Retired #17: Adam Cooney - Announces retirement and has cleaned out locker

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely turning it around. Been stellar the last two weeks.
He's been one of the only ones delivering it well into the forward line, appears to have regained some agility.

I wonder if Dean Rioli is eating his words... or just eating :cool:

Coons is always a different player when he gets his body right. Problem is he will only do it in flashes before breaking down again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed that often once he takes possession he puts in 3 or 4 steps to get clear and then he just stops dead and weighs his options. A peculiar player but you can see how he won a Brownlow. Explosive and smart.

Noticed that often once he takes possession he puts in 3 or 4 steps to get clear and then he just stops dead and weighs his options. A peculiar player but you can see how he won a Brownlow. Explosive and smart.
This skill needs to b shared to our players, move to space with side step. D wells does it aswell. I notice it most with our brigade wen they take the mark no urgency to get 5 meters back. It's also an awareness thing knowing where to go once u possess the ball n what's the next option

Think it's become pretty clear he has to be played in the middle. Can kick a goal but he's not a forward.

Makes it tricky for next year if Watson, Myers and Heppell join Hocking in coming back. Could conceivably finish top 5 or 10 in the BnF and not be offered a new contract.

Think it's become pretty clear he has to be played in the middle. Can kick a goal but he's not a forward.

Makes it tricky for next year if Watson, Myers and Heppell join Hocking in coming back. Could conceivably finish top 5 or 10 in the BnF and not be offered a new contract.

I was thinking this earlier (about being right up there in the B&F and potentially not being offered a contract the year after).

There couldn't be too many ahead of him as we speak, could there? Zaka or Zach maybe. I think they'd be the Top 3 right now.

I was thinking this earlier (about being right up there in the B&F and potentially not being offered a contract the year after).

There couldn't be too many ahead of him as we speak, could there? Zaka or Zach maybe. I think they'd be the Top 3 right now.
Kelly and Leuenberger would be up there too.

Agreed. Throw in Hartley and that's our top 6 thus far, for mine.
I think the fact Hartley missed week one will count against him right now. Walla would be ahead IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back