Past #2: Brad McKenzie - pick #18 '11 draft - delisted end '16 season - 37 games for NM - Norwood '17

Remove this Banner Ad

Behind Taz I'd argue that he was our best defender.

Liked his game. Will be in my votes.

Does he know how to pick up the ball ffs

So overrated. If there weren't kick outs he would hardly get a touch.

Also his kicking is overrated. Doesn't hit a lot of targets.

Lyons killed him

One of his best games.

MuYgdEh.png

In conclusion, Brad McKenzie is a land of contrast.

I thought he was underwhelming.
A bit like a talented u18 playing seniors taking our kick outs, didn't take the game on or take any risks.
Also for an elite kick his shots on goal were atrocious.
Also a few times he had to line the ball and take the tackle and he didn't.
Suckling won flags playing this way so who knows.

Has played 30 games and has improved immensely since his first. I wouldn't say he's killing it but he is playing his role effectively enough. If he continues to improve on the trajectory he has, we will have a pretty good player on our hands when he's played 50-100 games.

Too predictable.... they always had more numbers at the contest with his kick outs.... kick to self, bomb long down the line, it was 2011 all over again.

People are way too harsh on someone who's played 30 games, thought he was good last night without being great, sure he missed a couple of shots for goal but in general every time he gets the ball he hits a target which apart from Harvey you probably can't say for anyone else.

Too predictable.... they always had more numbers at the contest with his kick outs.... kick to self, bomb long down the line, it was 2011 all over again.
There was one kick out were Scotty T was sitting in the back left pocket and he could see we were out numbered on that side. He was pointing to the other side to tell Brad to go that way, but no Brad went to the left with a long bomb. You could see Thomos head drop with a mutter of "here we "******* go again!

People are way too harsh on someone who's played 30 games, thought he was good last night without being great, sure he missed a couple of shots for goal but in general every time he gets the ball he hits a target which apart from Harvey you probably can't say for anyone else.
Didnt see him hit targets last night.

So he had an off night. He's played a lot more consistently than some more senior players who seem to escape criticism
it's not that, people saw he got like 20+ possies and suddenly claiming he played a good game.... he sucked, couldn't get it out of our back line....just bombing it high and long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Torched the footy, still terrible at times. Shown a bit more than previous however.

He's lucky (along with Mullett, who was also poor) to be getting games due to our ridiculous injury list.

I wouldn't expect either to play later in the year assuming we get the players back that we expect.

Last edited:
Suckling won flags playing this way so who knows.

Suckling was surrounded by very good players who meant he could hide and play such a limited role.

BMac doesn't have that luxury, he has to earn a spot as a more complete footballer.

it's not that, people saw he got like 20+ possies and suddenly claiming he played a good game.... he sucked, couldn't get it out of our back line....just bombing it high and long
that's just completely untrue. The times he kicked it long on the kickouts were because he had either drew brown or Goldy on. That's not poor it's atactic unfortunately all 3 of those were getting beaten on the night but you can't blame bmac for that. When there was a better option he went for it and more often than not hit the target, but people on here in their infinite footballing wisdom seem to want him to not only hit targets but invent targets that aren't there. He can only kick to what he's being offered and when they're covering all the other options he has no choice but to go long down the line! Sorry that's probably too much logic for bigfooty after a loss...

While not setting the world on fire i feel like BMac in the last two weeks is starting to believe he belongs.
Alot of players like Jacobs,Wright etc were written of by alot of us.
Some players need more time...

Seems to be a bit of a marmite player here. I thought he was easily in our best 5 players last night and used the ball well for the most part. It's most likely team rules that unless there's a clear option when exiting the defensive 50 to kick it long, trust our talls and force a stoppage. Not sure he can be blamed for kicking it long, especially if there were no clear options available.

So the gameplan is not bomb it to the left flank, but precision bomb it to the left flank.
And rinse and repeat.

Not once did we switch the play or take risks.
youre never gonna see switches when its wet weather and windy!

that's just completely untrue. The times he kicked it long on the kickouts were because he had either drew brown or Goldy on. That's not poor it's atactic unfortunately all 3 of those were getting beaten on the night but you can't blame bmac for that. When there was a better option he went for it and more often than not hit the target, but people on here in their infinite footballing wisdom seem to want him to not only hit targets but invent targets that aren't there. He can only kick to what he's being offered and when they're covering all the other options he has no choice but to go long down the line! Sorry that's probably too much logic for bigfooty after a loss...
people seem to forget that it was wet and windy last night so percentage play is to go down the line unless something is clearly on! also i dint remember him going long and tur ing iver down the line some players kick dow. the line and to advantage to there teammate and turn it over

You could ask that question of about 6 current players...

Drew wouldnt even get a game atm
half our list wouldnt if you ask other supporters! doesnt mean theyre not quality afl players brad scotts even said yoi wont see many roos players in teams of the year or winning brownlows because thats not our gane style! we rely on an contribution which is one of the reasons i feel we are good come finals we dont need a danger or ablett to dominate for us to win

half our list wouldnt if you ask other supporters! doesnt mean theyre not quality afl players brad scotts even said yoi wont see many roos players in teams of the year or winning brownlows because thats not our gane style! we rely on an contribution which is one of the reasons i feel we are good come finals we dont need a danger or ablett to dominate for us to win

Danger or Ablett sure would of come in handy the last 5 odd weeks as the attrition certainly didnt get us over the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back