NFL 2004 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

With the season about to kick off, predictions for the season ahead.

AFC East : New England
AFC North: Baltimore
AFC South: Indianapolis
AFC West: Kansas City

AFC Champion: Kansas City over Indianapolis

NFC East: Philadelphia
NFC North: Detroit
NFC South: New Orleans
NFC West: Seattle

NFC: Philadelphia (finally!) over Seattle

Superbowl: Philadelphia

Re: NFL Superbowl/Division Title Predictions

AFC Champion: Baltimore over New England

NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: Carolina

NFC: Seattle over Green Bay (hope not)

Superbowl: Baltimore

AFC Champion: New England over Indianapolis

NFC: Philadelphia

Superbowl: New England(who with signing RB cory Dillion have got better)

AFC East: New England
AFC North: Cincinati
AFC West: Denver

AFC Champions: Indianapolis over New England

NFC North: Minnesota

NFC Champions: Minnesota over Philidelphia

Superbowl: Indianapolis

AFC North: Cincinnati (Boller is a dud)

AFC Champion: New England

NFC North: Minnesota (Drafted well)
NFC South: Atlanta (Vick is back)

NFC Champion: Philadelphia

Superbowl: New England

AFC North: Pittsburgh (bias call I know but D guru > D.LeBeau is back!!)

AFC Champion: Pittsburgh over Indianapolis

NFC: Philadelphia over Minnesota

Superbowl: Team from PENN State...one for the thumb thanx ;)

AFC North: Cincinnati GO THE MIGHTY BENGALS
AFC South: Tennessee

AFC champion: Tennessee over Cincinnati

NFC South: New Orleans
NFC West: St Louis

NFC Champion

Philadelphia over New Orleans

Superbowl: Tennessee over Philadelphia

AFC North: Cincinnati

NFC South: Atlanta

NFC Champion: Atlanta

Superbowl: Atlanta

DEVO said:
AFC North: Cincinnati

NFC Champion: Atlanta

Superbowl: Atlanta

I would go for that...and we are off to the perfect start, 2-0 after 2 games!!

C'mon Atlanta!!

here are my predictions, for what thet are worth

AFC West: Denver
Wildcards: NY Jets & Tennessee
AFC Champ: New England over Indianapolis

NFC West: St Louis
Wildcards: Chicago & Seattle
NFC champ: Atlanta over Philadelphia

Superbowl: Atlanta over New England

Dasher39 said:
I would go for that...and we are off to the perfect start, 2-0 after 2 games!!

C'mon Atlanta!!

Now 3-0, and the good thing is we are learning to win ugly. We beat the Cardinals 6-3. Vick wasn't great, but our defence was surperb, admittingly against possibly the worst offence in history, but it's confidence booster nonetheless.

DEVO said:
Now 3-0, and the good thing is we are learning to win ugly. We beat the Cardinals 6-3. Vick wasn't great, but our defence was surperb, admittingly against possibly the worst offence in history, but it's confidence booster nonetheless.
Falcon’s fans get excited about anything these days. Sure 3-0 is a good start for them, but I'd wait until next week before you start thinking the playoffs. The Falcons are one-dimensional atm, and when they start playing decent run defences they will get smashed. Vick is a fantastic scrambling QB, but he needs to remember he's a QB first and foremost. Too often he ignores the first passing option with his running ability the fallback option. It wont be too long and his receivers will get sick of merely being blockers. Once they stop running routes hard and the run breaks down, the Falcons are in trouble.

Christ if Arizona could hold onto the ball, it would have been an embarrassing loss

JeffDunne said:
Falcon’s fans get excited about anything these days. Sure 3-0 is a good start for them, but I'd wait until next week before you start thinking the playoffs. The Falcons are one-dimensional atm, and when they start playing decent run defences they will get smashed. Vick is a fantastic scrambling QB, but he needs to remember he's a QB first and foremost. Too often he ignores the first passing option with his running ability the fallback option. It wont be too long and his receivers will get sick of merely being blockers. Once they stop running routes hard and the run breaks down, the Falcons are in trouble.

Christ if Arizona could hold onto the ball, it would have been an embarrassing loss

Who is thinking about Playoffs???
It's the first time since "God Can't Rememeber When" we started the season 3-0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JeffDunne said:

I aint thinking playoffs at the moment, but you have to admit it is a great start to the season by the Falcons. 3-0 for the first time since 1998 IIRC, so it is all going well at the moment. Our offense might not be firing on all cylinders at the moment, but lets not forget they are playing a new style of offense this year, so it will take time to adjust.

But as you say next week against Carolina will be a big test for us!!

Sorry guys if I came accross a little harsh in my criticism. I do get a little sick of the Vick hype though. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of his, but they are going to destroy him if they cannot build a balanced offence around him. He seems to think that he needs to make every play - and wth performances like today, why wouldn't he?

Although I'm a NO Saints fan, and the Falcons are divisional rivals, I do have a soft spot for them (must be the colours). And as much as I like watching Vick in full flight, I'll be more than happy for Carolina to tear him to pieces next week. I believe it's a telecast game too.

JeffDunne said:
Sorry guys if I came accross a little harsh in my criticism. I do get a little sick of the Vick hype though. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of his, but they are going to destroy him if they cannot build a balanced offence around him. He seems to think that he needs to make every play - and wth performances like today, why wouldn't he?

Although I'm a NO Saints fan, and the Falcons are divisional rivals, I do have a soft spot for them (must be the colours). And as much as I like watching Vick in full flight, I'll be more than happy for Carolina to tear him to pieces next week. I believe it's a telecast game too.

Hey, I dont mind criticism, but only when it is warranted. The Falcons are 3-0 and while they had a bad game offensively yesterday, I dont think its time for panic stations just yet. I think the heirachy at Atlanta would be happy with this start to the season.

Vick does get a lot of hype, but ypu have to admit he is good at what he does. He is learning a new style of offense, and also is learning to limit his runs. This will take time, but it will come.

I for one cant wait for the Carolina game, and I do hope it is telecast on Fox Sports, because I looked on ESPN and they arent showing it. Fox Sports TV Guide doesnt extend to Sunday/Monday at the moment.

Dasher39 said:
Hey, I dont mind criticism, but only when it is warranted. The Falcons are 3-0 and while they had a bad game offensively yesterday, I dont think its time for panic stations just yet. I think the heirachy at Atlanta would be happy with this start to the season.
I thought you might find this interesting Dasher :

Falcons' wide receiver Peerless Price has only caught eight passes this year, but he doesn't want anyone to think it's because he's have a hard time getting open. "Didn't nobody cover me all day," Price told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution following Sunday's win over the Cardinals. "I'm tired of people believing and thinking that (defenders have been covering him). They didn't show us anything different than what we studied. We just didn't execute."

This is the problem I was getting at in earlier posts. From what I've seen of the Falcons this season, Vick has constantly missed open receivers by looking to roll out of the pocket first and passing as a second option. Once receivers lose confidence in the QB to get them the ball, they stop runing the routes hard. Once this happens, the defence can focus on shutting down the run. Against the Panthers, Atlanta better change this formula or they'll get belted.

Woodson said:
AFC North: Pittsburgh (bias call I know but D guru > D.LeBeau is back!!)

AFC Champion: Pittsburgh over Indianapolis

NFC: Philadelphia over Minnesota

Superbowl: Team from PENN State...one for the thumb thanx ;)

Five outta 8....not bad. I still agree with my AFC match up but the NFC match up looks SHOT ! (Both ways)

At this stage, with two wildcard games completed, I'm predicting a STEELERS
SB championship over Green Bay.

Kansas City has to be the big disappointment in the AFC. I was hoping this thread would slowly disappear - thanks phat or marcuz for making it a sticky. :eek:

Disappointments galore in the NFC. Detroit started well but unravelled quickly. But New Orleans again the big disappointment for me, starting poorly and finishing well - at least that was original. :mad:

Seattle though the biggest flop in NFC this year. A Divisional title has never come so easy, and then to fail against the Rams yet again, you have to think they’ve missed their window of opportunity.
:(

Seems most people expect NE to win, based on reputation, but I feel it is Philly's time.

Remember Philly went 13-3 and two of those losses where the last two games of the season when they rested McNabb and weren't serious. So, they have only "really" lost one game that means something.

It is much like the AFL Grand Final in 2004. One team is the reigning champs who are favourites. The other is a team who has choked for the previous three season but has finally got to the final game. Like Port Adelaide everyone just expects Philly to fall over again like they did in 2004,03,02, but like the Power I just feel it is their time.

Philly, 20-14.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back