Golf 2013 Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

^^ ken oath. regarldess of being an aussie or not, whoever took that should be staring at a solid pay day.

Harry Kewell actually won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005. It wasn't memorable though because he got injured 20 or so minutes into the final.

As for Scott, absolutely enthralling. Usually don't care about golf, but found myself well on the edge of my seat cheering him on. Golf has to be one of the most nerve-racking sports to watch.

Stevie Gerrard won the Champions League. Harry was just there

you bloody legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even tipped it on BF ;)

I was up till 2am in Holland watching this and at work at 7.30am. Totally stuffed. Hardly slept but bloody hell, what a performance by Adam and all of our boys. Even John Senden did well!!

Never thought I would see an Aussie win the masters. Always seemed like the one that was just not meant to be

What a photo.

BH3abR7CcAA_l7e.jpg:large

we are all witnesses

Vincent Chase

I will go as far as saying I don't like golf, but its great to see someone who's been touted as a bit of a "choker" (please correct me if I'm wrong) get up. Always takes a lot to overcome that sort of thing and people are very quick to cast aspersions without appreciating that the pressure is immense. As a tennis fan its very similar to how Stosur won the US open. Congrats to all the diehard golf fans.

How lucky is my mate. First time at the Masters and he gets to witness an Aussie victory.

I know he would be balling his eyes seeing history in the making.

As an avid golf fan, I was so nervous hoping that one of the Aussies would get the job done.

Well done Adam Scott. You are a legend!!!

Watching that putt on the 18th, watching it roll towards the hole and skirt around the edge then drop in was amazing.

And then Adam's pure emotional reaction and response in a way that it was like he was watching another Australian just win the Masters and yell out "Come on Aussies!" It was sensational and I got emotional with his reaction. He, like the majority of us just thought he had won the Green Jacket.

Then Angel comes and plays an astonishing approach on the 18th to hit it within 3 foot for birdie. Unbelievable golf by Angel. He knocks it in and once again I am sure most of us were having nightmares thinking here we go again.

Onto the playoff which was played wonderfully by both of them under intense pressure. Matches each other shot for shot and Angel was so incredibly close on the 18th, then the 10th to win it.

Adam steps up on the 10th with a 12-foot slightly down hill putt, we hold our collective breath, it rolls straight towards the hole and it drops.

You bloody ripper!!! Got a little emotional watching that this morning and have watched the birdie and Scott's reaction on the 18th so many times today.

Up there as one of Australia's greatest ever individual sporting performances.

How lucky is my mate. First time at the Masters and he gets to witness an Aussie victory.

I know he would be balling his eyes seeing history in the making.

As an avid golf fan, I was so nervous hoping that one of the Aussies would get the job done.

Well done Adam Scott. You are a legend!!!
My mate is on the tour hosted by Corey McKernan. Last week they played Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill and then 5 days at the Masters including the Par 3 tournament. This week they play at the TPC at Sawgrass where the Players Championship course is held. Greg Blewett is part of the tour group as well. Blewett shot 2 under at Pebble Beach (I think he plays off a handicap of 2).

So jealous of him, wish I there to witness history today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at LA airport at a bar watching the final 9 holes and it was incredible even more amazing was I stood next to Vanilla Ice for 10 minutes talking golf only realising at the very end it was him

Most Americans where I was were very happy see an Aussie win

Was at LA airport at a bar watching the final 9 holes and it was incredible even more amazing was I stood next to Vanilla Ice for 10 minutes talking golf only realising at the very end it was him

Most Americans where I was were very happy see an Aussie win
Thats Great. Huge fan of Ice. The guys seems really cool.

Thats Great. Huge fan of Ice. The guys seems really cool.

It was actually Vegas airport sorry

Ripping bloke very down to earth didn't know much about Golf though

That photo above is amazing

when was that taken? was leish part of the group or just watching?

aussie pride? does he have a southern cross tattoo?

:D
They were partnered together in the final round. Picture taken at the 18th of course!

Best thing I love about sport is the emotion it brings out of people. Some people, such as Scott are real quiet down to earth types, but put them on a sporting field that they'll let their emotion show. I'm the same, but at the footy I'll go off my nut cheering the Bombers. It's just awesome to see.