2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, could I have your opinion please?

I'v got enough money to bring in one of these three players,
Hodge
Gilbert
Urquart

Hodge gives me about $200 left in the kitty while the others save some cash, not sure who to go for, also already got Fisher and Goddard so don't know about three saints in defense or do you think this is a non issue?

Cheerd guys
TBH i dont like any of them Gilbert and Urquart IMO i dont think they will keep it up and for hodge it is a bit hard for him to get good score each week when getting tagged i would go for someone like mackie or bock(might not play this week though) but if you had to get one of them i would go hodge as the safest option.

Hey guys, could I have your opinion please?

I'v got enough money to bring in one of these three players,
Hodge
Gilbert
Urquart

Hodge gives me about $200 left in the kitty while the others save some cash, not sure who to go for, also already got Fisher and Goddard so don't know about three saints in defense or do you think this is a non issue?

Cheerd guys
i dont think its an issue mate. gilbert seems to be playing the fisher role from the last 2 years in setting up the play from half back. looking the goods so far averaging 90 i think he will play that role most of the year and average 85-90 at seasons end so could be a handy 6th or 7th back.

hodgey has stuggled early on only averaging 80. definetly capable of averaging 95 like last year but you just wouldnt know with the hard tags he getting. i think hes probably gana end up averaging between 85-95. he should find sum form shortly when they get a few back. has a be of over 100 so might come down a little more. but is a good pick up

urquhart is a little bit of an unknown. has scored back to back 100s and seems to finding a heap of the pill. i rekan he could become a 7th backmen averaging 80-85 maybe but its all a bit of guessing game with him. it may be his breakout year. if you wana be safe go with the other two or if you wana take a risk go for urquhart.

dont think it is worth it as in the end its
trade 1: haselby to coughlan
trade 2: raines to premium
trade 3: 200k+ rookie to 84k rookie
trade 4: coughlan to premium

4 trades for the points you get for the premium playing until you trade raines, assuming haselby and coughlan score the same which they should

think you should downgrade somone else if you want to upgrade raines or just take the 0 especially considering many people are going to be playing with 1 or 2. dont know your team so cant say who else you could downgrade
Why would you trade Hase on the back of 110 odd and obvious improvement every week for someone who hasn't played in 3 years. Waste of a trade.

john anthony out for pav or davey or beau dowler(140k-save 110k) or jonathon brown! for 20k less than davey and pav.
thoughts people?

Guys, I'm in a bit of do-do this week.

With prior commitments, I won't be able to see the teams at 5pm (I have work prior to this)

With saying that I can't wait in seeing if Petrenko is named.

So here is my situation, 1 trade remaining this week with 190k in the bank.

My non playing players this week are:

Raines (still holding on)
Houlihan
Lucas
Skipworth (considering I've held onto him for this long, I'll keep him)

I feel Scotty has done his job in going up in price so I'm looking at offloading him to Gia or Buddy.

However, if NC pulls a dodgy selection and drop's the Trenko, I'll have a doughnut on field.

So, should I offload Houli (who I believe is a keeper) or Scotty?

EDIT: My current playing rookies are; Warren, Petrenko, Suban, Hill and Brown (If I choose not to drop Scotty)

Note i also posted this in another thread with next to no response.

Hmm i've analysed my options.

Without going into too much detail i'd like to hear which scenario people would much rather end up with. I've purposely left out names so it doesn't influence the choice.

Would you rather have:

A) 15 Trades left :: $33k :: With no playing subs :: 2 Mid upgrades needed :: One sub can be cashed, one is rookie priced

B) 15 Trades left :: $7k :: One playing sub :: 2 Mid upgrades needed :: Both subs are rookie priced

Man i need some help...

I just did Dalzeill > Murphy. I have 286k in the bank and 16 trades left, 1 this round. All my players that are out are bolded.

I think i should upgrade Robinson to a keeper to save my zero in the middle, but who? If it was your team what would you do ???

Defenders
1. Cornes, C.2. Lockyer, T 3. Goddard, B 4. Drummond, J 5. Newman, C 6. Hill, S 7. Petrenko, J

8. Cheney, K
9. Raines, A

Midfield
10. Gibbs, B 11. Murphy, M 12. Selwood, J 13. Rich, D 14. Beams, D 15. T Tuck,

16. Ablett, G - Will not trade@!!!
17. Robinson, M

Ruclks
18. Cox, D 19. White, J

20. Jacobs, S 21. Spencer, J

Forwards
22. Higgins, S 23. Deledio, B 24. Houlihan, R 25. Franklin, 26. Ziebell, 27. Walker, T 28. Warren, B

29. Didak, A 3. Sidebottom, S

Has anyone got any Godly knowledge. I won't be trading out Houlihan, Didak, frontbum, Ablett or Beams. I think my options are

J White > Hmac
or
Robinson > ??? downgrade ? for money to do beams upgrade eventually.
or Robinson > Upgrade???

Argh the pressure! Who to upgrade to?

What are peoples thoughts on Ryder? Looking at trading him in for Petrenko if he is dropped this week. He has looked good the last couple of weeks, but not sure how he'll go with Bellchambers coming in now.

He look's like a good option but I consider it to be a big risk as shown by his game last week where everyone expected for him to dominate against a weak Brisbane ruckline. But it is these kind of risk's that can elevate you up the rankings.

My verdict: he isn't a keeper, so stay away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, I'm in a bit of do-do this week.

With prior commitments, I won't be able to see the teams at 5pm (I have work prior to this)

With saying that I can't wait in seeing if Petrenko is named.

So here is my situation, 1 trade remaining this week with 190k in the bank.

My non playing players this week are:

Raines (still holding on)
Houlihan
Lucas
Skipworth (considering I've held onto him for this long, I'll keep him)

I feel Scotty has done his job in going up in price so I'm looking at offloading him to Gia or Buddy.

However, if NC pulls a dodgy selection and drop's the Trenko, I'll have a doughnut on field.

So, should I offload Houli (who I believe is a keeper) or Scotty?

EDIT: My current playing rookies are; Warren, Petrenko, Suban, Hill and Brown (If I choose not to drop Scotty)

What are peoples thoughts on my situation

In short should I use two backline rookies or forward rookies this week?

Well I see the situation like this..

Cook - out replaced by Knights.
Griffin - out replaced by Moran and named on field.

Leaves Maric, Bock, Symes, Petrenko, Shirley, Dangerfield, Petrenko.

Bock has been listed as having a possible hamstring strain and will be removed if he gets through training. Maric will replace him as a tall for tall if he doesn't come up at Saturday morning training - so Bock will be named tonight.

Would find it hard to believe that either Petrenko or Dangerfield will be dropped. Petrenko was pretty good last week, if he were going to be dropped it was the week before after a horror game. Shirley has been a EMG all year. I'd take the punt on Pets playing TBH. Symes is the question mark, a player who knows no other way but to play hard in a week where the Crows have been labeled soft.

Bench: Knights, Bock, Dangferfield, Petrenko
EMG: Symes, Shirley, Maric

Would not be surprised to see Symes come in though.

Right.

Got a problem.

Midfield - Stanton, Gibbs, Selwood, Rich, Otten, Tuck, Ablett, Hartlett

Forwardline - Higgins, Pav, Richo, Zeibell, Krakouer, J Reiwoldt, Deledio, M Brown and Hentschell

Thinking of two things:

The obvious - Trading Richo which will give me 400K to choose most players...but cannot decide who to trade for...

Otherwise

Trade Ablett out for Bartel - gain a little cash and a strong midfield.

Option two means Brown plays.

Option one means Otten plays...

Any advice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I see the situation like this..
Would not be surprised to see Symes come in though.

Cheers mate.

I do agree with you in when you said that if PET were to get dropped it of been the game before.

Whilst I didn't watch the Showdown, it surely would be up there with one of his better games?

So the question is then

Lucas > Gia or Buddy (Buddy's in consistency infuriates me to no end)

EDIT: Im considering Goody aswell, I have enough cash to get Roo though but I'd rather have some spare change to upgrade other players down the track.

My forward line is as is: Chapman, Higgins, JBrown, Deledio, Pav, Lucas, Mitch Brown

hey guys, any help on this team:
18 trades in the kitty and $136,000.

Sub Houla out for Mitch Brown this week, see if he returns next week.

Trade Lucas out you will have 400k....these are the forward options.

S Johnson $389k, 128 BE
Fev $364k, 65 BE
Brown $351 64 BE
Franklin $346, 132 BE
Gia $328, 90 BE

There are others like Stokes, Aker etc though IMO they are a little risky for different reasons. That will avoid you getting a 0 but your backs are looking a bit shaky.

I'd look at trading out Robinson perhaps for some extra cash....then next maybe upgrading Petrenko to a Mackie type (depending on how much he rises)

Good luck :thumbsu:

What are people's thoughts on me trade plans? :)

(1) Tuck to Coughlan ($206,000, 14 trades)
Cheney/Petrenko to Gilbert/Mackie

THEN

Beams to DeBoer/Cockie (~$105,000)
Lucas to Delidio

OR

(2)Beams to DeBoer/Cockie ($208,000, 14 trades)

Cheney ($339,700) to Harding/Gilbert/Gilbee/Newman/
OR
Petrenko ($355,900) to Mackie/ Hargrave/ Harding/Gilbert/Gilbee/Newman

im doing
richo for steve johnson ($151 000k) change
mitch robinson - coughlan ($129 500k) change

cant decide on who to trade out this week for jbrown
lucas or walker???
i reckon walker has peaked...and i will be trading him out next wk or the wk after if i trade lucas this wk..
i have the cash to do walker this week...
i guess it wont make any difference which one i choose i guess..

Hi everyone. I'm looking at a zero this week in my defence if Cheney isn't named. I have 276K to spend.
dreamteamdefenders.jpg

If Cheney isn't named I'm thinking of doing:

Cheney -----> Lockyer

However my initial plan was to do:

Petrenko ----> Goddard

Is it worth copping the zero and pick up Goddard or should I do the Cheney trade and start two rookies?

Anyone got an opinion on Aaron Edwards? Averaging 80 to date. Thinking about trading Lucas out, as I may have 3 donuts this week. May also be trading Houlihan out for Mackie.

hmm im almost considering doing a Beams -> Coughlan trade despite having 6 playing mids. Beams will have to break back into the side which would be hard for a rookie and Coughlan would have to be terribly unlucky to get injured yet again. The upside IS huge.

the only iffy players in my side are M Brown and Petrenko. hoping they both make the cut so there's no zeroes for me. houlihan, broughton, raines, didak better come back next week.

To avoid copping any zero's my only option is to trade out both Ablett and Houlihan.

So here are my options:

Option 1:
Ablett- Swan
Houlihan- Mackie/Hodge (not sure which one?)

Option 2:
Ablett- Kornes
Houlihan- Lockyer

Option 3:
Ablett- Corey
Houlihan - Enright

Those are what i am tossing up at the moment.

Thoughts would be appreciated :)?

Bump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back