Past Blaine Boekhorst

Remove this Banner Ad

He's already showing that he doesn't need a lot of possessions to have an impact. That kick to Cripps was brilliant & he also spotted up Everitt, only for Everitt to bomb the pass to Cripps in the goal square.

He's a smart footballer with plenty of tricks.

I like him and look forward to se what Bolton does with him.
Could do worse than to produce another Isaac Smith clone.

The comparisons to Smith aren't that far off. Smith took a while to get going and averaged 5.5 more possessions per game in his first year, but he was also nearly a year older than BB when he debuted. There's also the little matter of Smith being part of a team with an 80% win rate - I'm sure if BB got that sweet Hawthorn feed out of the back line, he'd have much better numbers.

Seems strange given he was hit and miss last year and we have only seen the NAB Challenge this year, but Boekhorst seems to be in everybody's best 22 at the moment. It sorts of feels like he is just there, and not a fringe player any longer. I don't think we have gone early, but have we?

Seems strange given he was hit and miss last year and we have only seen the NAB Challenge this year, but Boekhorst seems to be in everybody's best 22 at the moment. It sorts of feels like he is just there, and not a fringe player any longer. I don't think we have gone early, but have we?

Sure we've made the point here as we have elsewhere but given Boekhorst's fitness base last year, he wasn't expected to play much at all.

He's well into the system now and has soaked up everything thrown his way. His speed and his skills weren't questioned.....his endurance was though.

His benefit is we don't have a lot of players that do what he does. True outside runners have been hard to come by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very comfortable with BB's placing in the pecking order, a slick, gut running ball winner who can kick a goal on the run, and is also a decent giver-offer by foot.

I find his zesty energy he is now bringing out on the field infectious. Happy to back him in as starting 18 material for all 22 games, he has his fitness base almost at an ideal level, and still has plenty of upside to his game.

A Keeper, for sure.

His benefit is we don't have a lot of players that do what he does. True outside runners have been hard to come by.
They sure have. I just wonder if our speed might concern Richmond with guys like Boekhorst and Buckley. I think this game could be quite a bit closer now.

Obviously he'll play on Thursday after his game against the Swans and moments against Hawthorn, but he has a long way to go to be anywhere near Isaac Smith. I like that he looks a bit stronger and heavier as he was way too light last year. Hopeful but the jury is still out. Even Kane Lucas played the odd good game.

They sure have. I just wonder if our speed might concern Richmond with guys like Boekhorst and Buckley. I think this game could be quite a bit closer now.

Buckley, Byrne, Boek, 2E can all run 15-50 and kick 50. The unfortunate part is that often they bomb at the end of the run. I think it was an instruction under MM but I'm hoping that they'll be more discerning under BB.

Will be interesting to see if Byrne gets a run

Buckley, Byrne, Boek, 2E can all run 15-50 and kick 50. The unfortunate part is that often they bomb at the end of the run. I think it was an instruction under MM but I'm hoping that they'll be more discerning under BB.

Will be interesting to see if Byrne gets a run

With DB, CB, and BB2 all working under BB1, I'm not sure that 2E belongs.

Well ultimately he needs to show it in the real deal.
It would be good if he can have a huge game this Thurs.

He's a smart footballer with plenty of tricks.

I like him and look forward to se what Bolton does with him.
Could do worse than to produce another Isaac Smith clone.
The way he positions himself all day is something you can't teach he can read afl plays like very few can all he needs to do now is continue his sydney form or close to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back