Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
did i hear correctly that bensley is doing a racing show as replacement for whateley? god, they've got a dedicated racing station why are they also inflicting it on us non racing people on the main station?
I think Sam Edmund is covering the Whateley slot. Bensley starts his new show on SEN Track stations this morning.

The Made Guy

Club Legend
May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Sam Edmund is covering the Whateley slot. Bensley starts his new show on SEN Track stations this morning.

They can put Barnsley on SEN Track for 24 hours a day if they wish. I'd rather hack my my own ears off with a blunt carving knife rather than listen to degenerate horse-racing talk.

The Made Guy

Club Legend
May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Fantastic 25 minutes with Bob Skilton , what a legend on and off the field. Well done to Bob and Andy with the interview.
Grabbed the podcast segment after you posted this, gee he's great to listen to.

The one thing that Bob & Andy do VERY well is interviewing ex-footballers, particularly the long-retired players.

TheJanuaryMan

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I get that maybe the rights were to expensive but it is staggering that we have two guys talking about the race about to jump in Strathalbyn on SEN when there is no commercial radio cricket coverage and no free to air TV coverage of the one day game.
I just tuned in for 5 minutes to SEN Track. It was like listening to an audit being broadcast. Made the likes of Antony Green sound like Kyle Sandilands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 2, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
So, what happened to Nick D'Urbano? Did he take fright after doing one overnight, hasn't been heard since......yet he was introduced as the new host of overnights along with Jordan Kournelis.

....I did ask back in early november, no response so thought I'd ask again and that someone might know something by now. Just seemed odd.:)
He realised quickly he wasn't cut out for the overnight shift and informed his boss immediately, so they could advertise the position again ASAP.

Anyone who's worked nights would understand - it takes a toll physically and mentally.

Dec 2, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
A whisper I heard from the inside was the guy was a bit up himself and thought the overnight slot was beneath him.

Strange, considering why would you apply for a role you felt beneath you? Although, I did work with a guy who had arguments with our boss, and two weeks into the job asked about a pay rise! Safe to say he was gone from the gig the next day.
The reason that's "strange" is it's completely untrue. You people do love to speculate about sh*t you know nothing about, huh...

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
In isolation due to coronavirus
AFL Club
Carlton
anyone hear the geelong caller speak about the Aust open issue? aside from speaking very slowly, he went on a mini dan andrews/unions/lockdown rant. and the host didnt cut it short.
There was a caller yesterday doubting the legitimacy of coronavirus, therefore the Aus Open should be held without restriction, and Dwayno dumped him.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Good interview with roger rasheed. the Oz open happening seems to have stirred community emotions.

flicked over to RSN during the conversation starter, andrew bogut on. harf and whitey asking incisive and probing questions.

Remove this Banner Ad