Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Bull ****.

You just can't get away with being a bigoted prick any more.

I didn't make any judgment as to whether you were.

The point is that the people railing against so-called "political correctness" are the ones who are still salty that it's 2019 and it's no longer appropriate to air shitty, outdated attitudes towards women or migrants or LGBTI+ people.

I've never heard anyone that wasn't racist, sexist or homophobic even talk about the term "political correctness", let alone bitch about it.

so about sen, heard brett phillips for a moment this arvo. good operator
He's the most talented presenter SEN still has (and a solid commentator when used to). He's done every slot on the station in one form or another over the past 10+ years, I'm actually surprised he's still there after the talent drain of the past 18 months.

No worries mate. Just calling you out for your hateful ideologies. I'm sure you thought Goodes was a flog too am I right?
That's how stupid you are i'm a Swans member and have met and love the bloke. Hateful ideologies , you have no idea to even say that.
Im not though , I was just trying to see where Kennett was coming from, that's all. We just can't say anything anymore like at the footy , bald headed flog , green maggot etc , that's what I mean about PC. You can't even say s@@t anymore on here as you just discovered .

I think what cfc4life is wondering (reading between the lines) is:

- You believe PC is stymying what we can say
- denouncement of things said towards Goodes was PC

at least i think that's what cfc4life is getting at

I think what cfc4life is wondering (reading between the lines) is:

- You believe PC is stymying what we can say
- denouncement of things said towards Goodes was PC

at least i think that's what cfc4life is getting at
PC correct , even things as a discussion point
The treatment of Goodes was a disgrace , he is one of the greatest humans ive ever met.
That poster just attacked.

PC correct , even things as a discussion point
The treatment of Goodes was a disgrace , he is one of the greatest humans ive ever met.
That poster just attacked.

i see what youre saying. or read what youre saying more accurately.! It was sad to see what happened to a person. Even the most ardent conservative would admit that.
callers to SEN, some, thought that PC meant they couldn't boo goodes for fear of being labelled racist

Were those who booed goodes racist or a victim of PC bedford ?

Last edited:
Hi, I've just woken up from three days ago listening to the Ashley Browne hour on SEN.

He might be a good bloke with knowledge, but that doesn't make for good radio. But, yeah, he comes cheap, we get it Hutchy.

Terrific radio this morning. Praise for the Matildas putting 4 past Jamaica, live commentary was substandard but what do you expect. Cameron Smith, compulsory listening. Fantastic interview! Could listen to smithy all day

I thought they went way over the top actually.

Amazing individual effort from Kerr no doubt and worthy of praise. Context for the rest though....it was a group stage match world number 8 v 53, and against a team that had never scored a WC goal until today, much less won a game. They are a minnow, and we got the job done probably as expected really.

yeah she certainly was on casual fridays. never showed her political persuasion though despite the segment opening declaring her as the leftist feminist. really strange.

Rita used to be a scrutineer for Labor at federal elections, so she probably was “left” at the time she was on Doran’s show. Rita has explained on 3AW that she was a believer in the philosophies of prime ministers like Paul Keating/Bob Hawke and abandoned ship once she believed that the party no longer represented those values.

I thought they went way over the top actually.

Amazing individual effort from Kerr no doubt and worthy of praise. Context for the rest though....it was a group stage match world number 8 v 53, and against a team that had never scored a WC goal until today, much less won a game. They are a minnow, and we got the job done probably as expected really.
Didn’t stop Andy Maher from talking the performance up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rita used to be a scrutineer for Labor at federal elections, so she probably was “left” at the time she was on Doran’s show. Rita has explained on 3AW that she was a believer in the philosophies of prime ministers like Paul Keating/Bob Hawke and abandoned ship once she believed that the party no longer represented those values.

She definitely leaned left at one point as her and RoCo were an item once upon a time. Can't see RoCo dating anyone who is obviously right wing in their politics. People do change their political beliefs over time.

Haven’t heard much SEN today - but what I have.....is it a full moon tonight?

A special kind of outrage is common amongst the talkback callers today. Shows how good the gambling conditioning has been on the general public and AFL when people fail to see the big deal!

Finey is required to sort them out!

Haven’t heard much SEN today - but what I have.....is it a full moon tonight?

A special kind of outrage is common amongst the talkback callers today. Shows how good the gambling conditioning has been on the general public and AFL when people fail to see the big deal!

Finey is required to sort them out!
outrage? for or against gambling?

She definitely leaned left at one point as her and RoCo were an item once upon a time. Can't see RoCo dating anyone who is obviously right wing in their politics. People do change their political beliefs over time.
Especially when they’re paid a lot of money as in Rita’s case

Just listened to Sam and Don. My two favourite moments:

Don talking about knowing Garry when he was young "He was a nice boy back then, you'd let him marry your daughter. But he's changed now."

Gerard came in at the end to preview his show and Don had a go at him for the way he calls races; Sam kept pulling him up saying Gerard was a star and good at what he does but Don didn't want to hear it "He only calls the first five horses!" he says as the music for the news cuts him off. I can just imagine Gerard sitting there with a fake grin on his face shocked that anyone other than a yobo ringing up would take issue with his commentating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back