.

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Moderator #7,040
Switching between SEN (always on first) and Macquarie sports radio. It's clear that both stations (morning show) are exactly alike, footy only. Contrast with RSN that do a wide coverage of sports news and talk. I swear they were discussing some event in poland where the aussies won some medals!

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Moderator #7,041
For those interested, maher has two blokes on with him mid arvo today. Dunno who they are but they were pretty good. Some funny stuff about patriots owner Kraft. Lets not forget maher is a massive patriots fan. All he did was laugh about said jokes. No outrage or disgust. However if anyone disapproves of womens footy.....watch out

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Knicks // NY Giants
For those interested, maher has two blokes on with him mid arvo today. Dunno who they are but they were pretty good. Some funny stuff about patriots owner Kraft. Lets not forget maher is a massive patriots fan. All he did was laugh about said jokes. No outrage or disgust. However if anyone disapproves of womens footy.....watch out
Doubt he could name 10 players.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
You don't know who they are? Bedford has been potting them for 3 years!

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
When was he on SEN?

I wanna like Rohan, seems to be a good guy who is passionate about his subject, but he leaves me a bit cold. It also seems that all of his opinions/predictions end up being woefully wrong as well.
Pre hutchy he was on a fair bit, post hutchy he was doing the final siren show after the footy on friday night. Not sure what other times he was on.

schmuttt

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
How does Cooney still have a job as special comments? I’d rather listen to schwartz commentate again ffs

Saintly Viewed

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
When was he on SEN?

I wanna like Rohan, seems to be a good guy who is passionate about his subject, but he leaves me a bit cold. It also seems that all of his opinions/predictions end up being woefully wrong as well.
Sort of sums him up.
He could be liked.
Knows his subject (football anyway) has passion.

But but but.

Unfortunately, He’s blessed with that self absorbed need to spout non sport belief systems (eg politics) and parade his views as if they are the only views on earth.
Hey, if he likes politics, go on political programs, wave your virtue there.
OR stick to sport!
I don’t want to hear that one dimensional diatribe and dummy spits when it’s not sport.

Sports program, sports please.

Top Bottom