Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed we didnt give W80 another year due to the lack of support Brown would get, but he's made the most of his opportunity since getting a regular gig, can't underestimate how important he is to our forward set up now. Made it a successful transition in the end.

Love his workrate, more guys we have in the team like him, Z, and Pittard who put in each week will make us a much better team in the long run.

Well done Dish Larkey.

I had a moment where he clunked one in front of me on the Docklands wing.

Didn't even fly for it, had timed his run so perfectly he stuck his hands out and clunked it in one.

I reckon he can be as good as Ben.

Last edited:

From a development stand point two things really stands out to me.

The vast majority of key position players that get drafted take a long time to develop their tank. Larkey already has an elite running capacity for a big man. Huge Tick.

The other thing that usually slows the development of talls is their lack of game awareness/timing/leading patterns. Larkey has all these features in spades which enables him to find space and create space for his teammates. Another huge tick.

Another pre-season into the shoulders and core and he’ll really have the ability to stamp his authority on games on a more consistent basis.

From a development stand point two things really stands out to me.

The vast majority of key position players that get drafted take a long time to develop their tank. Larkey already has an elite running capacity for a big man. Huge Tick.

The other thing that usually slows the development of talls is their lack of game awareness/timing/leading patterns. Larkey has all these features in spades which enables him to find space and create space for his teammates. Another huge tick.

Another pre-season into the shoulders and core and he’ll really have the ability to stamp his authority on games on a more consistent basis.

And when he gets his ticker fixed, it'll be even better. Huger tick!

Disappointed we didnt give W80 another year due to the lack of support Brown would get, but he's made the most of his opportunity since getting a regular gig, can't underestimate how important he is to our forward set up now. Made it a successful transition in the end.

Love his workrate, more guys we have in the team like him, Z, and Pittard who put in each week will make us a much better team in the long run.

Well done Dish Larkey.
If Waite got another year, there's no way Larkey plays as many games as he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit I was wrong about Nick. I saw his one possession game and thought the club had got it wrong. The year in the VFL worked wonders and when Jarrod Waite was a big wrap for him, i was on board. Has had a terrific year and is the future of our club for years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back