Player Watch #13: Jack Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

The way i saw it, george was a small forward trying to play a tall game most of the time. George has a good ability to get to a good spot but he is also a good lead. If Higgins is quicker upstairs and better composed then thats a plus
There aren’t many I’ve ever seen quicker upstairs than George... it’s just that he’s thinking 5 things at the same time and it doesn’t occur to him until he gets it haha.
Knowing where to be and what to do next and then where to be after that quite naturally and calmly is the hallmark of the really good players and what Higgins has as you say, and why those 20m sprint things only tell you a limited amount.

Hes basically kane lambert 8 years ago,
We all know just how good kane is now
The difference is recruiting staff are
Not worrying about height now if jack
Was in lamberts draft 8 years ago he probably goes
Unpicked like kane,,
Fantastick pick , love his personality
Will be a natural footballer ,
Kudos richmond recruiting staff
Apparently Luke Beveridge asked the recruiters when they were tossing up on Caleb Daniel “if this kid was 6 inches taller where would he have gone?” And when they said top ten, I think he sort of looked at them as if to say are you taking the piss? And then his name was read out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Methinks George is in serious trouble. Hopefully get a late 2nd or 3rd for him. Would have to be behind Henry, Shai and Tyson now.
Possibly, but Jigga will eventually play more of a mid role imo.

If George goes the team who want him can pay through the nose for him through. Premiership player, lightning fast, 30 goals a year fwd. Pick in the 20s or they can FO

You guys got a real gem here, he's never been injured by the way.

Not that Richmond is a bad club to be at but his reaction was more so stoked he finally got drafted which is fantastic this boy legit wants to get the most out of himself and he will.

He will play round one, his disposal and decision making will make Richmond look even better, he will show up some players at training too.

If you can stand the guy interviewing give it a watch you will learn a lot about Jack, this video alone sold me.

Not that Richmond is a bad club to be at but his reaction was more so stoked he finally got drafted which is fantastic this boy legit wants to get the most out of himself and he will.

He will play round one, his disposal and decision making will make Richmond look even better, he will show up some players at training too.

If you can stand the guy interviewing give it a watch you will learn a lot about Jack, this video alone sold me.

I really wanted to watch it but 3.38 in and I’m yelling “SHUT THE * UP!!” at the screen too many times and had to bail.
That was unbearable.

Watched first 10 mins and I can't work out why Jack was even there. The guy just talks non stop.

Certainly no issues with it playing AFL football if your smart and good decision maker and it appears Jack is. But 0.2 seconds over 20m is almost 1.5m difference and its that extra distance that gives you more time to make a better decision or allows our fast small forwards to close down space and pressure an opponent into a mistake.

Those 1% advantages are what all sporting clubs the world over are looking for. If Jack is a sub 3 runner I doubt he would have lasted to us.
This is why I don't think he's a small forward.

Great insight into Jack's work ethic, dedication & professionalism at such an early age, footballing ability aside we've got a guy with great character. The interviewer though was so effin annoying. He had to be on a decent amount of ice or coke, was peaking off his nut & couldn't shut up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back