#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has had significant injuries and surgeries since joining the club that impacted on his ability to train then it broke that he was also suffering mental illness.... Then Richmond said "Yaz is back" 2 plus months ago.... crickets since then.

Do you think things are tracking well??
Tracking well? I think our club is in an extremely bad position, we missed finals ffs. Investing draft picks and cap space on a player that has not and in the very worst of cases (for our club) will not play for us is an extremely bad return on that investment. That is what some people are trying to say, and what many are failing to say. However it is irrelevant to the individual.

In terms of this thread and what is relevant. Yarran is a member of this football club and I have full faith our club is doing everything to support him, on the field and off, so he can become an important part of our best 22. In that regards, yes, I am 100% confident that everything is tracking well. Regardless of whatever does end up happening with him, it is not and will not ever be his fault. I hold no ill will towards him and anyone that does is an ill-educated sack of s**t.

If anyone is upset about communication, tough s**t. It's not about you. If you don't understand that then spend some time researching mental health instead posting uninformed selfish tripe.

The club don't want him back. He's gone completely off the rails with lots of drinking and gambling problems. He has no interest in footy any more and is in very poor physical and mental condition. Has not been present at the club for the majority of the year. His attitude is poor and now the club have now given up hope on him and conceded there is no way back for Yarran.

2 x 2nd rd draft choices gone
$400k salary gone

all gone. All thanks to Richardson & Hartley. Incompetence at it's highest. Mediocrity in stability that's RFC. They were warned Yarran was unstable but they still got him.

Ladies & Gentlemen this whole club is a giant bust.
Lets wait until this is actually the case, instead of heresay theories.

So are you saying Yarran has been at the club training with the rehab group???

If that's what you're saying then that's not true. He's been missing for most of the year.
We know he has had a break from the middle of the year, that isn't news. But it is a long bow to suggest it is all finished.

I did find it interesting that in the video of KMac and Richo talking about who was in the Rehab group with KMac, Yarran was an omission.
This news doesnt surprise me , I would have thought for someone in his condition that an elite sporting environment would be possibly the worst place to be. Certainly highlighted flaws in the due diligence that should have been completed

Tracking well? I think our club is in an extremely bad position, we missed finals ffs. Investing draft picks and cap space on a player that has not and in the very worst of cases (for our club) will not play for us is an extremely bad return on that investment. That is what some people are trying to say, and what many are failing to say. However it is irrelevant to the individual.

In terms of this thread and what is relevant. Yarran is a member of this football club and I have full faith our club is doing everything to support him, on the field and off, so he can become an important part of our best 22. In that regards, yes, I am 100% confident that everything is tracking well. Regardless of whatever does end up happening with him, it is not and will not ever be his fault. I hold no ill will towards him and anyone that does is an ill-educated sack of s**t.

If anyone is upset about communication, tough s**t. It's not about you. If you don't understand that then spend some time researching mental health instead posting uninformed selfish tripe.

What is uninformed about what I said? It's pretty informed actually.... Mental health? I know the Challenges trust me. Hence why I know how far fetched it is that Chris yarran will ever play for us. As for tripe, you've written a litany of it.

Also... Please show me and quote me where I wish any "ill will" towards Chris? It's dickheads like you who churn and twist and lie about what others who dare question the club on the decision to recruit yarran and hide behind the veil that it's an attack against Chris and any mental health issues he's suffering. If you believe for a second that if Yarran was tracking well and positive, that there wouldn't be a s**t load of s**t PR coming from Richmond on it. The fact there isn't screams that things aren't good and they won't ever be good. I expect that Yarran will not ever play a game for us.

Last edited:
This news doesnt surprise me , I would have thought for someone in his condition that an elite sporting environment would be possibly the worst place to be. Certainly highlighted flaws in the due diligence that should have been completed

Careful mate.... If you speak the truth around here you'll be cut down by the do gooder bright siders

What is uninformed about what I said? It's pretty informed actually.... Mental health? I know the Challenges trust me. Hence why I know how far fetched it is that Chris yarran will ever play for us. As for tripe, you've written a litany of it.

Also... Please show me and quote me where I wish any "ill will" towards Chris? It's dickheads like you who churn and twist and lie about what others who dare question the club on the decision to recruit yarran and hide behind the veil that it's an attack against Chris and any mental health issues he's suffering. If you believe for a second that if Yarran was tracking well and positive, that there wouldn't be a s**t load of s**t PR coming from Richmond on it. The fact there isn't screams that things aren't good and they won't ever be good. I expect that Yarran will not ever play a game for us.
I don't think there's any need for calling people dickheads. Rebut my comment if you disagree but don't degrade yourself with that.

I completely disagree with you. If you know the challenges then you know that it isn't always uphill. When you're dealing with public scrutiny those drops are magnified tenfold. There is absolutely no way Yarran's situation needs to play out in public. You should know better if you've dealt with it yourself.

And as I have said time again, if you hold that opinion of the club then do that, but don't make those critical comments about someone that has no control of this. If I've hit a nerve then you either didn't read what I said or I was accurate.

The point was they didn't pay peanuts initially until they got the pedestal, then to keep them together they took less.
And my point was they identify a target and go for it if it is more than they want to pay they move on. And the other point was they almost merged with melb so to get where they are they did something right don't you think unlike our club? And thirdly if you believe player's take less your not living in this world as a thing called backhanders does exist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm. I wonder what MacKenzie would think about this thread. If Yarran tomorrow made a post in here talking about his struggle I wonder if there would be many people supporting him at all.

Definitely got extended I think until end of 2018. Best gig...does sweet nothing and gets paid.

There was a suggestion in the paper months ago of an extension but I've not heard anything official.

This guy is at the heart of our problems with Dimma!

There was a suggestion in the paper months ago of an extension but I've not heard anything official.

This guy is at the heart of our problems with Dimma!
They have extended a guy who hadn't played a game yet, and is unlikely too and our executive are dickheads thread got shut down?

And my point was they identify a target and go for it if it is more than they want to pay they move on. And the other point was they almost merged with melb so to get where they are they did something right don't you think unlike our club? And thirdly if you believe player's take less your not living in this world as a thing called backhanders does exist.
The original discussion was about players taking less for success, not that they get don't identify their targets, and then move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back