Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I sometimes wonder if coaches can over-complicate things for some players. Asking forwards to become offensive via their defensive efforts works well for some (Waite seems to relish it) but it may be detrimental for others. LT will come good. Waites pending return will help.

Don't want to sh1t stir,

But come on, how can you call him a champion. Are you being sarcastic ?

I can recall just as many pathetic games he has played as good ones....

Lindsay Thomas says he "loves the jumper", but then proceeds to wipe his @ss with it.

Look at the last 2 weeks.

"Wipes his arse with the jumper...."

I dare you to say that to his face.

Totally agree B. Scott is to blame.

An example, someone once told me when NDS was playing for St. Kilda and they had a bad loss, he stressed going to the club the next day because Ross Lyon would be feral and would let them know its not good enough.

This was very different to how Brad Scott handles things.

Brad prefers to give players a cuddle, rather than a blasting after a bad performance.

I think a player like Thomas works better if he is under a coach like Lyon who demands his best and lets him know when he is not happy....

And how do you know any of this? You have absolutely no idea what goes on inside the club. Full of s**t.

I agree. Scott said that he is probably trying too hard. If so go back to the VFL and get himself up to speed there
But why why is he flying 3 deep all rhe time. 200 games in he should know his role. Stay down hit packs and crumb goals. 5 yr olds do it.

No sooky lala "woe is me" stuff. He knows exactly where he's fallen short and recognises the influence senior players like him can have over the younger players so he's just getting on with working his arse off at Werribee in the hope of a swift return.

Quality bloke is LT.

The forward pocket is the most unforgiving position in modern footy and it looks to me as if some folks just don't understand that.

A good game from an FP isn't measured in goals marks & kicks, it's now measured in pressure acts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The forward pocket is the most unforgiving position in modern footy and it looks to me as if some folks just don't understand that.

A good game from an FP isn't measured in goals marks & kicks, it's now measured in pressure acts.

And he looked good in the JLT when he was playing further up the field.

Season starts and his role changes.

And he looked good in the JLT when he was playing further up the field.

Season starts and his role changes.
This confused me. He was good in stints up field. With Garner, Turner and Simpkin up forward surely we could have continued to release LT for spurts?

You heard it yourself he prefers FP, and they've trialled it over preseason...... easily the best pocket Ive seen playing for Nth.
Prefers or not, he plays the role he is told to play.

Hows that panned out?.......Ive been wanting him in the centre for years now, Im on record after he played that aboriginal games 5 yrs ago.
Question is why don't we try it during the season. Seems a no brainer.

But why why is he flying 3 deep all rhe time. 200 games in he should know his role. Stay down hit packs and crumb goals. 5 yr olds do it.

The small forward has to drag his opponent away from the contest so that the talls can compete one-out, but then he has to be at the foot of the pack, all the while making sure his opponent isn't able to intercept mark so he drags his opponent away from the contest allowing the talls to be one-out. In other words, discover the quantum theory of non-locality and apply it to a football field. This is why 5 year olds can't do it.

He started off the half back line a couple of times at Centre bounces last week and just ran through the centre. This would have been an instruction from the cockroach to try and get him in the game somehow.
Also in the Geelong game and he attended a couple of centre bounces.
I guess he just doesn't have the fitness to play on ball for extended periods, but if he is struggling to get his hands
If - and at this stage it is a big if - he gets his spot back some time in the future, I'd love to see him used more in this role. Even if just for 5 minute bursts here and there.

He is one of my all time favourites LT - hope he gets back at some stage - but I wouldn't be putting my house on it right now.

Presumably his preference plays some role? Shouldn't, I agree, but is it a factor?

Even if he pinch hits there more, it should happen in some way, shape or form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back