15-year-old Maurice Rioli Jnr To Make Senior Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Messi was signed away by Barcelona at a very young age.
This is a Rioli we’re talking about.
Yep and he's all but signed already, gonna be so much pressure on him given the name, more so then most Riolis but having Daniel will help and will be very comfortable around the club by the time he's old enough to be drafted.

Don’t underestimate the importance of having Xavier as one of our coaches as the Clarke’s and Riolis go a long way back at St. Mary’s. Hopefully he stays on last I knew he was considering options. Was a massive factor in the the Jacob Townsend story this year.

I know a fair few people connected with St.Marys and the excitement about young Rioli is big.

Don’t underestimate the importance of having Xavier as one of our coaches as the Clarke’s and Riolis go a long way back at St. Mary’s. Hopefully he stays on last I knew he was considering options. Was a massive factor in the the Jacob Townsend story this year.

I know a fair few people connected with St.Marys and the excitement about young Rioli is big.
Well if whats reported is true about MJ coming to melbourne to study next year at Scotch Colledge the he will be coming to the club pretty often and have our coaches actively involved with him as he is a Father Son i believe we are allowed to coach and monitor him and influence his progress (bombers /Daniher)

X would certainly be involved and im sure will help MJ at a very critical stage of his development

Well if whats reported is true about MJ coming to melbourne to study next year at Scotch Colledge the he will be coming to the club pretty often and have our coaches actively involved with him as he is a Father Son i believe we are allowed to coach and monitor him and influence his progress (bombers /Daniher)

X would certainly be involved and im sure will help MJ at a very critical stage of his development

It was mentioned in the article that he'd been at the club for such things already, and was working on kicking with his left, with the implication that that was at our urging.

End of the day though, he's coming to Melbourne to play TAC cup, and that system tends to work pretty well, so we're unlikely to be adding too much to it...Maybe a training session every few weeks which might work on a few details, but more likely will just be to have him feeling comfortable around the club.

The belief is that Xavier Clarke will most likely take over the coaching at Saints from next season once Rick Nolan stands down so hopefully a role working with MJ in the next 12 months before that will just go nicely.

I'm more excited for this kid than I am for our back2back premiership of 2018.

I'm not. But I'm still pretty excited. The little I've seen he has the same skills as his dad. If he is any where near his dad then we've got a champion.

If all our young forwards improve, which logically they all should given their age and inexperience, do we just play an 8 man forward line.

Riewoldt
Townsend
Dan Rioli
Maurice Rioli Jr.
Shai Bolton
Tyson Stengel
Dan Butler
Jason Castagna

But how will we fit in Lynch?
Afl will re introduce the sub rule just for lynch

If all our young forwards improve, which logically they all should given their age and inexperience, do we just play an 8 man forward line.

Riewoldt
Townsend
Dan Rioli
Maurice Rioli Jr.
Shai Bolton
Tyson Stengel
Dan Butler
Jason Castagna

Townsend will just be a stop gap for another 1-2 years , Our foward line will move past him with talent coming through
Very good chance it could be even next year with Callum Moore showing some very good signs at VFL level this year

Townsend will just be a stop gap for another 1-2 years , Our foward line will move past him with talent coming through
Very good chance it could be even next year with Callum Moore showing some very good signs at VFL level this year
I think Townsend will become one of those long term depth players. He'll be around for another 3-5 years, only get to around 100-150 career games, but he'll be in and out of the side and provide some good depth when we need it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what kinda options

Riewoldt
Townsend
Dan Rioli
Maurice Rioli Jr.
Shai Bolton
Tyson Stengel
Dan Butler
Jason Castagna

fitting him in to the tpp will be a greater challenge than the side

Yeah I think he's at his ceiling pretty much, although he plays an important defensive role on the henderson/lever types that I can't really see our brigade of smalls filling

what kinda options
Just whether to return to Darwin to coach and work.
Assistant coaching isn’t hugely financially rewarding for the amount of hours they put in.

We should give X, Fly, Blake and Leppa a 1% stake in the Superstore.
Think they got a nice bonus for winning the flag but they really do work huge hours

The belief is that Xavier Clarke will most likely take over the coaching at Saints from next season once Rick Nolan stands down so hopefully a role working with MJ in the next 12 months before that will just go nicely.
Who the heck is rick Nolan , I'd doubt he d leave punt rd after 2y , going to st.kilda wouldn't be a positive career move

Who the heck is rick Nolan , I'd doubt he d leave punt rd after 2y , going to st.kilda wouldn't be a positive career move
Rick Nolan coaches St.Marys in the N.T.F.L Mick Nolan’s son.
Those Saints sorry, not St.Kilda saints.
Opportunity for Xavier to return home to coach and work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back