Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Just like last seasons thread, a place for all non bulldog supporters to come and ask fantasy related questions about the bulldogs.

I'd expect Boyd to do the same, know what you're going to get. 110+ average in supercoach, 115+ in dreamteam. Griffen could go up to another level average wise, went backwards last year. I'd expect 110+ in supercoach and 105+ in dreamteam. These are our only two 'premium' players.

other players who could come into your considerations would be Libba and Wallis (third year break out candidates). I'd expect both to average 95+.

Hrovat and Goodes should get games from our rookies, Stringer may too but is pricey compared to other rookies. Koby Stevens should play 22 games, average low to mid 80's I'd imagine.

Higgins is 'killing it' like he is every pre season, might finally have his big break out this year. Would be ballsy to pick him.

Feel free to add on and answer opposition supporters questions. :thumbsu:

Also mods can you please sticky this thread like last years, thank you.

How many games will Hrovat play? Is he a lock from round 1?

Thoughts on why Koby will score so well?
I'll be having Hrovat straight away. Macca has said he's likely to be the first of our draftees to play. If he plays like his junior days, I can't see him losing his spot, really. In terms of games, i'm expecting at the very least, like Clay Smith this year - around 15/16 games. Could be more though.

How many games will Hrovat play? Is he a lock from round 1?

Thoughts on why Koby will score so well?
It's a two-way tussle between Lower and Hrovat to play round one, imo. Have a look at them both in the pre-season and see which looks more likely to debut first, then make your decision. :)

I think Koby will benefit greatly from our game style - we have a lot of inside receivers and delivery boys but not many guys on the outside. If he can get into the right position from a stoppage, he'll be getting a hell of a lot of ball. That said, I won't be picking him as I believe there are better options; he's still worth a look though.

I'm hoping Stevens is around the 150k mark which will be an automatic selection for me. Otherwise my only other lock selection will be Matthew Boyd.

I'm curios about Clay Smith & Koby Stevens for the 2013 season.
Steven is a good player, can find the ball but was behind some A Grade footballs at West Coast. Clay got a few runs in 2012 and showed clean hands. They are similar players, obviously Stevens has some more muscle on his bones but I would like to have Stevens on the bench to fatten him up, give him the E.

Do you think there is only room for one of these guys game day?
Will Stevens be snapping at the heals of Dahlhouse? The plucky small wingman?

I'm curios about Clay Smith & Koby Stevens for the 2013 season.
Steven is a good player, can find the ball but was behind some A Grade footballs at West Coast. Clay got a few runs in 2012 and showed clean hands. They are similar players, obviously Stevens has some more muscle on his bones but I would like to have Stevens on the bench to fatten him up, give him the E.

Do you think there is only room for one of these guys game day?
Will Stevens be snapping at the heals of Dahlhouse? The plucky small wingman?
I would expect both to be getting a fair amount of games. Koby will definitely play round 1, imo. But who knows how he'll go.
Clay played 16 games this year, even though he looked pretty tired at times. If he's able to, I think he'll play nearly every game next year.
Koby will be the cheaper option though, but imo, is more risky.

Stevens wont be competing with Dahl. Different sorts of players. If he was though, Dahl would have him covered in terms of a place in the team.

I woudn't pick Stevens unless really cheap. I try not to pick mid range players, either rookies who are cheap and will increase dramatically in value or players good enough to be in your final 22 at the end of the year. I suspect Stevens won't be good enough to be in a side at the end of the year and won't be super cheap

Are we going to do a Bulldog board supercoach? I was the top ranked Bulldog supporter in Australia last year (42nd overall, we as dogs fans suck overall) Looking to back it up in 2013 :)

I woudn't pick Stevens unless really cheap. I try not to pick mid range players, either rookies who are cheap and will increase dramatically in value or players good enough to be in your final 22 at the end of the year. I suspect Stevens won't be good enough to be in a side at the end of the year and won't be super cheap

Are we going to do a Bulldog board supercoach? I was the top ranked Bulldog supporter in Australia last year (42nd overall, we as dogs fans suck overall) Looking to back it up in 2013 :)
:eek: Impressive! I just managed top 9% overall in DT last year - although it was my first year so was pretty happy with that.

As for your question, I'm fairly certain we run both DT and SC leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys, in relation to DT:
- Do you see Lower playing half-back? And could it be a lock-down role?
- Stringer and Hrovat to get 5-10 games each? (Stringer IIRC has a few fitness/gait issues)
Merry Xmas! (Success to you too)

Edit: Sorry, didn't read above posts and wrote in a hurry, but would appreciate an answer to the Lower question.

Hi guys, in relation to DT:
- Do you see Lower playing half-back? And could it be a lock-down role?
- Stringer and Hrovat to get 5-10 games each? (Stringer IIRC has a few fitness/gait issues)
Merry Xmas! (Success to you too)

Edit: Sorry, didn't read above posts and wrote in a hurry, but would appreciate an answer to the Lower question.
If we played Lower at half-back I would be very, very disappointed as I believe that would mean we're mismanaging him. However, it's a possibility, but I doubt it. I'd say he's in direct competition with Hrovat for the round one spot in the centre. Would be a risky pick but could pay off.

Hrovat should play more than 5-10 imo; can see him like Clay Smith was this year. Stringer I'm a little reserved about, only because of his fitness issues. Should play more than five but more than ten may be pushing it imo. Opinions will differ on him and again, it's a risky pick.

Considering Howard as a mid priced back, what is the go on him?
We're waiting on a breakout season from Howard. Has shown bits and pieces, and if he can get his consistency up he would be a fantastic unique pick. Very risky, but could pay off very well. He was absolutely deplorable in the London game though, so I'd suggest giving it the NAB Cup before making a call on him.

Tl;dr: very risky, but would be a unique pick who could pay off well.

Considering Howard as a mid priced back, what is the go on him?
IMO, he'll play every game if he's fit. He seems like he's over his injury troubles that he had earlier in the year, and the start of his career.
Not sure about his worth in a DT/SC sense though. He has shown before that he can get a lot of the ball, but not consistently. He kicks it a lot though, which is good.
He could turn out to be a gem, or he could be another mid priced bust. He'd certainly be pretty unique though, not many people would have him.
Not sure who else will be around his price range, but certainly one you could consider.

Edit: God damnit, Dan. Why do you always do this to me? :p

IMO, he'll play every game if he's fit. He seems like he's over his injury troubles that he had earlier in the year, and the start of his career.
Not sure about his worth in a DT/SC sense though. He has shown before that he can get a lot of the ball, but not consistently. He kicks it a lot though, which is good.
He could turn out to be a gem, or he could be another mid priced bust. He'd certainly be pretty unique though, not many people would have him.
Not sure who else will be around his price range, but certainly one you could consider.

Edit: God damnit, Dan. Why do you always do this to me? :p
I sit at my computer all day, thinking, "How can I beat Igloo today?" :p

Cheers all. thinking of biting the bullet and going two mid priced options down back. so far out of brennan, howard, mckenzie and brodie smith. Good year for mid pricers IMO
A lot of it is just how you play your risk. If you're a risky type fantasy player, by any means go for Howard - we've outlined the pros and cons of picking him. There's also more secure mid priced options out there if that's what you're after.

Just noticed an SC article in the HS this morning, and the one and only bulldogs player to appear in the 30, was Goodes, actually starting in the backline.

Is he a likely starter? If so, he comes at a good price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back