Game Day 2023 Fantasy Round 4 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worst ever fantasy week since 2021 when I started, 1871. Witts late out a factor but also can't take carrying McGrath, Macrae any longer as well as not owning Daicos or Oliver. Ah boy, onto the next. Witts to English and Macrae to Daicos and hope McGrath doesnt kill me next week. If Day and Ginbey miss then am forced to grab a defender.

honestly what did people expect from Stewart? the guy has religiously found a way to stuff up our fantasy teams for years. whether it be a tag, injury, suspension etc. He should be alongside Whitfield on the never again list.
Nearly caught up to uber premo Laird though so he can’t have been all bad.

Nearly caught up to uber premo Laird though so he can’t have been all bad.
heath ledger joker GIF

That time of the week again for danster168 's soliloquy on Laird..

2043, moved up from 20k to 13k which I will take. Considering I had to field moyle I felt I had a good round.

Witts to English and Uwland to Fahey/Ryan will probably be my moves.

Geez! Peeps on here complaining about scores over 2k and a rise in the rankings......

1979, won my Div2 matchup by 2pts and a rise in rankings from 55k to 42k

The only thing that saved my team from a total disaster was whacking the C on English, otherwise I'd probably have gone backwards (again)

So, how to fix my dumpster fire of a team? And where to start? Guess I have to target the weakest links, so L Jones & Wilmot on the field are probably my biggest worry, Cumming is nearly next but probably trumped by both of JHF & Worpel, did I mention that I have Doc too? Don't have Daicos either, Dunkley, Rozee and JDG also underperforming.

Reckon I have my work cut out for the foreseeable future, hey?

Geez! Peeps on here complaining about scores over 2k and a rise in the rankings......

1979, won my Div2 matchup by 2pts and a rise in rankings from 55k to 42k

The only thing that saved my team from a total disaster was whacking the C on English, otherwise I'd probably have gone backwards (again)

So, how to fix my dumpster fire of a team? And where to start? Guess I have to target the weakest links, so L Jones & Wilmot on the field are probably my biggest worry, Cumming is nearly next but probably trumped by both of JHF & Worpel, did I mention that I have Doc too? Don't have Daicos either, Dunkley, Rozee and JDG also underperforming.

Reckon I have my work cut out for the foreseeable future, hey?
Yeah, I moved up another 5.2K positions just outside the top 15000. Moved up almost 10k positions in the past two weeks. Could have been in the four digits in rankings had Sicily not had a quiet one but oh well, 5k jump is pretty good!

Haven’t had too many injuries and my picks are finally picking up after slow starts.

1968 this week

Fun fact - I also scored 1968 in round 4 last year.

Fun fact #2 - I moved up 4k places

Less fun fact - I've cracked the top 40k

Silver lining fact - My best rank all of last year was 45k

I feel like my trades were solid but Phillipou and Callaghan decided to come out and score points this week. Still, Will Day looks much better on field than Darcy Wilmot or Lachie Cowan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, at least I clawed back nearly 6,000 spots ....once again having the (C) on Laird cost me dearly .....an 84 for a Captain, just doesn't cut it

Also Bailey Smith with an 83 ....just has to go now ....he has a terrible role on HFF
Really thought he'd be a beneficiary of Clubs wanting more speed in the midfield .....additionally, he just doesn't look in a good headspace

So overall, not unhappy

1681119169773.png

Nah was 1 action. 1 weeker at most. Rohan's was much worse. I'll be holding, as he's every bit Top 6 this year thus far - and I just brought him in, haha.
Going by my luck he's missing 2 weeks gets hit by a car next week

A Day suspension and a possible Ginbey resting will make next week interesting
All good, Wilmot/Cowan 40's here we come.
(If they're named)
Easy week on the track is all Ginbey needs. Our injuries should see him named, but he becomes a sub off risk of he's struggling, effectively killing cash gen.

Played man on man in Cameron...was a poor choice given no-one can shut hkm down this season, haha.

Had 31 in the first quarter, and then basically did not touch it in the 2nd half.
Rain also didn't help. Couldn't handball backwards to him sweeping or chippy chippy sideways. Also lost the kick-ins in the second half to Impey and Jiath.

TL : DR Basically everything.

2003 (18,396)

My team is useless.

I have $211K in the kitty.

I had Oliver a lot of preseason, but didn't start with him. I thought Macrae might bounce back.

I could upgrade Macrae to Oliver, but feel there may be other more pressing needs.

I suspect I'll downgrade Constable to Fahey or potentially Johnson, which would leave me with $433K with one trade left. Do I spend most of it, or leave another $200K for the following week ? Those will be my considerations.

Yeah, I moved up another 5.2K positions just outside the top 15000. Moved up almost 10k positions in the past two weeks. Could have been in the four digits in rankings had Sicily not had a quiet one but oh well, 5k jump is pretty good!

Haven’t had too many injuries and my picks are finally picking up after slow starts.

This is such a fickle game!

Round 1 - Flying high and was 141st on 2197pts - how easy is this game (it's not - my highest in all my years doing this)

Just 6 trades later I've scored 1828 and am 21128th. Friggen impossible I would have thought 3 weeks ago.

I had 13 scores under 80 / 7 were 60 or under!

The only changes are:

FWDS
I'm content with this change.
* Flanders to Chandler (Chandler was on my bench form the start and came on the field Round 3) No other on-field changes.

RUCKS
This has really rooted me, yet all the changes happened this week
  • Cameron to McInerney
  • Witts (to bench) in coming Blicavs last minute using trade edit.

MIDS
I'm content with these changes
  • Sheed to Setterfield
  • Callaghan to MCkenzie (off the bench)

DEF
OK, so I flirted with Cox (settle Tigs2010) for two weeks Rnd 2/3, yet this is effectively my only change. It made a small amount of coin. This allowed me to get Blicavs to avoid a sudden donut from Witts (I did toy with PA player Finlayson but his previous game was so crap - if only it had been a bit better and I would likely have chosen him instead)
* Constable to McVee (Constable to bench)

So not the worst calls in the world, and yet the decline is incredible.

#tigs2010 - over to you to say - I TOLD YOU SO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back