Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

If I could be bothered I'd link clips of him cheating north of goals, momentum or respect from missing unmissable goals whilst burning a team mate, giving away stupid free kicks from his own frustration, trying to take a speccy instead of crumbung, or ducking, waiving his arms etc looking for a free kick.

The guys a cheat. First game back from a cowards bump after a vfl demotion and he quite rightly cops another week (and played a piss poor game to boot).
He has won/kept us in games off his own boot especially in 2013/14, been a fantastic player for us and deserves the respect that he has earned from the majority of our supporters.

I think people "remember" suspensions from all those incidents that were legal at the time but got the rules changed because once LT did them the actions were suddenly unacceptable. Zero weeks for Rohan's leg and Reid's teeth, for a start.

I guess we can add going into a tackle with arms raised to the list of things that look much worse when he does them.

I think people "remember" suspensions from all those incidents that were legal at the time but got the rules changed because once LT did them the actions were suddenly unacceptable. Zero weeks for Rohan's leg and Reid's teeth, for a start.

I guess we can add going into a tackle with arms raised to the list of things that look much worse when he does them.

The "Prozac crew" fill this board up with s**t on a constant basis.

Nothing is ever reasoned.

The choices are either, the second coming of Christ, or Charles Manson

The "Prozac crew" fill this board up with s**t on a constant basis.

Nothing is ever reasoned.

The choices are either, the second coming of Christ, or Charles Manson
Good to see that you learned a thing or two about non-dualism at the monastery. :thumbsu:

I hope we trade the headcase at the end end of year.

His last 2 games for Werribee, have shown how desperate he is to get back in the firsts.

Compare him to how A Swallow has gone about it.

Swallow is all class compared to this sook.

Good to see that you learned a thing or two about non-dualism at the monastery. :thumbsu:

Why would anyone reside on a North AFL board if that was the case? (<-- The question mark is for grammatical purposes, I don't actually want a response)

Has been a reckless player from day dot - nothing deliberate but arms & legs often flying indiscriminantly through the air. Got away with it for a fair few years but its all catching up with him now. On his day was a great small forward but the difference between his good games & bad games was just far too great. Would've loved to see him try to get a midfield role, but for some reason, the NMFC fitness program did not address this aspect.
Interesting that him and Swallow are still contracted for 2018.............

Has been a reckless player from day dot - nothing deliberate but arms & legs often flying indiscriminantly through the air. Got away with it for a fair few years but its all catching up with him now. On his day was a great small forward but the difference between his good games & bad games was just far too great. Would've loved to see him try to get a midfield role, but for some reason, the NMFC fitness program did not address this aspect.
Interesting that him and Swallow are still contracted for 2018.............

So we have gone high brow pseudo Afl intellect persona Arfur?

You were more amusing telling us about parking your car on nature strips around Docklands than trash talking a North Man who is clearly struggling.

I hope we trade the headcase at the end end of year.

His last 2 games for Werribee, have shown how desperate he is to get back in the firsts.

Compare him to how A Swallow has gone about it.

Swallow is all class compared to this sook.
I find that comment extremely nasty. Calling him a headcase and all.

If the guy was given the same leeway that a lot of other players that have done.... ie Fyfe, Mitchell, and insert dirty players in the 00's and perhaps been a little bit more forgiving; then perhaps the guy can get on the right track and head in the right direction. But when he is being hit from every pillar and post from every trivial action he does, its can be a bit hard for some people to deal with to not burying yourself a bigger grave. That of course doesnt excuse him of his past two suspensions, the last one which is barely anything at all; but to battered from everywhere by the media is quite disgraceful as it makes it extremely difficult to reflect positive actions and mindset.

I have no doubt he probably has a heavy pair of shoulders and may even be dealing with depression. A lot of people wouldnt be able to deal with all the crap he has gone through. Once again it doesnt give him any excuse, but if they didnt go so hard on the guy as opposed to others he might be able to get on top of his problems and get his career back on track.

He hasnt had the luxury of growing up in an easy life like a lot in the AFL who are private school boys.

I find that comment extremely nasty. Calling him a headcase and all.

If the guy was given the same leeway that a lot of other players that have done.... ie Fyfe, Mitchell, and insert dirty players in the 00's and perhaps been a little bit more forgiving; then perhaps the guy can get on the right track and head in the right direction. But when he is being hit from every pillar and post from every trivial action he does, its can be a bit hard for some people to deal with to not burying yourself a bigger grave. That of course doesnt excuse him of his past two suspensions, the last one which is barely anything at all; but to battered from everywhere by the media is quite disgraceful as it makes it extremely difficult to reflect positive actions and mindset.

I have no doubt he probably has a heavy pair of shoulders and may even be dealing with depression. A lot of people wouldnt be able to deal with all the crap he has gone through. Once again it doesnt give him any excuse, but if they didnt go so hard on the guy as opposed to others he might be able to get on top of his problems and get his career back on track.

He hasnt had the luxury of growing up in an easy life like a lot in the AFL who are private school boys.

Well said.

He has found himself in a perfect storm of self generated problems.

I have stated my thoughts on LT many times during this thread and wont rehash them again.

Kicking a North player when they are down is disgraceful and esentially mean spirited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said.

He has found himself in a perfect storm of self generated problems.

I have stated my thoughts on LT many times during this thread and wont rehash them again.

Kicking a North player when they are down is disgraceful and esentially mean spirited.
I can tell you.....if I was going to battle/war and had to choose some North players to go with me.....he'd be in the top 3 I'd choose to take with me. So it upsets me to have our own club supporters having a dig at him as he loves our club.

And as I type this Barry Hall getting a hall of fame.....who has done one of the dirtiest act in AFL.

I can tell you.....if I was going to battle/war and had to choose some North players to go with me.....he'd be in the top 3 I'd choose to take with me. So it upsets me to have our own club supporters having a dig at him as he loves our club.

And as I type this Barry Hall getting a hall of fame.....who has done one of the dirtiest act in AFL.

That's right. You know he will have your back and thats probably more than you can say for some of the posters here.

Despite his flaws (and there aren't that many of them, tho sometimes the criticism is legit,) he is still one of the best small forwards in the league when he hits good form, and there is no real reason to suggest he won't find form again. He is even in the AFL rules of the game video as an example of actual high contact for a tackle that the media and plenty of w***ers in the general public chose to call an example of him ducking. If he did all the things he got criticised for not doing he would be the best small forward ever. Because he doesn't and is black* he is s**t. Not just a s**t footy player but a failed human. The vitriol some poeople reserve for him is heaps worse than the Gibbos of the world cop.

Some people (Johnny99 for example) need a good look in the mirror.

*Don't pretend its got nothing to do with it.

Some people (Johnny99 for example) need a good look in the mirror.

*Don't pretend its got nothing to do with it.

What a stupid post.

FACT :

L Thomas scored goals in only one game out of the first 5 he played in. For a permanent forward that is not good enough.

L Thomas twice had the chance to win North the game against the Bulldogs - Good Friday game in the dying minute, but stuffed it up and dropped his head in the dying seconds.

L Thomas gets rubbed out for 3 weeks for hitting a VFL player. Something he apologises for and is not proud of his actions.

L Thomas again gets a week raising his elbow and could have seriously hurt his opponent. Again another stupid action.

These are the facts, the reasons, I criticise Lindsay.

I find it insulting you insinuate I have a problem with a player because of their race.

May you should think before you post rubbish.

What a stupid post.

FACT :

L Thomas scored goals in only one game out of the first 5 he played in. For a permanent forward that is not good enough.

L Thomas twice had the chance to win North the game against the Bulldogs - Good Friday game in the dying minute, but stuffed it up and dropped his head in the dying seconds.

L Thomas gets rubbed out for 3 weeks for hitting a VFL player. Something he apologises for and is not proud of his actions.

L Thomas again gets a week raising his elbow and could have seriously hurt his opponent. Again another stupid action.

I find it insulting you insinuate I have a problem with a player because of their race.

You've gone pretty high and mighty for a guy that called LT a head case and a sook. Perhaps you should stick to the facts and nobody will criticise your posts

What a stupid post.

FACT :

Fact: Lindsay scored goals in three of the first five games he played in. He kicked 1 goal against Port in R2 2007, 1 against Lions in R4, and 3 against Carlton in R8 (having missed R5-7).

Maybe you should think some more. And some more again. And back away slowly.

edit: if you just mean this year, everyone agrees his form wasn't the best - two goals in one game, goal assists in four games, and one game with neither. Still pretty arbitrary use of stats to back up some crap generalisations about a guy who has mostly been very good for our team and our club.

Last edited:
What a stupid post.

FACT :

I love it when people like Eddie McGuire and this Johnny99 person respond to accusations of racism by taking on the victim's role. You're insulted? FFS, have some self awareness.

It still seems like his head isn't in it an hasn't been all year

Gosh we miss him at his best. He's had plenty of time to get right and this so called mini pre season...

What a stupid post.

FACT :

Yep you wouldn't be the only person calling for him to be dropped after his start this year. You'll see that even I did it if you go back and look.

I didn't have to resort to lying - calling him a headcase and a sook. You could have said all that stuff in bold and simply said "not good enough" and that would have been fine (cept about the suspension on the weekend - it was bullshit, its sposed to be an aggressive contact sport sometime high contact happens, Palmer got a free for it,) but you went and made it personal and attributed things to him that are based on your imagination not the facts that are even available to you on this page.

And FWIW I wasn't actually thinking about you specifically with that accusation of racism, tho obviously if the shoe fits ...

What a stupid post.

FACT :

Complete and utter bullshit. Lindsay didn't cost us that game. If you aren't in front in the last minute you shouldn't have to rely on a flying shot at goal to win you a game.

Yeah you said it alright.

If I could be bothered I'd link clips of him cheating north of goals, momentum or respect from missing unmissable goals whilst burning a team mate, giving away stupid free kicks from his own frustration, trying to take a speccy instead of crumbung, or ducking, waiving his arms etc looking for a free kick.

The guys a cheat. First game back from a cowards bump after a vfl demotion and he quite rightly cops another week (and played a piss poor game to boot).

Change your username to Battlefield Earth. You don't deserve to have a great movie as a username after that s**t.

I'm a pretty big LT fan and love the bloke off the field but after hearing about this 'mini pre-season' he's supposedly done as well as the fact that he was supposed to play midfield this year, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in his condition on the weekend. I'm watching the replay now and he's clearly not up to the fitness level required of an AFL player, if anything he looks in worse shape than pre-suspension. I'm worried his career is slipping away, with the transition of our list that's clearly going to occur at the end of this year he needs to show something in the second half of the year or else he could see himself on the outer, which would be a sad way for a legend of our club to go. Hope he turns it around in a big way, no doubt he has the talent, but his physical condition at the moment is definitely a concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back