2016 Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Dellacqua is apparently taking time out from tennis. Not retiring but the concussion injury she suffered has knocked her around a bit and she will need an extended break.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

According to this article it looks like Millman's ankle is OK but Groth has some wrist soreness, the reason for his retirement the other day presumably. Other bits and pieces about other Aussies most of which we already know I think.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/t...n/news-story/374d44a5306f6bbe4901536b17a6a6cc

Wish our bozo journos would research a bit. A recent piece about Groth's matchup with Nadal said,

The horror draw piles on the pain for Groth, who is entering the second grand slam of the year with a blocked nerve in his neck that has twice forced him to retire from matches in the past month and has hampered preparations.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/rafael-nadal-ready-to-suffer-against-groth-20160520-gp0fhd.html

Wish our bozo journos would research a bit. A recent piece about Groth's matchup with Nadal said,

The horror draw piles on the pain for Groth, who is entering the second grand slam of the year with a blocked nerve in his neck that has twice forced him to retire from matches in the past month and has hampered preparations.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/rafael-nadal-ready-to-suffer-against-groth-20160520-gp0fhd.html

Yeah I saw that article too. Who knows which one is correct? Maybe he's had both. Also players aren't always forthcoming with the exact nature or extent of their injuries so not always the journos fault. I can't be bothered getting too upset about it all, just chill and enjoy the tennis :)

Dellacqua is apparently taking time out from tennis. Not retiring but the concussion injury she suffered has knocked her around a bit and she will need an extended break.

I don't mean to be a downer but she would be odds-on to not return to the tour unfortunately. She was concussed over six months ago. Such a prolonged experience of concussion symptoms is a real problem and the reason we saw Justin Clarke step away from football a few months ago. At her age it would be a remarkable comeback to professional sport and realistically I doubt it happens.

I don't mean to be a downer but she would be odds-on to not return to the tour unfortunately. She was concussed over six months ago. Such a prolonged experience of concussion symptoms is a real problem and the reason we saw Justin Clarke step away from football a few months ago. At her age it would be a remarkable comeback to professional sport and realistically I doubt it happens.

I agree, her injury doesn't sound too good and probably best she looks after herself than play competitive tennis anytime soon.

Paszek is much better than her ranking on grass, she beat someone good at Wimbledon one year maybe Ivanovic, so that's a nice win.

Pretty sure LTA give wildcards to the players that win the grass ITFs/Challengers for both women and men. It would be a great irony if she earned a wildcard.

edit: Paszek made the quarters at wimbledon in 2012. Beat Wozniacki, Cornet, Wickmayer, Vinci. The week before that she won Eastbourne beating Erakovic, Hantuchova, Pironkova, Bartoli and Kerber.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/59e7c5e7aed7569d62e54d704c97fc59

Progressing in a session where Canberra’s Alison Bai lost 6-4 6-2 to Briton Tara Moore and Storm Sanders fell 6-1 7-5 to Croat talent Donna Vekic, Barty is revelling on English grass.

I know this is Aussie watch but I have to laugh at the notion at Vekic being a talent. Maybe she is talented at being pretty and landing a famous boyfriend because she has finished around the rank of 100 the last 4 years :eek:

Lost to Riske in two tight sets. Pretty good to make a semi in her first tournament back, if she had won it, a Wimbledon wildcard would of been possible.

Jordan Thompson made it to the semi-finals of the Surbiton Challenger, being beaten in three sets by the eventual winner, Y H Lu. Should give his ranking another nice little boost :thumbsu:

Off-topic but I screen-grabbed this from MTF. Y H Lu is the most prolific Challenger title winner.

yCphy0m.png

Hewitt knows how to retire. He has taken a doubles wc for Wimbledon with Jordan Thompson.

Maybe a shot to play Olympics with peers???

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Interesting, yeah could be for a sneaky chance to slip into the Olympics.
Least we get to see the champ out on court a bit longer.

Hewitt knows how to retire. He has taken a doubles wc for Wimbledon with Jordan Thompson.

Maybe a shot to play Olympics with peers???

God who knows but the words 'Hewitt' and 'retirement' are doing my head in :drunk:

Doubles is fine, he would still be able to play part time just fine if he wanted to do. Who the f*** cares if he retired? It's his choice (and apparently wimby still give him a wildcard)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back