Player Watch #18: Wil Dawson - #22 in '23 ND - 11d/8m vs CFC in VFL - T.Lynch says 'best game for the club'

Remove this Banner Ad

It took McKay a while to develop, so I'm expecting the same here.
being the same height as Mckay does not make them twins,in my opinion his intent on the man and the contest is way ahead of Mckay at same age,i expect him to come on quicker than you think

zoolander.gif

I can’t believe we took Zac Dawson’s son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wil Dawson – No.18​

A two-metre prospect from Gippsland, Wil Dawson has taken the locker most recently occupied by Greenwood.

Tom Allison wore No.18 in 106 games from 1963 to 1970, and his son Brett went on to play in 219 games and two premierships, though he set out on his own path in No.33.

The younger Allison often shared a forward line with Wayne Carey, among the most dominant players of his generation given his unparalleled contested marking and ability to get up the ground and find the ball.

With the No.18 on his back, Carey went on to play 272 games, boot 727 goals, captain the club to two premierships and consistently thrill spectators at the Roos’ then-home at the MCG.

The next player to make an impact in the No.18 was Shaun Atley, a dashing and dependable back flanker and ball-winner who featured in 234 games from 2011 to 2021.

Paul Feltham also wore the number in six of his seven seasons at Arden Street, and was among the best in the 1975 Grand Final win with 25 disposals and a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back