2011: A season of domination by the geelong football club

Remove this Banner Ad

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I’d like the Bay to help me with a query.

Has a team (not necessarily just Premiers ) ever beaten 2 rivals, which had a combined winning record of 38 games or greater in the same season, 3 times each in the history of the VFL/AFL?
I really like to know if a previous team has bettered that.

That’s what I called a total domination of a season not the crap ladder some bummer gimp keeps on bringing up at the end of each season. :thumbsu:
the-cup.png

West Coast fans still referring to themselves as last years spooners?
Give me a spell.
Inb4 obvious "offended" jibes.

2007 was more of a season of Domination I think...

Dropped 3 of the 1st 5 then only one more for the year
Brownlow medalist
All most half the All Australian team
Won the 2s flag as well

If we could get you away from that pigsty you call a home ground you wouldn't even make the eight.
When was the last time you had to travel to that pigsty of a home ground?

And when was the last time you beat us at your home ground, the wonderful Etihad Stadium?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time you had to travel to that pigsty of a home ground?

And when was the last time you beat us at your home ground, the wonderful Etihad Stadium?

Matters not, the fact that you play 11 home games on a dump thats designed for old spuds that can only kick sideways with a freezing howling gale whistling through their empty heads is the unfairest advantage in the AFL.

2007 was more of a season of Domination I think...

Dropped 3 of the 1st 5 then only one more for the year
Brownlow medalist
All most half the All Australian team
Won the 2s flag as well

Won every award apart from the Coleman that year as well

Joel Selwood - Ron Evans Medal Rising Star
Jimmy Bartel - Brownlow Medal
Steve Johnson - Norm Smith Medal
Mark Thompson - Jock McHale Medal
James Byrne - J,J Liston Medal VFL Best and Fairest
Tom Lonergan - Norm Goss Medal VFL Grand Final BOG
Gary Ablett - AFLPA MVP

Matters not, the fact that you play 11 home games on a dump thats designed for old spuds that can only kick sideways with a freezing howling gale whistling through their empty heads is the unfairest advantage in the AFL.

Someone sounds sad that there team sold there soul to move away from such a place an wishes he could go back to it

billy_polard_-_there_there.jpg

We play around 7 games there generally.... Against the interstate teams and s**t teams like Melbourne and Noorf.... We would smack all those teams 9 times out of 10 anywhere in vic.

6 - 0 against the other Top 3 teams, with Cawkthorn only losing to 1 team outside the Top 3 all year and Colonwouldnt surprise surprise bending over just for the mighty Catters.

Mayblooms in the H & A lost to Geelong (twice), Collingwood (once), Adelaide (once)
Colonwouldnt in the H & A lost Geelong (twice)

Yep, I'll take that over beating up on cellar dwellers who play their yearly Grand Finals against the Top of the ladder teams.

Pure Ownage right there. :thumbsu:

We play 7 games there. Considering we were 8-1 against fellow top 5 teams this year having played none of them at Skilled, where's the advantage? The only teams we play there are ones we'd beat anywhere anyway.

When you're the best team anyway, it doesn't really matter where you play.

The unfair things is your club feels entitled being bigger and better than Footscray or North that it shouldn't have to travel to play Geelong in Geelong. We're the Geelong Cats, not the Docklands Blues or Richmond Demons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back