2013 Formula One World Championship - Round One - Australian Grand Prix (14-17 March 2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

And now Vettel gets to qualify in the dry. Dead god, it really is 2011 all over again. :(
Bit early to be declaring that innit? We haven't even finished the first qualy for the year! Plus they said 50% chance of rain tomorrow so no guarantee it will be dry.

Bit early to be declaring that innit? We haven't even finished the first qualy for the year! Plus they said 50% chance of rain tomorrow so no guarantee it will be dry.
Not after what I saw on Friday.

RBR don't exactly struggle in the development race either. The only reason we had a decent season last year is they started from a reasonably low base.

Not after what I saw on Friday.

RBR don't exactly struggle in the development race either. The only reason we had a decent season last year is they started from a reasonably low base.
There were problems reported with Seb's car just before qualy today. Might not be all smooth sailing for him tomorrow.

How's the weather forecast, it's like someone is playing a joke or something. The only real predicted rain is during the morning, so there's a fair chance the track will still be at least damp for qualifying.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/melbourne/melbourne/detailed-forecast

Either way, tomorrow should be fun, even if I'm stuck watching it from home again.:cool:

I live about 10 mins from the track. At 7.30 am this morning it was pi$$ing down. Still light drizzle at the moment but clouds look scary so expect a wet qualifying session. Forecast is for morning showers. The weather radar is a bit more promising so come race time the showers looks like they will clear.

We haven't had rain in Melbourne for 3 months. Can't believe it decided to pay a visit this weekend

I live about 10 mins from the track. At 7.30 am this morning it was pi$$ing down. Still light drizzle at the moment but clouds look scary so expect a wet qualifying session. Forecast is for morning showers. The weather radar is a bit more promising so come race time the showers looks like they will clear.

We haven't had rain in Melbourne for 3 months. Can't believe it decided to pay a visit this weekend

I was just about to post the same thing, the organisers must be cursing.

I was just about to post the same thing, the organisers must be cursing.

Unfortunate but what can you do.

I purchased those Premium Zone Turn 5 tickets for today. I think it replaces the "Sidetracked" area they use to have which was great.

Game plan today:

Watch Qualifying Session on TV.
City for a beer or two around 12pm, probably Crown.
Hit the track around 2 pm.
Head out tonight.
Wake up tomorrow for work which a nasty hangover

There were problems reported with Seb's car just before qualy today. Might not be all smooth sailing for him tomorrow.
You mean him stopping in Practice 3? The "hydraulics problem" was just a faulty sensor giving a false reading. His car's fine.

Rosberg enjoying the rain, back him in for the pole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh great, a red bull front row, this is going to be another follow the red bull season it seems.

We need rain tonight, only hope of a good race, well other than Seb's car failing at some point.

Want an exciting season?
images

RBR 1-2 yet again. Last sector costs Webber pole but gotta be happy with that

Blisters on Sebs rears were interesting. They have been commenting on how he has been unable to control his back end all weekend. Well be interesting to see if this has any effect on his race.

Good on Web for getting 2nd, but #yawnfest at another Redbull front row lockout. The ferrari's have always had great racepace but questionable qualifying pace so with any luck Alonso will be able to sit on Vettel's arse and pressure him.
If its raining at the start then the tyre things go oit the window.

How would everyone feel if the FIA said: "Here you go Red Bull, you can have both titles and Vettel can have every win and pole credited to his precious statistics, but now **** off so we can have a good season."

I'd be totally up for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back