Game Day 1ST TEST: Straya V Pakies

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't care
Sure Jan GIF

I'm glad someone occasionally replying to you makes you feel needed

If Pakistan were any worse they'd be the Carltank of cricket
You want worse? Guess who else is coming to Australia this summer.......

Two definitions of optimism:
  • a Pakistani batsman with sunscreen on his nose
  • a Pakistani bowler WITHOUT sunscreen on his nose

Mathew Hayden is unlistenable.
What a bogan.
So is Langer, it's like he wants to get rid of his angry gnome reputation by being super syrupy nice. But it is just cringe.

Ponting is the best one.

I wish Ponting didn’t talk so fast.
Yeah, there is that, but at least he has a cricketing brain. What about the channel 9 classics? So good. You just don't miss something until it is gone.

Yeah, there is that, but at least he has a cricketing brain. What about the channel 9 classics? So good. You just don't miss something until it is gone.
1983 Ashes series in Australia - Australia wins the toss and bats first. Boon bunts the first ball of the match into the off side and pinches a single. Tony Greig announces, "And Australia is off the mark almost immediately."

Bill Lawry mocks him by saying, "How much more immediate do you want it, Tony?" :)

You want worse? Guess who else is coming to Australia this summer.......

Two definitions of optimism:
  • a Pakistani batsman with sunscreen on his nose
  • a Pakistani bowler WITHOUT sunscreen on his nose
an Optimist buys a ticket to the 5th day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1983 Ashes series in Australia - Australia wins the toss and bats first. Boon bunts the first ball of the match into the off side and pinches a single. Tony Greig announces, "And Australia is off the mark almost immediately."

Bill Lawry mocks him by saying, "How much more immediate do you want it, Tony?" :)
LOL. Bit early for me but that mob went on for so long they became a staple of my youth. I remember that if a bowler or batter was dishing up rubbish they would call it out. Don't get that much these days.

Last edited:
LOL. Bit early for me but that mob went in for so long they became a staple of my youth. I remember that if a bowler ot batter was dishing up rubbish they would call it out. Don't get that much these days.
The original channel 9 cricket commentators with Richie, Tony Grieg, Maxxy, Bill Lawry, Chappelli and co were the goat.

The original channel 9 cricket commentators with Richie, Tony Grieg, Maxxy, Bill Lawry, Chappelli and co were the goat.
I remember them all except Maxxy. I know him as "tangles" and his WWOS stuff. Just don't remember him as a cricket commentator.

I do remember people bitching about the old school commentator's. Now they can bitch about worse!

Kerry O'Keefe was good on the ABC as well. I remember one the Poms were flogging us at the SCG, so Skull wasn't too keen to talk about the onfield action. Instead he started talking about Mike Hussey - Mr. Cricket. He says to Jim Maxwell, "Jim, are you aware that Mr. Cricket's children's names are Jiminy and Let's Play?" :)

Kerry O'Keefe was good on the ABC as well. I remember one the Poms were flogging us at the SCG, so Skull wasn't too keen to talk about the onfield action. Instead he started talking about Mike Hussey - Mr. Cricket. He says to Jim Maxwell, "Jim, are you aware that Mr. Cricket's children's names are Jiminy and Let's Play?" :)
Yes and no. Sometimes he was funny but sometimes he was cringe, especially when he laughs at his own jokes. Still better than the shite they dish up these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back