2014 NTFA Season

Remove this Banner Ad

In the south v old l's match darren crawford kicked goals, quarter 1 6.2, quarter 2 2.0, quarter 3 2.0, quarter 4 - benched, in total he kicked 10.2 and was best for south along with aaron viney, and a young kid wearing number 31, sorry i dont know his name

In the south v old l's match darren crawford kicked goals, quarter 1 6.2, quarter 2 2.0, quarter 3 2.0, quarter 4 - benched, in total he kicked 10.2 and was best for south along with aaron viney, and a young kid wearing number 31, sorry i dont know his name
who did they have playing on him? and who turned out for OLs?

who did they have playing on him? and who turned out for OLs?
They had one on one with Crawford and he was the deepest placed in the forward line, old l's did make an interchange to swap his opponent which left Crawford un-maned to kick a goal. Im not aware of the players playing for the old l's but it looked like there was a fair bit of experience there.

few matches on tonight anyone going to watch?
hillwood v evandale
delcity v fingal
longford v scotch
south v st pats
tomorrow bracknell v suns.
anyone heard the rumour of perth folding? i have heard they have lost a few to evandale in doug ryan and damien smith.

hillwood v evandale
delcity v fingal
longford v scotch
south v st pats
anyone heard the rumour of perth folding? i have heard they have lost a few to evandale in doug ryan and damien smith.

That rumuor has been around since last season. Same as the one about Bracknell dropping back to Div 2. I think there will be some changes next year. Many sides in Div one are struggling to field three teams.

Fingal V Deloraine is set to be a full blooded hitout. Both sides will be virtually full strength, with only a handful of players missing.

For Fingal, the following won't be playing tonight:

Michael Rainbow
Todd.Spilsbury
Cameron Bugg
Heath Lowe
Mitch Stagg
George Burn
Clinton Burn
Damien Ross

Likely Team:

B: Goodger, Price, Tr.Davis
HB: Jo.Smart, Sulzberger, M.Williams
C: D.Bardenhagen, Gard, L.Davidson
HF: Trotter, Te.Davis, Laycock
F: A.Smith, Love, M.Lowe
R: Jon.Smart, Tuckerman, Haywood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big changes at Evandale . Jeff Dunne no longer coach . Will more than likely stay on in a assistant role . Doggy Conroy taking over the coaching role. Lost a fair few players . Mainly due to outrageous financial demands (not all ) . Will def. slip back but remain hopeful of being competitive .very good group of young blokes , but will be undersized. Rumour Perth are in big trouble and may fold. Would be sad to see that happen to a once strong proud club.

Big changes at Evandale . Jeff Dunne no longer coach . Will more than likely stay on in a assistant role . Doggy Conroy taking over the coaching role. Lost a fair few players . Mainly due to outrageous financial demands (not all ) . Will def. slip back but remain hopeful of being competitive .very good group of young blokes , but will be undersized. Rumour Perth are in big trouble and may fold. Would be sad to see that happen to a once strong proud club.

Outrageous financial demands hey, I wonder why they expect that.. Perth were a once strong club when they paid a few blokes and when the money dries up they all leave to play elsewhere, now look at them.

Unfortunately Danman this is happening to your own club, they expect to be paid because they have in the past. The funny thing is, as you will probably attest, it doesn't often get you anywhere. I haven't seen many teams being successful in Div 2 buying a premiership lately.

hillwood v evandale
delcity v fingal
longford v scotch
south v st pats

Any results from the Praccy matches over the weekend? I think OL's had one also against a team from Hobart.

I went along and watched the Fingal match, they looked pretty handy and will be right up there again in 2014.

Outrageous financial demands hey, I wonder why they expect that.. Perth were a once strong club when they paid a few blokes and when the money dries up they all leave to play elsewhere, now look at them.

Unfortunately Danman this is happening to your own club, they expect to be paid because they have in the past. The funny thing is, as you will probably attest, it doesn't often get you anywhere. I haven't seen many teams being successful in Div 2 buying a premiership lately.

Yes well Perth paid a fair bit of money for players quite frankly were pretty ordinary . Other factors come into it as well . Perth have recently in the past few years lost a few club stalwarts who had passed before their time . THis has hurt them as well. With Evandale , the players that have left were on reasonable money . But some wanted more . The club decided these players were not worth the money they wanted. Let me stress this isn't the case with every player that has left .we can argue the point about clubs buying flags .but every club pays good money out . It's. balancing act between spending money on good players but not at the expense of a club falling over . I hope Perth don't fall over . Very proud club with a rich history .

perth hasnt ran out of money they just dont want to pay it. They went from being strong to woeful in one pre season because they appointed a coach no one liked so the 2011-2012 they lost 20 of their starting 22. then they got a new president who did want to pay players.

Any results from the Praccy matches over the weekend? I think OL's had one also against a team from Hobart.

I went along and watched the Fingal match, they looked pretty handy and will be right up there again in 2014.
deloraine beat fingal by a goal i was told?
the suns flogged bracknell
south beat st pats by about 6 goals
hillwood beat evandale
longford beat a undermanned scotch.

Went and watch bracknell v's suns, wasn't much of a a game! Bracknell played there under 19s / twos player,prob had 4 senior guys playing if that! Suns won by 30 points, they didnt look much better prob a bottom two side!

Any truth in that Andrew Philpott has left Rocher and gone to the western storm?

Went and watch bracknell v's suns, wasn't much of a a game! Bracknell played there under 19s / twos player,prob had 4 senior guys playing if that! Suns won by 30 points, they didnt look much better prob a bottom two side!

Any truth in that Andrew Philpott has left Rocher and gone to the western storm?

He is listed as an asst coach at Western Storm but apparently still coaching Rocher. Also applied for NTFA rep team coaches job too apparently.

anyone else hear that the lonnie boys that went to Ols have gone back to lonnie apart from derby and finch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back