Past #19: Sam Wright - "Mr September" - retiring from AFL in Round 20 - thanks Slammin' Sam

Remove this Banner Ad

one of my favourites, would have to be one of the first picked every week wouldn't he?

rarely gets goals kicked on him and sets up so well.

the ultimate role player. If he could get his hands on it more across half back, say 22-24 touches a game, we'd be a lot closer to winning a few more.

Things happen when he has the pill in his hands.

In addition to everything that's already been said lately, I admire his willingness to stand his ground and mark the footy, despite knowing he's going to get crunched.
I completely agree with this. Courage is not something that has always been obvious in Wright, skills and good decision making yes, but I've never seen him as someone who's particularly hard or courageous yet he's as willing as anyone, and more than some, to stand under the high ball or go back with the flight knowing he's going to be crunched. He is an admirable player these days.

We need to remember too, that he intercepted the mark in the elimination final that started our push forward in that game. He and Brown were the catalysts of that win. I'm a big fan!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_lwgn39SBcE1qe1x8qo1_1280.jpg

Hahahha, Embrace your inner Rodman, Sammy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back