1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

iv'e had enough of the lyon/watson crap. switched to rsn and think i'll stick. how long has kb been there and when is harf due to return?
watson unbearable for me. Had 32 on my back when he played, loved him. Unlistenable these days.

what's the point of the super bowl full stop.? think it's just the fat man's pet project.
kind of, though my opinion is ,and its only my opinion,is that the americans have probably promised Craig the world if he does them a favour and saturate his station with the game.Theyve already got theyre corrupt hands on the Marvel stadium....they failed with the AFL X,i believe that was an American idea,what with all that comic cosplay bulldust pre game...

The coverage is fine. Gerard is fine and, if nothing else, will be guided by the experienced Larry Fitzgerald Snr. Even if my favourites Kevin Harlan or Dick Stockton called, you all will still complain.

The idea of SEN doing it is fine. You will listen and you will enjoy it.

Shut up!

There's two things left for Hutchy to do as a minimum for me, as a listener, to take his vision seriously.

Have a week in Europe in May similar to this past one in America, covering the Europa and Champions League Final, and covering all the cricket tours overseas.
That would be great. I don't think football (soccer) as whole gets nearly as much coverage from SEN than it should, mostly just Andy Maher typical Australian Liverpool supporter stuff. Although it is good that they broadcast some A League games given ABC gave it up.

There's two things left for Hutchy to do as a minimum for me, as a listener, to take his vision seriously.

Have a week in Europe in May similar to this past one in America, covering the Europa and Champions League Final, and covering all the cricket tours overseas.

Well they should be going to South America for the Copa America in June. Argentina v Australia at the Monumental will be the highlight of the sporting year.

I think you are on the money. Triple M are transitioning out of sport and trying to network nationally as much as possible so I think they are only on air this year due to their contract and being to expensive to pay them out.

The only hurdle is money, I don't think SEN could afford them without a big name or two being cut or moving on. Maher / Bob and Heverin wouldn't be big salary earners so it would need to come from Lyon, Watson or Whateley.
Other hurdle would be Gary and Billy being at SEN together
Whateley will stay with his new contract. Gary and Tim's contract ends at the end of this year and I don't reckon they'll be back in 2021, so that'll open up the possibility of being able to pay JB and Billy comfortably, and there'll be no Billy/Gary friction with Lyon gone.

Whateley will stay with his new contract. Gary and Tim's contract ends at the end of this year and I don't reckon they'll be back in 2021, so that'll open up the possibility of being able to pay JB and Billy comfortably, and there'll be no Billy/Gary friction with Lyon gone.

Surely if Hutchy brings JB across he'll try and get Damo too and recreate a version of The Rub on SEN with Garry. They would get the whole Triple M audience, ratings would be huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I heard/read last year that they had (somewhat) made peace. Could be wrong though.

Why do they have to broadcast the Big Bash games at night ?? Massively boring and a certain turn-off.

Also, why the need to cover the Superbowl ?? With a full telecast on CH7 it makes Whately & his cronies look second-rate.

The breakfast shift with Lyon & Watson is "ho-hum" and lacking in content. Maher & Murphy is borderline at best and IMO, it is not the best pairing of on-air people. Whoever suggested there is a constant need to replay program highlights or 'best of' has also failed the test.

SEN have lost the plot since Hutchy took over, he is trying to outsmart himself and doing a good job of it at the same time.

The station seemed to work well when there was more talkback from the public instead of this constant need to hear the opinions & views of the so-called experts. With the public ringing in, they became more involved & invested in the content & flavour.

Furthermore, there certainly were more competitions & quizzes for the listeners to be part of and win a decent prize under the old regime. Giving the public regular triggers to be a part of the station was a winning formula.

Why do they have to broadcast the Big Bash games at night?

Also, why the need to cover the Superbowl ?

The station seemed to work well when there was more talkback from the public.

Furthermore, there certainly were more competitions & quizzes for the listeners.

Less live sport and more talkback and quizzes.

Surely if Hutchy brings JB across he'll try and get Damo too and recreate a version of The Rub on SEN with Garry. They would get the whole Triple M audience, ratings would be huge.
I'm not sure whether Hutchy and JB get on. I hate JB as do many in the media , so I would turn off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back