2016 Draftees feedback

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So is there much coming out of the club about the inital training form of new draftees? Normally by now you have the "he is the closest thing to Andrew.McCloud we have seen" or "player x is going to be a gun" tweet by now.
Whats the vibe coming out so far?

So is there much coming out of the club about the inital training form of new draftees? Normally by now you have the "he is the closest thing to Andrew.McCloud we have seen" or "player x is going to be a gun" tweet by now.

Ever since John The Future Butcher clubs have learnt not to say that s**t anymore, some fans still do however

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-21/draftee-and-rookie-watch.mobileapp

Adelaide
There's a lot to like about silky-skilled midfielder Jordan Gallucci during his first pre-season with the Crows. The club's first choice at the 2016 NAB AFL Draft and No.16 overall, Gallucci has fitted in smoothly with his clean hands, ability to read the play and outside speed. Myles Poholke also looks like he belongs at this level. He's got the strength and size that suggests he wouldn't be out of place in the senior side. Poholke has held his own during contested drills against his more experienced teammates. Pre-existing injuries have slowed the progress of Elliott Himmelberg (leg), Matthew Signorello (shoulder) and Ben Davis (foot). While Himmelberg is a key position prospect, he's also been working with Sam Jacobs to provide depth in the ruck. Rookie-listed father/son recruit Ben Jarman will take longer to develop as a dangerous small forward, but is learning from one of the best in Eddie Betts.

The standout: With the Crows badly needing an injection of pace in their midfield, Gallucci will be knocking down the door for an AFL debut before too long. - Lee Gaskin

I've heard second hand from one of the senior players that they were most impressed with Himmelberg

This was back in December however

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard second hand from one of the senior players that they were most impressed with Himmelberg

This was back in December however

I am actually most excited about Himmelberg as well. His profile is listed on afc.com.au as 198cm. Now he is 18 years old and there is every chance with a professional diet that he will still grow some more. He is only 4cm off Jacobs height. The kid looks very raw, but his brother was somebody that we liked for a first rounder last year and this kid is taller than his brother. I was a massive fan of GCS 2 metre peter last year, so I am hoping that Elliot will be ours.

We will certainly need some more reports from the next open training session. I am really looking forward to seeing Gallucci in the pre-season games, along with Menzel and Hampton.

Hearing good head nodding comments from a coach's father re Gallucci. Skills.

I am actually most excited about Himmelberg as well. His profile is listed on afc.com.au as 198cm. Now he is 18 years old and there is every chance with a professional diet that he will still grow some more. He is only 4cm off Jacobs height. The kid looks very raw, but his brother was somebody that we liked for a first rounder last year and this kid is taller than his brother. I was a massive fan of GCS 2 metre peter last year, so I am hoping that Elliot will be ours.
if he turned out anything like 2m Peter that would be great . Certainly knows how to take a contested mark which would be handy for a ruckman ( and a forward )

if he turned out anything like 2m Peter that would be great . Certainly knows how to take a contested mark which would be handy for a ruckman ( and a forward )
Got good athleticism for a big man, too

Would give our forward line a great, new dynamic if he can replace JJ in the long run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back