List Mgmt. 2016 National Draft - Rookie Draft Monday 28th

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Scrimshaw be a high third tall forward?
Agile as hell dances around players..
Handy player to have on the Interchange bench. Handy player to have as depth for our forward line and our back line. Very happy with that selection.

Not that Griffin Logue isn't very similar, it was really out of those two for us IMO to fill that exact need.

But Ainsworth. Yes. So happy we got him.

Really strange that almost every single pre-draft article published (including Quayle, Anderson, Twomey) had us selecting Logue. Gotta be a last minute change, surely. Every draft prediction was spot on (including the Carlton bid for SPS) until it got to our second pick.

Even Logue said on SEN that he and his manager thought the Suns were going to pick him.

Really strange that almost every single pre-draft article published (including Quayle, Anderson, Twomey) had us selecting Logue. Gotta be a last minute change, surely. Every draft prediction was spot on (including the Carlton bid for SPS) until it got to our second pick.

Even Logue said on SEN that he and his manager thought the Suns were going to pick him.
I think Freo changed their minds at the last minute.

Just saw on the Suns website that Brodie was a Freo fan growing up and his footy idol was Michael Barlow - even has a signed Barlow guernsey on his wall. Having Barlow at the club teaching Brodie is gonna be fantastic for both of them.

It just seems like this trade period couldn't be more perfect.

I'm sure that Ainsworth and Brodie are gonna make the round 1 side - their upside and skill are just tremendous. Nothing against Bowes, Scheer, or Scrim, but Ainsworth and Brodie are already pretty solid guys and are already close to ready for AFL footy. With a full preseason under their belts, they're gonna really prove their worth IMO.

Really rate Scrimshaw too - just not sure who he could replace in the backline ATM though.

Scheer and Bowes have a bit of work to do though, IMO. Love them both but not ready for AFL footy just yet I don't think. Bowes close, but no cigar. Needs muscle.

Just saw on the Suns website that Brodie was a Freo fan growing up and his footy idol was Michael Barlow - even has a signed Barlow guernsey on his wall. Having Barlow at the club teaching Brodie is gonna be fantastic for both of them.

It just seems like this trade period couldn't be more perfect.

I'm sure that Ainsworth and Brodie are gonna make the round 1 side - their upside and skill are just tremendous. Nothing against Bowes, Scheer, or Scrim, but Ainsworth and Brodie are already pretty solid guys and are already close to ready for AFL footy. With a full preseason under their belts, they're gonna really prove their worth IMO.

Really rate Scrimshaw too - just not sure who he could replace in the backline ATM though.

Scheer and Bowes have a bit of work to do though, IMO. Love them both but not ready for AFL footy just yet I don't think. Bowes close, but no cigar. Needs muscle.
I think Bowes may surprise you... kid can seriously play.. has that calmness that only comes from having supreme ability.. I think but for injury Fiorini would have played a lot of high quality footy last year.. Bowes is already bigger, and quite possibly better..

So now that we are moving onto the rookie draft, any chance we pick up an academy player as a catB rookie? We nominated a good 8 or so guys prior to the draft so surely one of them is a sneaky chance a la Joyce last year (who has proven a solid pick)? Doesn't seem to be a stand out, but you never know.

So now that we are moving onto the rookie draft, any chance we pick up an academy player as a catB rookie? We nominated a good 8 or so guys prior to the draft so surely one of them is a sneaky chance a la Joyce last year (who has proven a solid pick)? Doesn't seem to be a stand out, but you never know.
What about Spencer? I've seen him play at lower level and goes well, how does he go at NEAFL level? Seen him play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me how many rookie spots are likely to be used?
2, apparently earmarked to re-rookie Schade and Brooksby if available. . But you never know till the day.. plus a cat B rookie or two used for academy guys (big chance) international or other sport guys (interested in a Townsville basketballer atm)

Just looking at one of the phantoms and saw that it had us selecting Fraser Mcinnes at 4, along with Schade...
I like Mcinnes, WC have said they will re-rookie him but not if we grab him first..
He is 6'6, 23 years old and can play back and fwd.. He killed us a couple of years ago I remember, 20 odd possessions. .. I think he brings more to the table as a key position than Brooksby remembering we are covered for rucks now.. he also has a brighter future.. could still make it in the AFL, he has been held up at WCE with their lack of injuries. .

Brodie is supposably 189
Bowes 187

Got a sneaky suspicion Bowes might of caught Brodie seen a couple photos of them side by side the last 48hours Bowes looks as tall.

If that is the case.. wowee

This picture Bowes is slouched slightly yet Brodie still a cm or 2 taller whilst standing upright.
Bowes guns also give Brodie a bit of a run for his money

IMG_7755.jpg

2, apparently earmarked to re-rookie Schade and Brooksby if available. . But you never know till the day.. plus a cat B rookie or two used for academy guys (big chance) international or other sport guys (interested in a Townsville basketballer atm)
Yeah I saw that news story sbout the exbasketball player.
None of the academy guys are cat b eligible though are they?

They are if not picked up in the draft
Got it. Just read the fine print for catb for you guys. All academy kids are catb eligible.
Not sure why you would bother with catb for the academy kids, they can still be developed at training/NEAFL and their local QAFL club.
The basketballer is a different matter though.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed it's the top 20 in all these photos plus Scheer.

Someone didn't have the balls to tell him it's just the top 20 mate.
Not pick 76

View attachment 313794
funny how he said in the interview that the suns hadn't given him any indication that they'd pick him/match a bid, yet they flew him down to sydney for the draft. :$

Anyone else noticed it's the top 20 in all these photos plus Scheer.

Someone didn't have the balls to tell him it's just the top 20 mate.
Not pick 76

View attachment 313794

To be fair the Saints guy standing next to him went at like pick 39. And I can't see any Port shirts, so Im assuming these two were just around so they thought stuff it we need 20 guys, just jump in. Plus he should have gone top 20. An absolute steal not going into deficit.

Either that or it is a picture of who the top 20 players from the draft will end up being. ;)

funny how he said in the interview that the suns hadn't given him any indication that they'd pick him/match a bid, yet they flew him down to sydney for the draft. :$

Good pick up , but i dont think he was lying , Suns playing cards to close to there chest.

Is that customary for academy players? Otherwise yeah dead giveaway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back