Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was at his best when he was playing forward pocket in 2018, doesn't have to think too much.

Has it been suggested that he tag? It's too late now but if he was thrown into a tagging role in the years "Atley will go to the midfield this year" circa 2013-16 he could've been anything. After Jacobs started tagging he began the ability to know how to be effective and even pushed forward forcing players he was tagging to defend

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app
He regularly makes good opposition players ineffective so it may be worth a shot.

How many times did Atley look up on wings and sit the ball perfectly for an intercept?

It's like he's made a covert deal under the table to ensure his DE% stay high whilst turning it over on repeat.

How many times did Atley look up on wings and sit the ball perfectly for an intercept?

It's like he's made a covert deal under the table to ensure his DE% stay high whilst turning it over on repeat.
Agree totally, Did it clearly 3-4 times in row right in front of us yesterday, I actually called it everytime just before it happened! How we can still let this guy pull on our blue & white jumper is just beyond me ! He is surely taking the Pi55 ?!
Opposition defenders all lick their lips & just know the easy intercept mark is heading their way every time he gets the footy in that situation!

Last edited:
Fremantle (vs North): 53 inside 50's, 29 scoring shots
Michael Walters (5× Fremantle leading goal kicker & All-Australian 2019) vs Shaun Atley: 12 disposals, 1 goal, 0 behinds.
Noerth board resident morons: Atley shanked a couple of kicks, delist him.

Last edited:
Jackson Archer will take his spot and we'll get beaten by 80 goals.

The resident cretins will then blame Jack Ziebell.

Last edited:
Fremantle (vs North): 53 inside 50's, 29 scoring shots
Michael Walters (5× Fremantle leading goal kicker & All-Australian 2019) vs Shaun Atley: 12 disposals, 1 goal, 0 behinds.
Noerth board resident morons: Atley shanked a couple of kicks, delist him.

In fairness Snake, tonight was not his best by any stretch. Granted he kept Walters quiet. However, his turnovers were really costly. If he had’ve played like he did last week, we would’ve been a lot closer tonight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Offers SFA. Senior players on other teams are weapons. Our 200 gamer is closer to a liability than an asset. Horrifically for us, there is no one to replace him with until McDonald is fit. What a miserable season.

In fairness Snake, tonight was not his best by any stretch. Granted he kept Walters quiet. However, his turnovers were really costly. If he had’ve played like he did last week, we would’ve been a lot closer tonight.

In fairness Caracas, he shut down the best small forward in Fremantle history when the ball was walking in to their forward line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
While he still stays on the list & continues getting games ... we are going no where fast .
he is taking the Pi55 out of everyone & we are dumb enough to keep playing him . Can’t wait till Corr & Lmac Get back to kick this useless prick out of our club

I wish he was better than he was with ball in hand. But he isn't. I bitch and moan in the gameday threads but I also accept it. Understanding it is another thing though, the types of errors he make just hurt my mind and soul.

And regardless of whether you like him, hate him, don't rate him, or want to felate him... He isn't getting pushed out of the squad any time soon. There's ******* no one in the VFL to replace him with. Our injury list is cooked, and both teams are suffering in the arsehole because of it.

I wish he was better than he was with ball in hand. But he isn't. I b*tch and moan in the gameday threads but I also accept it. Understanding it is another thing though, the types of errors he make just hurt my mind and soul.

And regardless of whether you like him, hate him, don't rate him, or want to felate him... He isn't getting pushed out of the squad any time soon. There's ******* no one in the VFL to replace him with. Our injury list is cooked, and both teams are suffering in the arsehole because of it.

Turn it up! Pheonix Spicer would be a FAR better choice!:D:D:D

He actually can’t kick. I have grown accustomed to accepting he’ll turn it over so that I’m not continually let down.

He is part of a team that would have the worst users of the footy ever assembled.

I wish he was better than he was with ball in hand. But he isn't. I b*tch and moan in the gameday threads but I also accept it. Understanding it is another thing though, the types of errors he make just hurt my mind and soul.

very accurate read on current scenario.

I have never been an atley basher, but I do have to concede he does need a spell, his skill errors have been killing us lately. I thought menadue was good tonight and could potentially play ats role.
Having said that, I hate reading some of the abuse he gets, not only on here but probably more so on social media. Makes me crook. Maybe a bit of time in the 2s can get everyone off his back. Pro sports a ******* brutal industry these days with social media and the internet.
He may have never turned into the player we had all hoped, but he's had a decent career for nmfc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back