1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

He knows Aussie basketball , so why does he have to know yank stuff.

Probably because its the biggest basketball league on the planet. As a sports presenter who knows more than the average joe, especially about basketball, and eye on and understanding of the big names or teams in the NBA should be pretty easy.

As for Giannis, yeah maybe he should know the name. Its not just him, so it shouldnt be solely directed at dwayne, but as workhorse said its an aussie media trait.

dwayne i reckon knows how to host a program. he's quite polished and asks good questions.

Les Murray the master of pronunciation will be rolling in his grave - It's a case of lazyness on Dwayne's behalf with many other commentators - It's hardly a case of racism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people are expecting too much. It is impossible to be an expert on every sporting competition. There are just not enough hours in the say. I think Dwayne does okay.

Not an expert but sound like you’re an expert. That’s what the accomplished do.

From his Wiki page...

Ricciardo pronounces his name "Ricardo" instead of the Italian pronunciation "Rit-chi-ardo", saying that is how his family pronounces it.[8]
so Ricciardo and his family is racist

that is what I have learnt from the last few pages in this thread

I think people are expecting too much. It is impossible to be an expert on every sporting competition. There are just not enough hours in the day. I think Dwayne does okay.

I agree to an extent but Dwayno commentates basketball in Australia, it's his second sport - I once heard him on 3AW say that basketball was his "summer sport".

With that caveat it's pretty average he doesn't know how to pronounce the blokes name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back